Your heart will be won over by the Albona, like the so many others who have stayed here.
The Albona is located only a short walk from the lifts, so you don’t have to traipse too far with your equipment before you’re up on the slopes. And as Ischgl is renowned for its après, you’ll have full access to all of the lively bars and clubs just a short ski-boot shuffle away from your doorstep.
Warming, homely colours decorate the interiors and wooden panelling lines the ceilings of public areas - a pleasing contrast to the cold outside. Clean and spacious rooms are ready and waiting to welcome you back after a day on the mountain, as well as the helpful and friendly staff who are more than happy to deal with any request you throw at them.
And when rumbling tummies can’t be ignored, the food at the Albona is more than satisfying. On this bed-and-breakfast board option. the scrumptious breakfasts are prepared for you with extra care and attention from the chefs, to make sure your meal times are memorable, varied and, of course, tasty. An optional half board upgrade with exquisite 4-course evening meals is also available.
If you return from the slopes feeling worn out and your muscles begging for a rest, then the Albona can make you feel revitalised in no time. In the wellness centre you can try out a range of different spa facilities from an aroma steam bath to a salt laconicum, and, if you really just want to relax, a chill out room.
This hotel gives you a 4 star experience with 5 star hospitality, and with the combination of great location, great food and great rooms, what more could you ask for?
- A lovely hotel a short walk from the Silvrettabahn lift.
- Only a 3 minute walk from an array of shops and bars.
- Gorgeous wellness area with 2 saunas, chillout room and solarium.
- on the main strip through town
- 3 minutes' walk from resort centre
- 3 minutes' walk to the Silvrettabahn lift
- ski bus stop 50m from hotel
- ski school and nursey slopes at the top of the Silvrettabahn lift
All rooms have a flat screen TV, free WiFi, telephone, hairdyer, safe and fridge and are non-smoking. Cots and interconnecting rooms are available upon request.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single sofa bed, private shower and WC. This room is on the lower ground floor.
- Superior Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
Please note: Twin beds may be Austrian Twin beds.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- hotel bar and lounge (smoking allowed)
- free WiFi
- wellness area with sauna, steam room and solarium
- ski lockers and heated boot rack
- lift to all floors
- parking is available for an extra cost
- hot and cold breakfast buffet
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
This hotel does not accept groups of more than 6 people.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy