Classic Tyrolean style rules at the Hotel Enzian - with lots of natural wood, stained-glass windows and trinkets helping define the building's personality. As Obergurgl's smallest 4* hotel you'll also get treated to lots of that typical Austrian hospitality that comes as standard around here, but with an extra personal touch.
The Enzian has a great location, just uphill from the centre of town. It'll take you around 5 minutes on foot to get to the main street - just be aware there is a fairly steep path down. Best of all you are just moments from a blue slope that'll take you down to the nearest lifts and - once you've got the basics down - to the ski school.
If you like a bit of pampering at the end of the ski day, you've got a large and modern wellness suite with saunas, a steam room and whirlpool - plus a comfy relaxation area complete with waterbeds. Also, you can try a range of soothing massages or keep active in the fitness room.
The rooms, like the rest of the hotel, are traditionally furnished. But they also come with all the modern essentials. Choose from generously-sized rooms or spacious apartments - either way, you'll get a great night's sleep ready for hitting the slopes the next day.
The Enzian is also famous for its excellent cuisine and top-class table service. Chefs of the highest quality prepare your breakfast and dinner, offering incredible taste sensations from beginning to end.
- Great location overlooking Obergurgl, 3 minutes' walk from the main street.
- Less than 1 minute's walk from the nearest slope.
- Excellent wellness area with saunas, steam baths, whirlpool and fitness room.
- quiet location
- 3 minutes' walk to the main street and nearest lift
- 30 metres to the nearest blue slope
- 5 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, free WiFi, safe and satellite TV.
- Type A twin room (24m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- Type B large twin room (32m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, seating area with double sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
- Type C apartment (50-60m²) in annexe Aparthotel Johannes - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, separate living area with double sofa bed and combined kitchenette, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Type D family room (38m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, separate lounge with double sofa bed or bunk beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi throughout
- sun terrace
- smoking lounge
- wellness area with sauna, infrared sauna, steam room, whirlpool, water bed meditation room and relaxation room
- fitness room
- extra charge for massage and use of solarium
- lift to all floors
- ski room with allocated lockers for every room which includes heating facilities for boots and equipment
- extra charge for laundry service
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad, starter and cheese buffets
- weekly speciality dinner
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
- children's menu
- vegetarian options
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
There is an extra charge for infants aged up to two years.
When you arrive in Obergurgl, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to the Hotel Enzian.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy