Well known and impressive chalet in the centre of Meribel is built over three floors with truly spectacular views of the Meribel Valley. The central location of the chalet is ideal for easy access to the resort, shops and bars and there is a Meribus stop right outside.
The central suspended wood burner is not only eye-catching but a focal point of the open plan living and dining area. There are simply breathtaking views of the Meribel Valley from the lounge and most of the bedrooms. There are three double bedrooms and five twin bedrooms all offering fully en-suite with shower facilities. The outdoor jacuzzi is conveniently located on the south-facing sunny deck and there is a Private Cinema room on the first floor. All the bedrooms are light and spacious. Most have shared south-facing balconies with the same dramatic views as the rest of the chalet. There is ground floor access via a heated boot room with internal access to the rest of the chalet.
The chalet can only be booked for sole use.
Meribel is a large and scattered resort, don't be confused, there are many smaller villages such as Raffort, Chandon and Les Allues, up to 6kms away, from the centre. This chalet is located in the centre, however, the centre does not mean that the shops, bars and main lift area are all on your doorstep. All our chalets are located all round the resort centre, and only a ten minute or less walk to the shops and bars. The main lift area is slightly beyond this and although you could walk, there is no need as we operate a minibus service. Located in the heart of Meribel, Chalet Virage is already an established favourite in the centre of town and is only a 5-minute walk to the town centre. Our minibus service means that one of our drivers will take you from outside your chalet down to the main lift area and ski schools in the morning, its approximately a four-minute ride, at the end of the day you can text your driver for a collection home, even from the Rond Point. It is less than a five-minute walk to the shops and bars of an evening.
- 5 mins walk to town
- Minibus service
- Outside Jacuzzi Hot-tub
- Wood burner
- Boot room with heaters
- Large Cinema room
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of games
- South-facing balcony
- Free WiFi
- Room 1 - Twin with walk-in shower, basin and WC - Shared balcony with views
- Room 2 - Double with walk-in shower, basin and WC - Shared balcony with views
- Room 3 - Twin with walk-in shower, basin and WC - Shared balcony with views
- Room 4 - Twin with bath, shower attachment basin and WC - Shared balcony with views
- Room 5 - Double with walk-in shower, basin and WC - Shared balcony with views
- Room 6 - Twin with walk-in shower, basin and WC - Shared balcony with views
- Room 7 - Twin with walk-in shower, basin and WC - own balcony
All rooms have brand new bathrooms with walk-in showers.
The price shown are in £'s and is for the full chalet booking up to 14 people, regardless of your occupancy and includes:-
- Resort Management and Chalet Host services
- Breakfast - continental & cooked options
- Home-made afternoon tea of cake or biscuits
- Canapés & 3-course evening meal (5 nights)
- Early dinner menu for children under 12 years
- Quality choice wines with your evening meal
- A week's cheeseboard to enjoy at your leisure
Use of the chalet facilities:
- Outdoor Jacuzzi Hot Tub
- Private Cinema
- Freeview TV/ DVD player/Blue-tooth speaker
- Free WiFi access
- Open Log Fire
- Boot warmers
- Minibus service
Not included in the price:
- £21 per adult Resort Tourist Tax
- Ski Passes
- Flights or transfers - We can help arrange these, please discuss your options with our office.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
Up until the day that you travel to resort this operator will offer a full balance refund of any money paid in the following circumstances:
- If you are a minor or fully vaccinated adult and we are required to cancel your booking due to travel restrictions within France, or;
- If this operator are required to cancel your booking due to closure by the French authorities of your chosen resort, or;
- In the event of the closure of the ski lifts by the authorities in your chosen resort, or;
- If France imposes a compulsory quarantine on minors or fully vaccinated adults from the UK, or;
- If you are a minor or fully vaccinated adult and any of the UK national governments impose a national lockdown and/or regional travel ban preventing you from travelling.
This operator will not refund and/or be liable for any losses howsoever arising under the following circumstances, and therefore require that you take out adequate insurance to cover:
- When you are an adult and have not been fully vaccinated, but had you been would have been able to travel;
- Where you have been diagnosed with Covid-19 before confirmed arrival and are no longer able to travel;
- Where you have been in contact with someone that has been diagnosed with Covid-19 and need to self-isolate;
- Where you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace (or your national or local test and trace systems) and you are required to self-isolate;
- You have been diagnosed during your trip or have otherwise come in contract with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 and you are now required to self-isolate.
Your insurance policy should cover you for repatriation where necessary, emergency medical expenses abroad and additional costs of accommodation and/or transport if you need to self-isolate whilst abroad
Deposits of your holiday will be retained as a deposit voucher
How to cancel: You may only cancel due to a COVID-19 related reason within 7 days prior to your arrival date and you must notify us of your cancellation and the reason. Any cancellation will only be effective when the operator receive it in writing via email. Please note: Should one or more members of a party cancel due to a COVID-19 related reason but the other members are not prevented from travelling, the only reduction in the price of the holiday will be the cost of local resort tax for the person/s unable to travel. The Chalet price will remain unchanged.
If you wish to change the date of your booking and/or chalet
Should you wish to amend your chalet booking to another date and/or chalet in the same season, there will be an administration charge of £250. This operator are not able to change chalet bookings to other seasons.
Deposit Voucher Terms
All vouchers issued will be for future ski holidays and will not be date or chalet specific. The following terms will apply to your deposit voucher:
- It is valid until the end of the following winter season (April 2023).
- It cannot be resold, transferred for value or exchanged or cash.
- The person who is named on the voucher must redeem it, this will be the group leaders' name, the first named person on the booking.
- Where the voucher is used to make a new booking that is subsequently cancelled for whatever reason, any refund due to you will firstly be refunded back via the original credit/debit card up to the value of the initial voucher.
- This operator will not be responsible for any voucher that is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Good wholesome and appetizing food is an essential part of any chalet holiday and that is precisely what this operator provides with the very best local produce.
All their quality catered chalets in Meribel or La Tania, start the day with a hearty breakfast. Please see the menu below. Return to your chalet at tea time to a baked cake or biscuits with tea, coffee or hot chocolate.
Shortly before dinner you can enjoy canapés with your fellow guests. Your carefully prepared dinner comprises of three-courses, complemented with a choice of four quality French wines. You will also be provided with a cheese board of locally selected cheeses for the week, which you can enjoy at your own leisure.
Tea and coffee are available for you during the day for you to help yourself to for the duration of your stay.
Staff Days Off
Tuesday are the host's full day off. They are also off on Thursday evening and a Saturday morning.
Tuesday is the staff's full day off and on this day a continental self serve breakfast of hams and cheese will be laid out. You will also have fresh bread, cereals, fruit and yoghurts as usual.
You will be able to sample one of the many restaurants on a Tuesday and Thursday evening, chalet staff will be happy to recommend and help you with the booking of this.
On Saturday morning you will receive a delivery of of freshly baked croissants and pain au chocolate to your chalet. You will also have fresh bread, cereals, fruit and yoghurts as usual.
- A choice of cereals, freshly baked bread, choice of preserves, yoghurts with dairy-free options, if you have pre-booked. We can also offer porridge. There is also a bowl of fruit and we serve with fruit juices, fresh coffee and pots of tea.
- Poached eggs, bacon, sausage and mushrooms
- Poached eggs, mushrooms and tomato (V)
- Mushroom and tomato (VG)
Tuesday – self serve
- Selection of cheeses, cold meats and tomatoes
- Cheese & tomatoes (V)
- Tomatoes & cucumber (VG)
- Scrambled eggs with either salmon, bacon
- or mushrooms (V)
- Mushrooms or tomatoes on toast (VG)
Thursday – self serve
- Eggs of choice, bacon, beans, sausage, mushroom
- Mushroom, tomato, beans (VG)
- American style pancakes with bacon or golden syrup, yoghurt and berries or eggy bread
- (GF option can be made) (VG) Soya yoghurt
- Fresh delivered croissants and pain au chocolate.
- Bacon and/or fried egg sandwiches for departure day.
- A choice of tomato, Marmite, cucumber or salad sandwiches (VG)
Evening Sample Menu
- Canapés & Kir or a beer
- Bruschetta with brie and red onion marmalade
- Parma ham, roasted cherry tomato, courgette, parmesan shavings and rocket salad
- Roasted lamb with a red currant sauce served roasted parsley baby potatoes, honey glazed carrots and roasted broccoli
- Pine nut and olive stuffed beef tomatoes served roasted parsley baby potatoes, honey glazed carrots and roasted broccoli.
- Tart citron with fresh Chantilly cream
- Canapés & Kir
- Honey and mustard sausages
- French onion soup served with blue cheese croutons
- Chicken wrapped in bacon cooked in a creamy mushroom and tarragon sauce served with fondant potatoes braised leeks and sautéed courgettes
- Mushroom stroganoff served with fondant potatoes braised leeks and sautéed courgettes
- Rich chocolate and orange truffle torte
Each evening with your meal you will also have
- A choice of four quality wines is available throughout your evening meal
- There is a weeks selection of local cheeses & biscuits to enjoy at your leisure.
(V) Vegetarian | (VG) Vegan | (GF) Gluten Free | (DF) Dairy Free
Special Dietary Requirements
Recently this operator has noticed an increase in requests for special dietary requirements. The nature of a chalet holiday has traditionally been a menu for the whole chalet during the week. This is an element that allows this operator to provide competitively priced holidays in the first-class Ski Resorts of Meribel & Courchevel. The availability of certain ingredients has improved over recent years in the Alps from our suppliers. Therefore they are happy to introduce the choice of a revised menu/cakes when requested with adequate notice. There will be a charge of £39 per person for this service. Please note chalet hosts are not professional chefs.
Vegetarian, Pescatarian And Special Diets
This operator is happy to assist with your special dietary requirements. Vegetarian and pescatarian options are available on their normal chalet menus and there is no charge for this. Other special diets can generally be catered for, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, coeliac and other specific food allergies. There will be a charge of £39 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared. Failure to do so will result in a short notice fee of €60 per person per week charged in resort. A specific meal may not be available on the first night with late notice. Please note chalet hosts are not professional chefs.
Likes And Dislikes
It is impossible for chalet staff to take notes of peoples food 'dislikes'. If you are on a diet, then a chalet holiday might not be your best option, however, you can make the choice of what you eat on the menu. They have set menus, these are varied and made from local fresh produce, your hosts do not have the time or resources to make different dinners for a variety of people each evening. Please note our chalet hosts are not professional chefs.
France/Ski resorts don't tend to be vegan friendly, with almost every menu featuring cheese fondue and cured meats. So the choice is limited during the day at the mountain restaurants, trying to explain to a Frenchman that you are vegan may well fall on deaf ears. So be prepared, your choice may only be veg soup, salad or chips. Thie operator has offered a vegetarian option in their chalets for the past 26 years and continue to do so, on occasions they can adapt this to being vegan if it is not already. But it is hard for chalet hosts to produce elaborate vegan cuisine. The supermarkets do not have the same amazing choices we do in the UK, especially in the mountains. They are able to offer you dairy-free options of milk, yoghurt and maybe even ice cream, but there are no dairy-free cheeses and certainly no Linda Macartney sausages or similar choices available locally. Chalet hosts will do their very best to accommodate you. Please note our chalet hosts are not professional chefs.
They can provide:
- Gluten-Free breads for canapés and side dishes
- Gluten-Free flour
- Gluten-Free pastry
- Gluten-Free pasta
- Gluten-Free cakes
- Dairy-free spread & soy yoghurts
- Soy, Goats, rice and almond milk
- Dairy free cream
They cannot provide:
- Gluten-free cereals
- Rice or other flour types
- Specific organic items
- Any manufactured ‘Free from’ items (including sugar-free & vegan suitable)
- Quorn & other meat substitutes
For their Gluten-free guests they can provide gluten-free cakes, please note you may be served the same cake twice in a week.
However please note, extreme dietary requests may not be able to be met, so it is important you discuss any requests with us before you book as a chalet holiday.
In choosing to travel with this operator, you accept the following facts: That chalet hosts involved in catering, including for children’s meals, are generally not qualified catering professionals and that no food allergy system can ever have a 100% guarantee against any contact with specified food. Items such as eggs, dairy products and nuts are constantly present in kitchens and dining areas, so cross-contamination cannot be ruled out, chalet staff cannot police what snacks third parties, including other guests’ children, may bring into contact with the allergic person. Chalet staff may not be aware of precise food contents, where they do not speak the language in which the ingredients are labelled, for example. You will appreciate all staff adhere to all the Health & Safety measures required in chalet kitchens but the chalet cannot be regarded as a complete sterile area. They therefore cannot and do not guarantee the avoidance of specified ingredients, and cannot accept liability in the event of any dissatisfaction with special dietary arrangements, including the occurrence of an allergic reaction.
Please note that if you or your party leader fail to inform us of dietary requirements or allergies before your arrival, then this operator will struggle to provide these. There will be a late notification charge of €60 per person. This operator cannot guarantee the provision of a special diet on the first day of your holiday in the event of last-minute notice. Please note that our chalet staff have pre-purchased or ordered all the products and ingredients required for the week ahead.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy