The Perfect Destination For The Independent Skiers’ Apartment
4th April 2018
A self-catered, self-drive skiing holiday is a great way to keep your holiday costs down. A desire to save money needn’t mean a compromise on quality.
We recommend the 5* ski resort of Arcs 1950, it’s a one of a kind, car-free, ski in ski out village in one of the most popular ski areas in France, the Paradiski ski area and offers exceptional self-catered apartments. It’s a perfect choice for skiers who prefer to drive to the Alps.
The drive time is around 9 hours from Calais, don’t forget to ask about our Euro Tunnel crossing Flexi Plus deals. On arrival at Le Village in Arcs 1950, drivers are directed to the underground car park, where your car will stay through your stay.
The apartments called Arcs 1950 Le Village vary in size from the smallest, sleeping 2 persons up to a 4-bedroom apartment sleeping up to 10. The apartments are fully equipped for catering, but there are a couple of restaurants too, if you fancy a night off from cooking.
Arcs 1950 Self-catered apartments are perfect for families
If you are skiing as a family, Arcs 1950 is ideal, the traffic-free village is safe for children to play and has an excellent ski school based in the village. For family apes ski fun, the indoor swimming pool and spa are open daily and the ideal place to unwind after a days skiing.
Top tips for a successful apartment skiing holiday to Arcs 1950:
- Stock up your weekly provisions at one of the hypermarkets, not in the village spar shop, you will save a small fortune!
- Book early, especially for holidays over the peak weeks, apartments in Arcs 1950 sell out!
- Pre-book, ski lessons in advance, the ski school is very popular and places are limited!
- Upgrade your channel crossing to the Euro Tunnel Flexi plus. You can board the first available crossing, rather than having a set time, handy if the roads are clear and you arrive early, even handier if you are delayed and miss your scheduled crossing time.
- Pre-book your ski rental, our rates are much cheaper than if you simply rock up to rent!
- Try to avoid using sofa beds in the lounge area as beds if possible, if you can afford the extra, you will have a more enjoyable holiday, if nobody is sleeping in the lounge area.