Families would be hard pressed to find better self-catering accommodation in Åre. The Vargen Apartments are right next to the slopes of Åre Björnen – the best area for beginners and kids - so you've got a great view of the action. It only takes a couple of minutes to walk to the nearest drag lift and the ski school meeting point, depending which building you're staying in.
There are 20 buildings, each with six apartments. The apartments are privately owned so the small details may vary, but they're all spacious and homely, with simple décor and wooden furnishings. They each have a well equipped kitchen, complete with oven, dishwasher and fridge, so cooking is a breeze. Separate bedrooms give everyone a bit of privacy, and the balcony or terrace will help you make the most of those views. But the best bit might just be the private sauna – the perfect place to unwind at the end of the day.
The reception building and ski hire shop are a short downhill walk away, on the other side of the slope. It’s a 7km trip to Åre By, but you can easily take the ski bus there to explore the shops, bars and restaurants, or to stock up at the supermarket in the train station.
Please note: When booking in resort, cash payments are no longer accepted.
- Less than 1 minutes' walk to the nearest lift and ski school meet point.
- Private sauna in each apartment.
- In Åre Björnen
- Less than 1 minute's walk to the nearest lift and ski school meeting point
- 5-10 minutes' walk down to the reception building and ski hire shop
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- 7km to Åre By
All apartments have a kitchen with oven, hobs, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, toaster, kettle and coffee maker; bathroom with shower, WC and sauna; drying cupboard and balcony or terrace. Towels, linen and end-of-stay cleaning are included.
- Type D apartment - 49m² - sleeps 2-5: one bedroom with twin beds or double bed, one bedroom with bunk beds and living room with sofa bed.
- Ski storage outside each apartment
- Extra charge for WiFi (limited number of devices allowed)
Good to know
Linen is provided but beds are not made on arrival. You will need to make up the beds yourself.
The reception building is a short walk from the apartments. After you pick up your keys, you will need to walk 5-10 minutes uphill with your luggage.
There's no operator rep based in Åre, but support is available 24/7 by phone, email or Twitter.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy