This relaxed guesthouse has been converted from apartments, so the rooms are modern and comfortable.
The Edelweiss' location is great too. It's just outside the centre of Zell am See - great for a stroll around the town - and just a snowball's throw from the lakeside. For getting to the lifts you have the choice of an eight minute walk up to the City Xpress gondola for access to the Schmittenhöhe, or a couple of minutes to the ski bus that can also take you over to the nearby Kitzsteinhorn glacier.
Back at the Edelweiss - there's a small basement wellness area with Finnish sauna, steam room and a free juice and tea bar in the relaxation room.
You've got the choice of sticking with bed and breakfast giving you the chance to explore Zell am See's great restaurants - alternatively get your meals sorted before you go and upgrade to half board and eat at a nearby restaurant.
- Central location, close to lakeside.
- Finnish sauna and bio sauna.
- On bed and breakfast so you can explore local restaurants.
- close to the centre of Zell am See
- 4 minutes' walk to the lakeshore
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms have a satellite TV, hairdryer and free WiFi and are non-smoking.
- Small Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Small Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Small Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC, balcony and lake view.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra child bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Family Room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults) : Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Junior Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Two Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- self-service coffee area
- sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and small relaxation area
- tea and juice bar in relaxation area
- ski storage room
- non-smoking throughout
The Haus Edelweiss is only manned for limited hours each morning and afternoon. If assistance is required outside of the normal service hours there is a phone in reception.
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- optional 3-course evening meals with choice of main course taken at a nearby restaurant (approx 8-10-minute walk)
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy