Chalet Hotel Le Savoie is a very special new addition to our Chalet Hotel collection, perfectly located right on the main street in Val d’Isère. It is just a 3 minute walk to the Solaise chairlift for access to the Solaise Peak at 2,560m and the Olympique cable-car going up to the Rocher de Bellevarde, for some lovely cruisy runs towards Tignes. The ski school meeting place is conveniently located near the Olympique lift, and the in-house ski hire outlet provides a welcome extra service for guests.
Savoie is run by English speaking hosts and staff, combining the relaxed, informal atmosphere of a ski chalet with the quality accommodation of this prestigious hotel. With its 5 diamond Platinum rating then extras such as fluffy bathrobes, towelling slippers and toiletries are included as standard.
The interior layout of the hotel is a welcome sight to any visitor upon arrival as the reception, lounge, bar and restaurant areas are all on the first floor, away from the hustle and bustle of the street. The interior decoration is beautiful with the use of stone and local wood in the communal areas, along with quality furnishings in warm, muted tones creating an ambience of charm and sophistication.
Chalet Hotel Le Savoie breakfast includes hot and cold options served from 7.30 to 10am each day. Cooked options are prepared to order and there is a full continental buffet, a choice of fruit juices, cereals, porridge, a plentiful selection of pastries, cold meats, cheese and preserves as well as fresh bread and freshly brewed coffee or tea.
At the end of the ski day, the afternoon tea buffet includes a selection of home-made cakes, soup, fresh bread and a choice of savouries as well as plenty of tea and coffee.
Evening meals are served between 7.30 and 9.30pm and commence with apéritifs and canapés served at the table, followed by an enhanced choice of menu. As with all Chalet Hotels, we ask you to pre-order these choices in the morning. There is also a generous or extensive cheese buffet, followed by coffee and chocolates. Evening meals are served 6 nights a week leaving you free to sample a local restaurant on the 7th night. Special diets can be catered for as with other Chalet Hotels with this operator at a supplement and if booked in advance. Please discuss this with our reservations team at the time of booking.
Unlimited wine is included with dinner and there is a selection of quality red, white and rose wines. Le Savoie also has a separate wine list so alternative wines can be purchased if desired for any special occasions.
There are also special celebration menus over the Christmas Festive period. A full traditional Christmas Dinner is included on the evening of the 25th with turkey and Christmas pudding. A special Gala Dinner is held on New Year’s Eve, ready to welcome in 2016.
There is a great choice of delightful bedrooms which all have double/ twin beds, satellite TV and many also have balcony. All the rooms are generous in size and have well-appointed bathrooms, all with bath and separate wc. Many rooms combine together with a lounge area with double sofa-bed to make up a suite or even a super-suite sleeping up to 12, ideal for families or groups of friends.
The restaurant has conservatory style windows offering a lovely atmosphere and there is also a bar with a snug and a lounge area with comfy sofas, plenty of cushions and a warming fire.
The spa area is on the ground floor and offers a fabulous area in which to relax after a day on the slopes. There is a small indoor pool, two whirlpools, two saunas, a steam room and a relaxation area. The blue and silver stylish decoration provides a delightful backdrop in this area. There are also beauty rooms and massages and beauty treatments can be enjoyed and paid for locally.
Children are welcome in Chalet Hotel Le Savoie all season and the suites make ideal room choices with separate sleeping areas. High Tea is provided for children under 13 years although family dining can be organised with the payment of a small supplement (if the child has received a child reduction). For guests with babies, cots will fit in all rooms and high chairs are provided. Baby sitters can also be arranged locally. Please note that a different rate of child reductions apply to our standard child reductions.
Entrance, stairs to reception, lifts to all floors, Spa area (see full facilities in description)
Reception, restaurant, bar and lounge area
- Room 201: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 202A: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 202B: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 203: Classique with Balcony – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 204: Savoie Suite – Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with double sofa-bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 205: Deluxe – Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa-bed
- Room 206: Deluxe – Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa-bed
- Room 301: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 302A: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 302B: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 303: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 304: Savoie Suite – Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with double sofa-bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 305: Deluxe – Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa-bed
- Room 306: Deluxe – Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa-bed
- Room 401: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 402A: Classique with Balcony – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 402B: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 403: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 404: Savoie Suite – Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with double sofa-bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 405: Deluxe – Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa-bed
- Room 406: Deluxe – Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa-bed
- Room 501: Classique – Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 502A: Deluxe Mezzanine with Balcony – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony & mezzanine with small double bed or sofa-bed (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children aged 11 or under)
- Room 502B: Deluxe Mezzanine – Twin/double with bath/wc & mezzanine with small double bed or sofa-bed (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children aged 11 or under)
- Room 503: Classique with Balcony – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 504: Savoie Suite – Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with double sofa-bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 505: Deluxe Mezzanine with Balcony – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony & mezzanine with small double bed or sofa-bed (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children aged 11 or under)
- Room 506: Deluxe Mezzanine with Balcony – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony & mezzanine with small double bed or sofa-bed (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children aged 11 or under)
- Room 601: Solaise Suite – Twin/double with bath/wc and separate lounge with double sofa-bed and balcony
- Room 601A: Deluxe – Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa-bed
- Room 601B: Classique with Balcony – Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 202A&B, 302A&B, 402A&B – Each pair of these room can connect via an adjoining lounge with double sofa-bed and balcony, to make a suite if so desired for 6 people, with 3 separate sleeping areas / 2 bathrooms. These pairs can then also connect via a private hallway to Rooms 201 / 301 / 401 to create a 4-roomed super-suite for 8.
- Room 203 & Suite 204, 303 & 304, 403 & 404, 503 & 504 – Each pair can be joined via a private hallway to make a 3-roomed suite for 6.
- Rooms 502A & 502B – These 2 rooms can connect via an adjoining lounge with double sofa-bed and balcony to make a larger suite for up to 10. These rooms can also connect via a private hallway with Room 501 to create a 4-roomed super-suite for up to 12.
- Penthouse Suite (Suite 601 & Rooms 601A & 601B) – These rooms and suite, all opening off a separate lounge to make the spacious 180 sqm. ‘Penthouse Suite’ for up to 9 guests.
- Supplements per person per night: Classique or Deluxe room with balcony £5; 2 sharing either a Deluxe or Deluxe Mezzanine room £5; Solaise Suite £10
- Floor plans are for guidance only and may not be to scale
- Superb location in the centre of Val d’Isère, just 3 minutes’ walk (300m) to the main ski lifts and ski school meeting place
- Exclusive transfers between Le Savoie and the airport
- Choice of bedrooms and suites, all with en suite bath and separate WC, satellite TV and many with balcony
- Flexible suites, ideal for groups and families
- Attractive restaurant
- Residents’ bar with snug and separate lounge with fireplace
- Spa area with pool, two whirlpool hot tubs, two saunas and a steam room
- Massage and beauty treatments available (pay locally)
- FREE Wi-Fi
- In-house ski hire
- Substantial breakfast with a choice of cooked and continental options
- Afternoon tea served every day with a selection of cakes and savouries
- 5-course dinners with a choice of menu including apéritif, quality wines, coffee and chocolates (6 nights a week)
Smoked Salmon and Devilled Avocado Cornetto
Beaufort Rarebit with Sweet Onion Pickle
Crayfish Ceviche with Sushi Vinegar
Caramelised Scallops, Teriyaki Pork Belly and Cauliflower Purée
Spinach and Feta Panko Cakes, Cucumber and Chilli Salsa and Coriander Cream
Courgette and Dill Vichyssoise with Tempura Oysters
Cod Fillet with Cod Cheek, Black Pudding Ravioli and Pea Foam
Roast Rack of Lamb with Thyme and Red Wine Jus, Parsnip Crisps and Mint
Pan-seared Venison, Wild Mushroom Velouté, Sage Crisps and Pommes Purée
Tofu Satay, Sweet Potato Doughnuts served with Chargrilled Aubergine and Lime Crème Fraiche
Hot Chocolate Soufflé with Hazelnut Cream
Tartelette Frangipane with Roasted Pears and Sticky Caramel Sauce
Baileys and White Chocolate Torte, White Chocolate Shards and Coffee Soil
Regional Cheese Selection with Choice of Chutneys
Chocolate Truffle Selection and Coffee of Choice
Ski Line offers the widest choice of ski chalet holidays with more than 1000 different catered chalets to choose from.
BreakfastA good breakfast is essential on a ski holiday, so they provide both a hot option, as well as a continental selection with a choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, plentiful tea, coffee and bread (and croissants in France), cold meats, cheese and preserves, which is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. On their staff’s day off, only the continental breakfast will be provided.
Piste PicnicsTheir Chalet Hotels can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge. For skiers keen to keep their Euro-spending to an absolute minimum, this is the ideal way to keep your costs down!
Afternoon TeaThe traditional ‘welcome home’ after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff’s day off. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children’s High TeaFamilies staying in a Chalet Hotels may choose to eat separately (High Tea at 5:30pm) or all dine together at the later adult dinner time if children who have received a child discount pay the meal upgrade charge of £39 at the time of booking only.
DinnerThey offer their Chalet Hotel dinners six nights per week which include three courses, some of which offer a choice of menu at the buffet including a vegetarian option for each course. The one staff day off gives you a fantastic opportunity to experience some local restaurants and cuisine, speak to your resort representative for recommendations and help with reservations.
Vegetarian and Special DietsVegetarian options are always on their buffet menu in their Chalet Hotels – just advise us at time of bookings so that they can ensure that their staff can prepare. Other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost of £35 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared. Their Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas and New YearChalet Hotels will serve a traditional Christmas dinner with a glass of Champagne to start off the evening. This will include roast turkey with all of the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers and party hats plus a fantastic Alpine atmosphere in which to enjoy the day. A special festive menu will also be served on New Year’s Eve, alongside the added bonus that many resorts put on fantastic firework displays. A glass of fizz, whilst watching fireworks over the snow-capped peaks of the Alps.. what better way to bring in the New Year!
Their Quality WinesThey are very proud of their wine selection, which combines crisp and fruity whites with medium to full-bodied reds, for a variety of palates. In their Chalet Hotels, they also offer an additional light fresh rosé to their guests’ choice. They select their wines in conjunction with their good friends Nicolas and Véronique – the third generation in the Perret family’s fine wine business based in the Savoie. Nicolas is a qualified wine expert, having trained at the prestigious Burgundy Wine University in Beaune. Each season in October, Nicolas & Véronique bring over a new selection for us to sample (someone has to do it!) and together they choose their wines for the coming season, based on their menus and their pure enjoyment factor. Wine is an incredibly subjective and emotive subject, however, the feedback they have received from their guests over recent seasons endorses their aims of providing wines to enhance your meal and to suit most tastes. They hope you will enjoy them as much as they do!
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy