The Hotel Alpin has been a bit of a family favourite for years. And there are plenty of reasons why.
The location is fantastic - situated opposite Scheffau's baroque church at the foot of the Wilder Kaiser mountains. Under normal conditions you can ski from almost outside the Alpin, right down to the Bergbahn gondola. If the snow is a little more sparse in the village then the ski bus stops right in front of the hotel too - to save the legs for the mountains.
Once back at the hotel tuck into the après ski buffet for a delicious sweet or savoury treat. Highly recommended for the kids is the indoor swimming pool. For adults - there's the wellness area with sauna and steam bath.
Scheffau is fairly quiet in the evenings, so there's a good chance you'll spend a few evenings relaxing back at the Alpin. So, to make sure you get the most value from your stay, you've got inclusive drinks from 6pm throughout dinner. Also there's a self service tea area (with microwave too) open 24/7 so you can help yourself to a cuppa whenever you fancy it.
Speaking of dinner, the food at the Alpin has a great reputation. Breakfast gives you a wide buffet selection, including bacon and eggs, cereals and fresh fruit. In the evenings you can eat in the excellent main dining room where you'll have a good mix of local and international flavours on the menu. Or book a table at the pizzeria - where the pizzas are both delicious and huge.
The Alpin is spread across two buildings - Alpin 1 and Alpin 2. The leisure facilities and main dining room are in Alpin 1, while the reception and the superior rooms are exclusively in Alpin 2.
- Large hotel with great variety of room types - perfect for families.
- Two buildings, both of 3* quality.
- Indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
- In-house pizzeria and inclusive beer, wine and soft drinks during dinner.
- central location
- ski bus stops in front of the hotel
- ski down to the Scheffau gondola (conditions permitting)
All bedrooms have a hairdryer, cable TV, free WiFi and are non-smoking.
- Small Double Room - sleeps 2: Small room with Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- Standard Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Standard Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Family Apartment - sleeps 4-5 (max 4 adults): Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, separate bedroom with either Austrian twin beds or bunk beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Superior Double Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, bunkbeds, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Superior Quad Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds and either extra sofa bed or bunk beds, private bath with shower attachment and WC. Some have balconies.
- Superior Triple Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- The dining room, swimming pool and Klassik rooms are located in Alpin 1.
- The reception, pizzeria and superior rooms are located in Alpin 2.
- free WiFi
- lounge with open fire place
- in-house pizzeria
- kitchenette with tea and coffee facilities and microwave (for children's food)
- indoor swimming pool
- sauna and steam room
- extra charge for massage
- coin-operated washing machine and dryer
- lift to all floors
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- après ski buffet with tea or coffee (Sunday-Friday 3.30-5pm)
- 4-course buffet evening meals with choice of main course
- optional evening meal at hotel's pizzeria - 5 times per week (reserve day/table at start of holiday)
- weekly farmers' buffet and Italian buffet
- special Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve buffets included
- unlimited beer, wine or soft drinks during dinner.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy