Welcome to our very own boutique catered chalet located in the beautiful Valley de la Manche in Morzine. Chalet Foret D’Argent is named after the silver birch tree forest it backs onto, making this one of the most unique and idyllic locations in the area. Recently officially awarded a 5-star rating by the resort of Morzine, we can guarantee this is a chalet with a serious dose of the "wow" factor.
Chalet Foret D’ Argent is a very spacious chalet with a contemporary design by the prestigious local architect Hervé Marullaz, who designed the chalet to maximise its location being both within the forest and close to the River Dranse.
This 5 bedroom chalet is a stunning stylish retreat. Its interior is designed over 6-floor levels and it has a wonderful large glass roof as its stunning centrepiece, it feels like you are in a relaxing hideout with a sprinkling of classic contemporary chalet chic. What makes this detached chalet truly special though is the sound of the river heard flowing throughout every room in the chalet when you open the windows to look onto the forest and mountains.
Chalet Foret D’Argent lets you escape into its tranquil surroundings so you can retreat and chill or explore everything the vibrant town of Morzine can offer you. For skiing, we are located only a 2-minute drive in our shuttle service or you walk to the Nyon cable car in only 5 minutes.
Sleeping ten adults and up to two children, the chalet benefits from a superb master suite with a private lounge on the top floor and four generous bedrooms on the lower ground floors. All bedrooms have big luxury en-suite bathrooms complete with rainforest showers and luxury bathroom products. The chalet has several entertaining areas to keep everyone happy. As you enter Chalet Foret D’Argent you are greeted with the focal point which is its huge glass atrium running through the centre of the chalet drawing light into the spaces across different levels and combined with the floor to ceiling windows it creates a balanced, calming feel where the outside is drawn in.
Leading from the glass atrium, the sheer size of the living and dining areas comes into view. The open plan lounge is centred around a feature fireplace and surrounded by big comfortable sofas. This opens up into another level which has a huge open kitchen and dining room with a large oak dining table which looks out over the large balcony with beautiful views of the forest and mountains. The fabulous bar with pool table opens out onto a glass mezzanine with glass ceiling making this a great space to socialise. The snug area has large comfortable sofas to watch your favourite films or television programmes.
There is an outdoor sauna located in the converted original Mazot that was on the land and there is a large outdoor hot tub complete with Bluetooth speakers next to the river so you can make the most of this tranquil location and stunning views. Please note that there are facilities to accept 2 extra children in the chalet please ask for details.
Ground Floor - Upper Level
- Large entrance hall with a unique, amazing glass atrium
- Ski Room with heated boot and glove warmers
- A large, but cosy lounge with comfortable sofas that surround a double-sided feature fireplace
- Balcony from the lounge overlooking the forest and mountain
Ground Floor - Lower Level
- Large luxury open plan kitchen with a breakfast bar with stools where you can watch our staff prepare your meals
- Dining area with large oak table. This area has amazing picture windows and leads onto a balcony that has great views of the forest and mountains. Weather permitting sit on the outdoor furniture and enjoy a drink whilst taking in the peace and tranquillity of the area
Upper Level - Mid
- A "Snug" with comfortable sofas and a large flat screen smart TV, here there is a mixture of wooden and glass floors overlooking the dining area with a surrounding glass balustrade
- Bar and games room with a pool table. This area has incredible views of the Pointe de Nyon and the slopes of Morzine and its a great place to watch the stars at night thanks to its large glass atrium
- Bedroom 5 - A very large Master Bedroom which is entered via a glass walkway. This can be made up as a Super King or twin bedded room and it has a private lounge with a sofa and TV. There is a large bathroom with feature freestanding bath, large walk-in rainforest shower, double sinks and of course a heated towel rail. There are private balconies to two sides with far-reaching mountain and forest views. Note an additional bed can be made available in this room for children under 12
- Study area with a desk with amazing views
Lower Ground Floor 1
- Bedroom 1 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk-in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail and has access to a terrace. Note an additional bed can be made available in this room for children under 12
- Bedroom 2 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk-in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail and has access to a terrace
Lower Ground Floor 2
- Bedroom 3 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk-in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 4 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with a smart TV and large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk-in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail. Note an additional bed can be made available in this room for children under 12
- Private Grounds surrounding the chalet
- A bespoke unique sauna built inside the original Mazot. The sauna has an amazing window looking directly onto the forest
- Large outdoor hot tub with Bluetooth speakers which has fabulous views of the river, forest and mountains.
- Plenty of private parking
- 10 guests
- 5 large Bedrooms with Super King/Twin beds
- 5 Luxury En-suite bathrooms
- A stunning central feature fireplace
- Outdoor hot tub
- Outside sauna located in the old Mazot
- UK & Smart TV's in 2 bedrooms and the TV room
- WiFi throughout the building
- Large and spacious chalet in a very private location
- Snug with TV
- Bar and pool table
- Ski Room with heated boot warmers
- Large terraces and balconies
- BOSE sound system
- Private parking
- Large master suite with own private lounge
- Close to the Nyon Cablecar
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a 2-person room, either set up as a twin or king-size double.
- Shared transfers from Geneva airport when booking the whole chalet or shared transfers if booking on a room by room basis
- Champagne, Vin Chaud and canapés served on arrival (or a night that you choose if your arrival is late)
- A-la-carte cooked breakfast 4 days out of 7, as well as a continental breakfast consisting of fresh croissants, baguettes, cereals, porridge or fruit salad. Self-service continental breakfast served on 3 mornings
- Wake-up drinks brought to your bedside
- Afternoon tea waiting for you on 6 days with homemade cakes/biscuits, baguettes, jams, coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Pre-dinner aperitif together with Canapés followed by a delicious 4-course evening meal on 6 nights, which includes a cheese board with port. On one evening the staff have a night off which gives you the opportunity to try one of the local restaurants
- Children’s early supper served on 6 evenings (if required)
- Unlimited house wine with a selection of carefully selected premium wines paired with your evening menu
- Complimentary beer and soft drinks
- Spirits and Artisan beers available at extra cost if required
- On the final night, Prosecco will be served with your canapés
- Following dinner, there will be coffee, a selection of teas & chocolates
- We can cater for most dietary requirements as long as we know in advance, simply inform us at time of booking there is no charge for most dietary requirements e.g. gluten-free, vegan etc.
- Use of the hot tub and sauna
- Towels and robes with mid-week towel change
- Daily chalet housekeeping - communal areas every day (except day off) and bedrooms on 4 days of the week
- Luxury bathroom products from the Bath House
- Use of English Satellite TV, WiFi, DVD library and board games
- Private chauffeur service to the slopes and back between 8.30 am to 10am and 3.30pm to 7 pm (not available on changeover day)
- Concierge service including
- Arranging ski passes
- Arranging in chalet equipment rental
- Restaurant booking on staff days off
- In chalet massages with our partner Massage Me
- There are no child discounts or single room discounts for this chalet
- A security deposit of £2,000 per booking will be required to be paid for this chalet and will be returned at the end of the holiday as long as there is no damage
- Bedroom 5 is charged at £200pp extra for individual room bookings but is charged at the lower rate for whole chalet bookings
- The deposit for this chalet is 25% of the total cost
- If adding extra children this is only available on whole chalet bookings and the cost is 60% of the adult price per person. Only 2 additional children will be accepted
2019/2020 Season Bookings - Please Note
Please note that for 19/20 season return shared airport transfers to/from Geneva are included (please contact us for times of the transfers). These can also be upgraded to private transfers if you wish at an additional supplement.
Please see our catering section above for more information on catering in this chalet.
The operator of this chalet is a small company with a big wish: for you to enjoy an amazing ski holiday. So put your feet up and let them look after you, taking care of all the cooking and cleaning so you can make the most of your precious time. During your stay in one of their catered chalets we will serve you hearty breakfasts on 4 days of your stay and self-service on three days; tasty home-made cake for afternoon tea and a delicious evening meal each evening for six nights of your stay, all complimented with unlimited bottled wine.
As skiers ourselves, we know how important breakfast is to set you up for a good day on the mountain so on the 4 days where a cooked breakfast is provided you can take your pick from porridge and eggs cooked to order, French bread, preserves, croissants, yoghurt, muesli, cereals and a differing cooked option which includes sausages and bacon, fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs with lardons, all served alongside fruit juice and freshly brewed coffee or our specially imported Yorkshire tea. On our self-service days, there is a good selection to choose from including cereals, bread, ham and cheese etc.
It’s a favourite chalet tradition, coming back to your chalet at the end of a hard day on the piste to a freshly baked cake along with tea and coffee.
Our menu is freshly prepared to create delicious wholesome dishes that may range from local mountain favourites such as a traditional rich boeuf bourguignon to Loin of pork with caramelised apple and cider all served with delicious accompaniments and seasonal vegetables. We finish with scrumptious desserts such as a classic warming apple crumble or a melt in your mouth chocolate fondant. All of our food is complemented with a choice of handpicked wines supplied by our wine merchant Le Verre Gourmand and finally, we round off the evening with freshly brewed coffee and tea.
Your host will serve our house wine throughout the meal which we have specially chosen to accompany the dishes on our menu. We have a good selection of white and red wines based on our pre-season wine tastings which we do every year plus feedback that we receive each year from our guests. In addition, you may upgrade to our premium/luxury selection of wine by purchasing them by the case before your holiday, please see our extras section for more details and selection available.
We are always happy to provide an earlier evening meal of family favourites, for our younger guests, just let us know their likes and dislikes and we will do the rest.
If you have any particular dietary requirements please talk to us beforehand so we can do our best to get things just how you like it. We are able to source some ingredients for you as long as we know beforehand. Vegetarian options are available on our normal chalet menus and there is no charge for this.
We can cater for other special diets such a vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, specific food allergies. Etc. There will be a charge of £50 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared. Due to our delivery service for food, it does mean that we cannot cater for any special diets that have not been notified to us at least 2 weeks before arrival.
Staff Day off
In order to comply with all legal regulations in France and the EU all of our chalet staff have one full day off during your stay together with two half-days off. On their days off breakfast is provided for you and it will be all laid out the night before so it will be help yourself. In the evening of the full day off, it’s a great chance to try out one of the local restaurants; your chalet host will know all the good ones and will be pleased to make a reservation for you.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy