You can’t get closer to the slopes in Åre than at the Hotel Fjällgården. It’s right on the mountain above the resort centre, so you’ve got ski-in, ski-out access on red and blue runs. The Fjällgårdsexpressen chairlift is less than a minute away, and the historic Åre Bergbana funicular runs right from the hotel down to Åre Square.
At the hotel, contemporary Swedish simplicity mixes with a cosy lodge vibe. The rooms are decorated in neutral colours and have modern touches like free WiFi and luxury beds. The bar and restaurant area, meanwhile, is comfortable and snug, with an open fireplace.
This area is taken over most afternoons as skiers pack in to listen to live music during the Fjällgården’s popular après events. A couple of hours later, it’s been magically transformed back again, ready for guests to enjoy a peaceful dinner of excellent Swedish cuisine.
If you prefer to relax after a day on the slopes, you can spend some time in the spa, which has saunas, steam rooms and two whirlpools – one indoor, one outdoor.
Please note: When booking in resort, cash payments are no longer accepted.
- Ski-in, ski-out hotel on the mountain.
- Live music, bar and restaurant.
- Saunas, steam rooms and indoor and outdoor whirlpools
- Åre Bergbana funicular runs from the hotel to the resort centre every 20 minutes
- 7 minutes to the resort centre on the funicular
- 10 minutes' walk to the ski school and nursery slopes
- 5 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop and train station
All rooms have a flatscreen TV, free WiFi and hairdryer. Bathrobes and slippers are also available in deluxe twin rooms.
- Small twin room - sleeps 2: twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Deluxe twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): twin beds, double sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- sun terrace
- après-ski with live music
- wellness area with two saunas, two steam rooms, two whirlpools and relaxation area
- extra charge for treatments
- ski lockers and heated boot rack
- one lift
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- à la carte evening meals
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala meals included
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy