Highly recommended, idyllic, high-quality modern log cabins, dotted around the woods in a variety of scenic locations. Excellent cross-country skiing starts from the door. Cabins are located 2-10 minutes' walk (250-900m) to the nearest ski bus stop and from one of either the Äkäs Hotel or Kaltio Hotel. There is a large well-stocked supermarket and a choice of cafés, bars and restaurants for those who prefer to eat out. (All cabins vary in appearance and location and may be round or flat log or adjoin another cabin).
Choose your cabin
We are happy to say, with so many repeat guests, it is now possible to request the specific cabin name at the time of booking, through the our reservations department, and our cabin rental agency will confirm your choice, if available, within 1-2 working days. Otherwise the exact cabin will only be advised on arrival.
These are some of the cabins typically allocated to this operators guests:
- 1-room cabin (A4): Ylläsniesta, Ylläskuningas, Reporanka, Musko, Ylläs-Sulo
- 2-room cabin (B5): Ylläsröhkö, Musko, Peltola, Veerantupa, Veramukka, Lumipolku, Sapara
- 3-room cabin (C6): Hillankukka, Lumipolku, Sapara, Reporanka, Ylläsniesta, Teerentie
- 4-room cabin (D8): Ylläsniesta, Poronkello, Kurunkolo
- 7-room cabin (E0): Highly recommended detached Hillankukka (Big)
All log Cabins have
(Sizes are approximate. Cabins vary in appearance and may be round or flat log or adjoin another cabin. None are fully detached.)
- Shower, WC, Sauna
- Fireplace (wood included), TV, VCR or DVD
- Oven, Dishwasher, Fridge, Toaster, Microwave, Vacuum cleaner, Iron, Coffee maker, Drying closet and washing machine
- Linen, towels, firewood and final clean included
1-room + mezz (A4) 25m²+10m² - sleeps 1-4 - with
- Double sofa bed in openplan living room/kitchen
- 2 mattress beds in mezzanine
2-room + mezz (B5) 45m²+10m² - sleeps 2-5 - with
- 1 twin bedroom
- 2 mattress beds in mezzanine
- Single sofa bed in open-plan living room/kitchen
3-room + mezz (C6) 57m²+20m² - sleeps 3-6 - with
- 2 twin bedrooms
- Large mezzanine with 2 beds
4-room + mezz (D8) 64m²+20m² - sleeps 3-8 - with
- 3 twin bedrooms
- 2 beds in large mezzanine (2 toilets). Bookings of 6 or less persons may be allocated a 3 bedroom cabin without a mezzanine.
7-room + mezz 'Hillankukka Big' (E0) 130m²+54m² - sleeps 4-12 - with
- 4 twin bedrooms downstairs all with en suite shower/wc
- 2 large twin bedrooms upstairs with sloping roof and sliding doors, sharing additional downstairs showers/wc/sauna.
- This cabin, called 'Hillanukka Big', is highly recommended and located in a peaceful scenic central wooded location.
- Optional pre-bookable half board at the nearer of either Äkäs or Kaltio Hotels 500-900m away.
- 2-10 minutes's walk (250-900m) to the nearest ski bus stop from one of either Äkäs Hotel or Kaltio Hotel.
- Guests may pay to use the pool and sauna at Äkäs Hotel
- Included Firewood, linen, towels and final clean
- Indoor pool
We’ve put together details on how your ski holiday may differ this year. From restrictions in resort to information on public places and what might be different at your accommodation.
Click here for COVID-19 travel advice for your chosen ski holiday destination.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
Covid-19 refund promise
If things change and we have to cancel your holiday because of Covid, you can pick another trip, or get a full refund.
ATOL & ABTA protection
These schemes are backed by the government, so whatever happens, your money is protected.
Added flexibility with no fee on Ski holidays
Up to 28-days before departure, you can move your ski holiday to later this winter (same airline & accommodation) with no fee from us. You will need to cover any extra cost if your new date is more expensive. If our suppliers charge a fee for the change, we may need to pass this on. (Excludes Lapland & Summer holidays).
Be prepared with Covid-19 Travel Insurance
We would highly recommend that you take out additional Covid-19 travel insurance. Many travel insurance policies will no longer cover you as standard if your holiday is disrupted due to Coronavirus, but there are new policies and add-ons appearing on the market that will provide cover for any unforeseen circumstances between booking and departing on holiday as well as while on holiday.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
2022/2023 Season offersHalf Price Equipment HireHalf price ski hire or carriage when you book your lift pass. Offer available on all dates.Not valid on bookings made within 6 weeks of departure
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy