If facilities are just as important to you as location, then the Holiday Club is a tempting choice. There’s enough entertainment onsite that you might even be hard pushed to make it to the slopes.
When you do manage to get yourself out the door though, you won’t have far to go. It’s jaround 5-10 minutes’ walk uphill to the centre of the village, where the nearest lift is located. There’s also a bus stop just 2 minutes’ walk away so you don’t have to worry about making the climb in ski boots.
Back at the hotel, there’s pretty much everything you could think of. A real highlight is the adventure pool complex, which has eight pools, plus two hot tubs, a waterfall and a waterslide. If you’re after a bit more relaxation, you can visit the Sauna World and experience not one but six saunas – including the incredible ice sauna – plus a steam room and relaxation area. There’s also a huge rooftop gym with floor-to-ceiling windows to make the most of those views.
As well as the amazing aquatic features, the hotel has recently introduced its Active Inclusive concept - guests at the hotel can enjoy free activities like snowshoe walking, family yoga, bonfire games, stand-up paddleboarding and so much more for no extra charge. You'll sleep well, that's for sure.
Looking for some more lively entertainment? Head to O’Leary's sports bar, one of the best in town, which has a bowling alley and a 9-hole mini golf course, plus big screen TVs showing the latest sports. Meals are taken in the contemporary Grow restaurant, which offers seasonal, healthy and nutritious family-style dinners.
Please note: When booking in resort, cash payments are no longer accepted.
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop.
- Adventure pool complex with eight pools and waterslide.
- Active Inclusive – free activities like snowshoe hire, yoga and guided skiing.
- Grow restaurant and bar, and O'Leary's sports bar with bowling and mini golf.
- on the lakeshore in Åre village
- 3 minutes' walk to resort centre
- 5-10 minutes' walk uphill to the resort centre and nearest lift
- connected by bridge to the train station
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop (outside train station)
- All rooms have a flatscreen TV, DVD player, coffee machine, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer and safe.
- Twin room - sleeps 2 (adults only): Austrian twin bed, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin bed, double pull-out sofa bed, private shower, WC and views over Åre and the mountains.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin bed, double pull-out sofa bed, private shower, WC and views over the lake.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin bed, double pull-out sofa bed, private bath, WC and views over the lake.
- adventure pool complex with five indoor pools, two kids' pools, one heated outdoor pool, two hot tubs, waterfall and 67m waterslide
- extra charge for Sauna World with six saunas, steam room and relaxation area
- extra charge for treatments large gym with lake views (open 6am - midnight)
- free sports activities such as jogging or yoga
- Arena sports hall with table tennis and basketball
- Active Inclusive activities including snowshoeing, yoga and ice fishing
- Grow restaurant
- Grow lobby bar and lounge with fireplace
- O'Leary's sports bar with bowling alley, 9-hole mini golf course, pool table and air hockey
- in-house ski shop
- ski room with lockers
- extra charge for hotel-run childcare (prebook the day before)
- laundry facilities
- free WiFi
- two lifts to all floors
- 244 rooms
- buffet breakfast
- 3-course set menu evening meals
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve meals included
Good to know
There's no Crystal rep based in Åre, but support is available 24/7 by phone, email or Twitter.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy