Classic Tyrolean style rules at the Hotel Enzian - with lots of natural wood, stained-glass windows and trinkets helping define the building's personality. As Obergurgl's smallest 4* hotel you'll also get treated to lots of that typical Austrian hospitality that comes as standard around here, but with an extra personal touch.
The Enzian has a great location, just uphill from the centre of town. It'll take you around 5 minutes on foot to get to the main street - just be aware there is a fairly steep path down. Best of all you are just moments from a blue slope that'll take you down to the nearest lifts and - once you've got the basics down - to the ski school.
If you like a bit of pampering at the end of the ski day, you've got a large and modern wellness suite with saunas, a steam room and whirlpool - plus a comfy relaxation area complete with waterbeds. Also, you can try a range of soothing massages or keep active in the fitness room.
The rooms, like the rest of the hotel, are traditionally furnished. But they also come with all the modern essentials. Choose from generously-sized rooms or spacious apartments - either way, you'll get a great night's sleep ready for hitting the slopes the next day.
The Enzian is also famous for its excellent cuisine and top-class table service. Chefs of the highest quality prepare your breakfast and dinner, offering incredible taste sensations from beginning to end.
- Great location overlooking Obergurgl, 3 minutes' walk from the main street.
- Less than 1 minute's walk from the nearest slope.
- Excellent wellness area with saunas, steam baths, whirlpool and fitness room.
- quiet location
- 3 minutes' walk to the main street and nearest lift
- 30 metres to the nearest blue slope
- 5 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, free WiFi, safe and satellite TV.
- Type A twin room (24m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- Type B large twin room (32m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, seating area with double sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
- Type C apartment (50-60m²) in annexe Aparthotel Johannes - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, separate living area with double sofa bed and combined kitchenette, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Type D family room (38m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, separate lounge with double sofa bed or bunk beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi throughout
- sun terrace
- smoking lounge
- wellness area with sauna, infrared sauna, steam room, whirlpool, water bed meditation room and relaxation room
- fitness room
- extra charge for massage and use of solarium
- lift to all floors
- ski room with allocated lockers for every room which includes heating facilities for boots and equipment
- extra charge for laundry service
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad, starter and cheese buffets
- weekly speciality dinner
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
- children's menu
- vegetarian options
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
There is an extra charge for infants aged up to two years.
When you arrive in Obergurgl, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to the Hotel Enzian.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy