Ski Esprit are the market leaders in family skiing holidays. Our history with Ski Esprit goes bank to our days as a Teletext agent way before the internet was available Ski Line were Ski Esprits first agent and are now their largest agent.
Today Ski Esprit is a sister company to Ski Total and Inghams and between them they are one of the largest ski businesses in the UK. Esprit are ATOL bonded and package their holidays from several of the most popular airports around the UK. As family specialists if you are planning on travelling during the school holidays, it’s essential that you book early.
Ski Esprit offer chalets in Europe’s most popular ski resorts, but all have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of families. With this in mind the distance to the nearest lift and Ski School meeting point are important factors. Many of their chalets have larger bedrooms capable of taking extra beds or cots for babies. Ski Esprit will not accept bookings from adult groups travelling without children.
Ski Esprit’s key strength is its child care, where they are able to take care of babies from 4 to 23 months, all the nannies are NNEB or equivalently trained, all are British and have been CRB checked, unlike their chalet staff counter parts, there is no late night drinking. These are dedicated child care specialists, committed to their jobs. Every resort offered by Ski Esprit has at least one chalet with an in-house crèche.
Once children are old enough to start skiing, Ski Esprit comes into its own with their own ski classes with limited numbers and even supervised lunches meaning parents can enjoy their own skiing in the knowledge that their children are being well cared for.
Ski Lines sales advisors have extensive knowledge of Ski Esprit’s holidays and child care, many of whom have experienced it first hand with their own children and will be happy to discuss the various options available.
Children’s evening meals for the under 13’s are served from 17:30, this allows for the parents to relax without children for their own evening meal. Some of Ski Esprits chalets will allow family dining, so if this is important to you please let us know.
In the evening whilst the parents are eating most of Ski Esprit’s chalets operate a Cocoa Club where children can take part in various activities under the constant supervision of the trained nannies.
Our view of Ski Esprit is that it offers and extremely well run option for families, exciting ski resorts and chalets that work for families and we are proud to act as their agents.
Spritelets · 3 – 4 years
– Half-day ski-play – a toddler’s introduction to the fun of skiing.
– Sub-divided into morning ski lessons for a range of different ski abilities and age group levels.Sprites Xtra · 6 – 12 years
– As above but including afternoon ski lessons as well as morning, for maximum time on the slopes!Sprite Guided Ski Fun · 6 – 12 years
– Afternoon guided free-skiing sessions for children ready to explore the mountains.Snowboard Tuition · 8 – 12 years
– Snowboarding lessons for children wanting something new, fun and different in the afternoons, selected resorts.Daytime Care
Nursery · 17 weeks – 40 months
– All day care with qualified Nursery staff.Snow Club · 3 – 8 years
– Action-packed half day activity club with our Snow Rangers, including lunch.Supervised Lunch · 3 – 12 years
– Children’s lunch with staff supervision 12-2pm.Esprit Evening Care
Mini Cocoa Club · 3 – 5 years
– 7.30-9.30pm – A quiet time for pre-bed stories and play in most resorts.Cocoa Club · 6 – 12 years
– Supervised evening club 7.30-10 pm.Cocoa Club Plus · 8 – 12 years
– Evening club including après ski.Baby Listening / Evening Patrol · 4 months & over
– Every night in all our Chalet Hotels and larger chalets, and in all properties on our staff’s one night off per week.
New for 16/17 season
New for the 2016/17 ski season with Ski Esprit is a Ski Chaperone Service launched for older children who have outgrown Esprit’s Sprite classes and are still attending a local ski school. Esprit staff will provide parents with more slope time by accompanying their children to the ski school meeting point and collecting them at the end of the day. The new service will cost from £69 per child for five days. Please note this does not include the cost of the ski school).
There’ll also change to the Ski Esprit Family dining arrangements for children. Which for a long time has been controversial with parents and something we have been pushing Ski Esprit to change for years. Ski Esprit had always taken the view that parents would prefer to enjoy their evening meal without their children, this might have been very popular with the “children should be seen but not heard” brigade of parenting but for many parents a skiing holiday is a family activity and they wanted their children to share the dining experience with then So for the 2016/17 ski season in all of Esprit’s Chalet Hotels and Xtra Chalets children from 8 years old may now choose to join adults and older siblings at the adult dinner time.
This new family dinning arrangement is available in the following ski chalets and chalet hotels Chalet hotel Crystal 2000 in Courchevel 1850, Chalet hotel Alba in Meribel, Chalet hotel Le Savoie in Val d’Isere and the Ducs de Savoie in Val d’Isere.
Also new for 2016/17 ski season is the new Baby Welcome Pack which will include nappies, baby wipes, nappy sacks and other essential baby toiletries will also be available from £19 each.
Please Note – 2019/2020 Bookings
Please note that for 19/20 season bookings evening meals will now be served on 6 out of 7 nights.