Welcome to our very own boutique catered chalet located in the beautiful Valley de la Manche in Morzine. Chalet Foret D’Argent is named after the silver birch tree forest it backs onto, making this one of the most unique and idyllic locations in the area. Recently officially awarded a 5 star rating by the resort of Morzine, we can guarantee this is a chalet with a serious dose of the "wow" factor.
Chalet Foret D’ Argent is a very spacious chalet with a contemporary design by the prestigious local architect Hervé Marullaz, who designed the chalet to maximise its location being both within the forest and close to the River Dranse.
This 5 bedroomed chalet is a stunning stylish retreat. Its interior is designed over 6-floor levels and it has a wonderful large glass roof as its stunning centrepiece, it feels like you are in a relaxing hideout with a sprinkling of classic contemporary chalet chic. What makes this detached chalet truly special though is the sound of the river heard flowing throughout every room in the chalet when you open the windows to look onto the forest and mountains.
Chalet Foret D’Argent lets you escape into its tranquil surroundings so you can retreat and chill or explore everything the vibrant town of Morzine can offer you. For skiing, we are located only a 2-minute drive in our shuttle service or you walk to the Nyon cable car in only 5 minutes.
Sleeping ten adults and up to two children, the chalet benefits from a superb master suite with a private lounge on the top floor and four generous bedrooms on the lower ground floors. All bedrooms are have big luxury en-suite bathrooms complete with rainforest showers and luxury bathroom products. The chalet has several entertaining areas to keep everyone happy. As you enter Chalet Foret D’Argent you are greeted with the focal point which is its huge glass atrium running though the centre of the chalet drawing light into the spaces across different levels and combined with the floor to ceiling windows it creates a balanced, calming feel where the outside is drawn in.
Leading from the glass atrium, the sheer size of the living and dining areas comes into view. The open plan lounge is centred around a feature fireplace and surrounded by big comfortable sofas. This opens up into another level which has the huge open kitchen and dining room with large oak dining table which looks out over the large balcony with beautiful views of the forest and mountains. The fabulous bar with pool table opens out onto a glass mezzanine with glass ceiling making this a great space to socialise. The snug area has large comfortable sofas to watch your favourite films or television programmes.
There is an outdoor sauna located in the converted original Mazot that was on the land and there is a large outdoor hot tub complete with Bluetooth speakers next to the river so you can make the most of this tranquil location and stunning views. Please note that there are facilities to accept 2 extra children in the chalet please ask for details.
- 10 guests
- 5 large Bedrooms with Super King/Twin beds
- 5 Luxury En-suite bathrooms
- A stunning central feature fireplace
- Outdoor hot tub
- Outside sauna located in the old Mazot
- UK & Smart TV's in 2 bedrooms and the TV room
- WiFi throughout the building
- Large and spacious chalet in a very private location
- Snug with TV
- Bar and pool table
- Ski Room with heated boot warmers
- Large terraces and balconies
- BOSE sound system
- Private parking
- Large master suite with own private lounge
- Close to the Nyon Cablecar
Food & Wine
During your stay we will serve you hearty breakfasts, tasty home-made cake for afternoon tea and a delicious three course evening meal each evening for six nights of your stay, all complimented with unlimited bottled wine.
Ground Floor - Upper Level
- Large entrance hall with a unique, amazing glass atrium
- Ski Room with heated boot and glove warmers
- A large, but cosy lounge with comfortable sofas that surround a double-sided feature fireplace
- Balcony from the lounge overlooking the forest and mountain
Ground Floor - Lower Level
- Large luxury open plan kitchen with a breakfast bar with stools where you can watch our staff prepare your meals
- Dining area with large oak table. This area has amazing picture windows and leads onto a balcony that has great views of the forest and mountains. Weather permitting sit on the outdoor furniture and enjoy a drink whilst taking in the peace and tranquillity of the area
Upper Level - Mid
- A "Snug" with comfortable sofas and a large flat screen smart TV, here there is a mixture of wooden and glass floors overlooking the dining area with a surrounding glass balustrade
- Bar and games room with a pool table. This area has incredible views of the Pointe de Nyon and the slopes of Morzine and its a great place to watch the stars at night thanks to its large glass atrium
- Bedroom 5 - A very large Master Bedroom which is entered via a glass walkway. This can be made up as a Super King or twin bedded room and it has a private lounge with a sofa and TV. There is a large bathroom with feature freestanding bath, large walk in rainforest shower, double sinks and of course a heated towel rail. There are private balconies to two sides with far-reaching mountain and forest views. Note: An additional bed can be made available in this room for children under 12
- Study area with desk with amazing views
Lower Ground Floor 1
- Bedroom 1 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail and has access to a terrace. Note an additional bed can be made available in this room for children under 12
- Bedroom 2 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail and has access to a terrace
Lower Ground Floor 2
- Bedroom 3 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk-in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 4 - A Super King / Twin bedroom with a smart TV and large picture windows overlooking the forest. It boasts a large bathroom that has a walk-in rainforest shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail. Note an additional bed can be made available in this room for children under 12
- Private Grounds surrounding the chalet
- A bespoke unique sauna built inside the original Mazot. The sauna has an amazing window looking directly onto the forest
- Large outdoor hot tub with bluetooth speakers which has fabulous views of the river, forest and mountains.
- Plenty of private parking.
The Experience at Foret D’Argent
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a 2-person room, either set up as a twin or king-size double.
- Prosecco, Vin Chaud and canapés served on arrival (or a night that you choose if your arrival is late)
- Cooked breakfast 5 days out of 7, as well as a continental breakfast consisting of fresh croissants, baguettes, cereals or porridge. Self-service continental breakfast served on 2 mornings
- Afternoon tea waiting for you on 7 days with homemade cakes/biscuits, baguettes, jams, coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Pre-dinner drink together with Canapés followed by a delicious 4-course evening meal on 6 nights, which includes a cheeseboard. On one evening the staff have a night off which gives you the opportunity to try one of the local restaurants
- Children’s early supper served on 6.30pm (if required)
- A selection of carefully selected wines paired with your evening menu
- Complimentary beer and soft drinks
- On the final night Prosecco will be served with your canapés
- Following dinner there will be coffee, a selection of teas & chocolates
- We can cater for most dietary requirements as long as we know in advance
- Use of the hot tub and sauna
- Towels and robes with mid-week towel change (excludes spa towel)
- Daily chalet housekeeping - communal areas every day (except day off) and bedrooms on 4 days of the week
- Luxury bathroom products
- Use of English Satellite TV, WiFi, DVD library and board games
- Driver service to the slopes and back between 08.30 am to 09.30 am and 4 pm to 7 pm (not available on changeover day and terms and conditions apply)
- Concierge service including
- Arranging ski passes
- Arranging in chalet equipment rental
- Restaurant booking on staff days off
- In chalet massages with our partner Massage Me
- There are no child discounts or single room discounts for this chalet
- A security deposit of £2000 per booking will be required to be paid for this chalet and will be returned at the end of the holiday as long as there is no damage
- Bedroom 5 is charged at £200pp extra for individual room bookings but is charged at the lower rate for whole chalet bookings
- The deposit for this chalet is 25% of the total cost
- If adding extra children this is only available on whole chalet bookings and the cost is 60% of the adult price per person. Only 2 additional children will be accepted
- If the chalet has been discounted substantially we reserve the right to alter the inclusions above to reflect the price paid
Please see our catering section below for more information on catering in this chalet.
This chalet can also be booked on a self-catered basis, please call us for pricing on 020 8313 3999.
Tax de Séjour
A tourist tax (Taxe de Sejour) is levied by local councils in European ski resorts to support the local tourism infrastructure.
This tax is not included in the price and will need to be paid when you pay your final balance.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
We’re sure that after a difficult period, a trip to the freedom and fresh air of the Alps will be particularly desirable for many. However, after the last two seasons of disruption cut short by the global coronavirus crisis, we understand that our guests will be thinking about their ski holiday with fresh concerns. The operator of this chalet have been working hard to ensure they can offer you exceptional booking protection and flexibility when you book with us for this season. They are pleased to announce their Covid19 Guarantee, an essential part of giving you the peace of mind you need to book a great ski holiday this season.
If the resort or country you are due to go to closes due to Covid 19 and/or if the UK Government (or the Government of the country you are travelling from) introduces a travel ban and/or there is travel advisory in place up to the day before you travel and the Government advises against all but essential travel due to Covid 19 (e.g. in the UK if the FCO advises against all but essential travel) and/or the country you are travelling to/from imposes a mandatory quarantine for more than 24 hours upon arrival for ALL guests that are booked on the holiday with us then you will receive a 100% refund (or credit note if the customer requests this) on the monies paid directly to this operator i.e. deposits, final payments or any extras you may have purchased directly from us. Note that official statements must have been published to announce these closures/restrictions.
Note: For all booking and final /other payments made from the 9th October 2020 onwards the 100% refund will only apply to payments made by bank transfer, for all card payments a full refund will be made less a 2% administration fee this is due to the fees we have to pay to the credit card company. All payments made to us are financially protected.
This guarantee is valid up to the day before travel however there will be no full or part refund should you decide to leave or cancel/curtail your holiday part way through your stay if the country you are travelling to or your home/return countries advice changes partway through your stay and you decide or are forced to leave once you have arrived in the resort or you do not travel/arrive on the expected day of your arrival.
The final payment date will be temporarily changed whilst there is a Covid 19 pandemic from 10 weeks before your holiday to 7 weeks before you holiday for all bookings made up to the 19th September 2021 and aftre this date the final payment reverts back to 10 weeks before your holiday. If payment in full has not been received by us by the due date, this operator will cancel the booking and retain the deposit paid and in this case no refund or credit note will be due.
Please note that this operator does not cover the costs of any Covid 19 tests that you may require to get into any of the countries that they operate in or if you have to have a test to get back into the UK. In addition, if you cannot travel/gain entry to a country as you have been declined or been unable to have a vaccination/double vaccination then this Covid 19 guarantee is not valid and no refunds will be due.
The location shall be deemed to be that of the main named person who booked the holiday and we cannot cover part refunds for individuals in the party who may be coming from different countries and it does not apply to part refunds for individuals in the group who may have to quarantine on arrival or may be declined entry to the country in which you are travelling to/from.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
The operator of this chalet is a small company with a big wish: for you to enjoy an amazing ski holiday. So put your feet up and let them look after you, taking care of all the cooking and cleaning so you can make the most of your precious time. During your stay in one of their catered chalets we will serve you hearty breakfasts on 4 days of your stay and self-service on three days; tasty home-made cake for afternoon tea and a delicious evening meal each evening for six nights of your stay, all complimented with unlimited bottled wine.
As skiers ourselves, we know how important breakfast is to set you up for a good day on the mountain so on the 5 days where a cooked breakfast is provided you can take your pick from porridge and eggs cooked to order, French bread, preserves, croissants, yoghurt, muesli, cereals and a differing cooked option which includes sausages and bacon, fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs with lardons, all served alongside fruit juice and freshly brewed coffee or our specially imported Yorkshire tea. On our self-service days there is a good selection to choose from including cereals, bread, ham and cheese etc.
It’s a favourite chalet tradition, coming back to your chalet at the end of a hard day on the piste to a freshly baked cake along with tea and coffee.
Our menu is freshly prepared to create delicious wholesome dishes that may range from local mountain favourites such as a traditional rich boeuf bourguignon to Loin of pork with caramelised apple and cider all served with delicious accompaniments and seasonal vegetables. We finish with scrumptious desserts such as a classic warming apple crumble or a melt in your mouth chocolate fondant. All of our food is complemented with a choice of handpicked wines supplied by our wine merchant Le Verre Gourmand and finally, we round off the evening with freshly brewed coffee and tea.
Your host will serve our house wine throughout the meal which we have specially chosen to accompany the dishes on our menu. We have a good selection of white and red wines based on our pre-season wine tastings which we do every year plus feedback that we receive each year from our guests. In addition, you may upgrade to our premium/luxury selection of wine by purchasing them by the case before your holiday, please see our extras section for more details and selection available.
We are always happy to provide an earlier evening meal of family favourites, for our younger guests, just let us know their likes and dislikes and we will do the rest.
If you have any particular dietary requirements please talk to us beforehand so we can do our best to get things just how you like it. We are able to source some ingredients for you as long as we know beforehand. Vegetarian options are available on our normal chalet menus and there is no charge for this.
We can cater for other special diets such a vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, specific food allergies. Etc. There will be a charge of £50 per person per week. Any dietary requirements must be advised to us at the time of booking in order for us to be fully prepared. Due to our delivery service for food, it does mean that we cannot cater for any special diets that have not been notified to us at least 2 weeks before arrival.
Staff Day off
In order to comply with all legal regulations in France and the EU all of our chalet staff have one full day off during your stay together with one half day off. On their days off breakfast is provided for you and it will be all laid out the night before so it will be help yourself. In the evening of the full day off it’s a great chance to try out one of the local restaurants; your chalet host will know all the good ones and will be pleased to make a reservation for you.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy