Families would be hard pressed to find better self-catering accommodation in Åre. The Vargen Apartments are right next to the slopes of Åre Björnen – the best area for beginners and kids - so you've got a great view of the action. It only takes a couple of minutes to walk to the nearest drag lift and the ski school meeting point, depending which building you're staying in.
There are 20 buildings, each with six apartments. The apartments are privately owned so the small details may vary, but they're all spacious and homely, with simple décor and wooden furnishings. They each have a well equipped kitchen, complete with oven, dishwasher and fridge, so cooking is a breeze. Separate bedrooms give everyone a bit of privacy, and the balcony or terrace will help you make the most of those views. But the best bit might just be the private sauna – the perfect place to unwind at the end of the day.
The reception building and ski hire shop are a short downhill walk away, on the other side of the slope. It’s a 7km trip to Åre By, but you can easily take the ski bus there to explore the shops, bars and restaurants, or to stock up at the supermarket in the train station.
Please note: When booking in resort, cash payments are no longer accepted.
- Less than 1 minutes' walk to the nearest lift and ski school meet point.
- Private sauna in each apartment.
- In Åre Björnen
- Less than 1 minute's walk to the nearest lift and ski school meeting point
- 5-10 minutes' walk down to the reception building and ski hire shop
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- 7km to Åre By
All apartments have a kitchen with oven, hobs, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, toaster, kettle and coffee maker; bathroom with shower, WC and sauna; drying cupboard and balcony or terrace. Towels, linen and end-of-stay cleaning are included.
- Type D apartment - 49m² - sleeps 2-5: one bedroom with twin beds or double bed, one bedroom with bunk beds and living room with sofa bed.
- Ski storage outside each apartment
- Extra charge for WiFi (limited number of devices allowed)
Good to know
Linen is provided but beds are not made on arrival. You will need to make up the beds yourself.
The reception building is a short walk from the apartments. After you pick up your keys, you will need to walk 5-10 minutes uphill with your luggage.
There's no operator rep based in Åre, but support is available 24/7 by phone, email or Twitter.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy