Characterised by its pastel-yellow exterior, the Hotel Schütthof truly stands out in the snowy, white landscape.
Inside, you’ll be greeted by the friendly team, headed up by Ingeborg Jungwirth and Karin Zoggeler, who go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The bedrooms themselves are welcoming, too, with wood-panelled rooms and traditional Austrian twin beds.
Early mornings on the mountain aren’t too much of a task either, despite being a 25-minute walk from Zell am See itself, as you can hop on the Areitbahn – a 6-minute walk away – all the way to the slopes. Easy peasy.
If you’re more chilled about your start time, or aren’t skiing at all, then make sure to take advantage of the hotel’s luxurious Vulcano Spa. This rooftop wellness space has two saunas, a steam bath and a glass corridor that leads to a stunning swimming pool, complete with natural stone water wall. If that’s not enough, the relaxation area offers comfy lounging with a direct view of the Kitzsteinhorn.
Mealtimes are a breeze, too. Pre-dinner, settle down to an aperitif at Kathi’s bar, before tucking into some delicious delicacies at the Enzian Stuberl. If you want to end your holiday on a high, treat yourself to a meal at the à la carte Zeitgeist restaurant. And just to spoil you even more, guests at the Hotel Schütthof can also access the restaurants and Gold Spa at next door’s Hotel Latini.
- In the village of Schüttdorf, only a 2-minute walk from the ski bus stop.
- Vulcano Spa with saunas, steam bath and relaxation area.
- Four restaurants and three bars across two sister properties to choose from.
- in the village of Schüttdorf
- 25 minutes' walk to the centre of Zell am See
- 6 minutes' walk to the Areit Gondola
- 6 minutes' walk to the ski school and nursery slopes
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms are non-smoking and have free WiFi, a telephone, hairdryer and safe. Some rooms also have a flatscreen TV with UK channels. Cots are available to hire on request, free of charge.
- Double room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Double room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single folding bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head-to-head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- Kathi's Bar
- free WiFi
- Vulcano Spa with Finnish sauna, herb organic sauna, steam room and relaxation area
- extra charge for massages and other treatments
- extra charge for solarium
- kids' play room
- Enzian Stuberl restaurant
- extra charge for à la carte Zeitgeist restaurant
- Stuberl Parlour and Papa Rudolfo Pizzeria restaurants at sister residence Hotel Latini
- weekly activity programme
- lift to all floors
- ski room with lockers and heated boot rack
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon snack (3-5pm daily)
- themed buffet evening meals
- one complimentary drink every Monday at the Hotel Latini (at around 6.30pm)
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy