This attractive Chalet Alpenblume (all interiors upgrade for 2013/14 season) is now a firm favourite with families. Its location is absolutely ideal, being close not only to our popular Chalet Verwall, which houses the resort’s Snow Club, but within a mere minute or two’s walk of the nearest piste and the main Festkogel gondola-lift, giving speedy access up into the heart of the Obergurgl ski area.
**Please note this is a family orientated property and the operator will not take bookings for adult only groups**
The original chalet building houses the majority of the bedrooms and two suites, all of which has been refurbished over the summer in light woods and warm colours and all with their own private en suite facilities and TVs. The chalet’s new wing, internally linked, includes the owner’s private apartment and three modern guest apartments, offering ideal spacious family accommodation. Each has a downstairs lounge, with the bedrooms above, reached by an internal staircase.
The chalet Alpenblume main building also offers traditional Austrian style communal areas, including an entrance lobby with reception desk, a small lounge with a log fireplace and an additional cosy ‘snug’ lounge. The dining-room (possibly a touch tight at breakfast if all families attend at once!) is delightfully clad in Tyrolean knotty-pine panelling, and its charm and ambience lends itself to convivial dinners with good wine, tasty food and lively conversation.
- Only approx. 1 minute from nearest piste (120m)
- Main Festkogel gondola approx 3-4 minutes walk (350m)
- ‘Boboland’ children’s ski area and ski-school meeting-point just 2 minutes walk away (200m)- Village centre approx. 5 minutes walk (500m)
- Family rooms and suites available
- Sauna & small relaxation area
- Charming dining-room and separate lounge with fireplace and free Wifi
- All bedrooms & suites with private shower/wc/TV, and most with balcony
- Substantial breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s high tea and 4-course evening meals with complimentary wine and – coffee
- FREE Baby-Listening/Child Patrol from 7.30-10.30pm
Lower Ground Floor
- Ski and boot-room, sauna, small relaxation area with loungers and showers
- Entrance, reception area, small lounge with open fireplace, separate ‘snug’ lounge, dining-room, kitchen, Nursery
- Rooms 103 & 104 – Sleeps 4-5 – Triple bedroom (Austrian twin and single sofa-bed) with balcony, shower/wc and adjacent Austrian twin bedroom with shower/wc. (Cot in triple if sofabed not in use)
- Rooms 105 & 108 – Sleeps 4 – Two separate Austrian twin bedrooms opposite each other, both with shower/wc and one with balcony. (No cots)
- Room 107 – Sleeps 2-3 – Triple bedroom (Austrian twin and single sofa-bed) with balcony & shower/wc (Cot ok if sofabed not in use)
- Suite 106 – Sleeps 4 – Austrian twin bedroom connecting to a separate room with a double sbed, kitchenette area, shower/wc/balcony (Squashed cot or ok if sofabed not in use)
- Rooms 203 & 204 – Sleeps 4-5 – Triple bedroom Austrian twin plus single sofa-bed with shower/wc/balcony
- Rooms 205 & 208 – Sleeps 4 – Two separate Austrian twin bedrooms opposite each other, both with shower/wc and one with balcony. (No cots)
- Room 207 – Sleeps 2-3 – Triple bedroom Austrian twin and single sofa-bed with balcony & shower/wc (Cot ok if sofabed not in use)
- Suite 206 – Sleeps 4 – Austrian twin bedroom connecting to a separate room with a double sbed, kitchenette area, shower/wc/balcony (Squashed cot or ok if sofabed not in use)
Second Floor (New Wing)
Suite 302, 303 & 304 – Sleeps 4-6 – Two Austrian twin bedrooms, kitchenette area and separate lounge with double sofa-bed, TV and balcony, sharing en suite bath/shower/wc
The ‘pairs’ of rooms shown are adjacent to each other, but are not interconnecting. All rooms and suites will take a cot. Supplements per person per night: Rooms with shower/wc/balcony £2.95; Suites 18 & 19 with shower/wc/balcony £3.95
Xtra Chalet Meals
Blending both the chalet and Chalet Hotel full-service the Xtra chalet range feature the same number of courses as this operator’s Chalet Hotels but without the choices at each course. All the same, they will be offering a daily choice of dessert or cheese option to round off your dinner.
Adult Dinner in Xtra Chalets
In the two ‘Xtra Chalets’ – the Alpenblume and Pepi Gabl, their normal chalet menu as described is enhanced by the option between a cheeseboard and dessert, and a rosé wine is added to the usual choice of reds and whites.
Adult Only Groups
This chalet only accepts groups with children and does not accept adult only bookings.
- Free places for babies and toddlers
- Half price Esprit Nursery places
- Half price Esprit Spritelets Ski Lessons & Snow Club - when booked together
- Reduced empty bed charges - treat yourselves to the extra space of a larger room or suite and pay just £150 for the first empty bed compared to the standard charge.
- FREE children’s equipment when parents pre-book Red or Black ski/poles/boots.
- FREE children’s helmets included with ski/boot hire
- FREE children’s lift passes available
Free Child PlacesFree child places/discounts available on selected dates. Click here for more details on free child places.
BreakfastIn all their properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans. On the staff day off, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all chalets.
Afternoon TeaEvery day, apart from their staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes. In all their Chalet Hotels, and their two Austrian Xtra chalets, they also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Xtra Chalet MealsBlending both the chalet and Chalet Hotel full-service, their Xtra chalet range feature the same number of courses as their Chalet Hotels but without the choices at each course. All the same, we will be offering a daily choice of dessert or cheese option to round off your dinner.
Dinner on staff days offOn the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
Family Dining ChaletsIf it's important to you to eat dinner altogether as a family, they offer Family Dining when you book the entire chalet for exclusive use. Dinner is then served from 6:30pm with the menu based on their adult dishes with some flexibility for the children's preferences. There is a supplement of £39 per child for Family Dining. Alternatively, you may wish to consider staying with us in a Chalet Hotel where children aged 8 and above have the option of joining their parents at the adult dinner
Special DietsThey can cater for vegetarians staying in their Xtra chalets, as well as any other specific dietary requirements, if we are advised in advance. Special diets can be accommodated at a cost of £35 per person per week. Please notify us of your dietary needs at the time of booking. Your Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet or Chalet Hotel.
Christmas & New Year CelebrationsChalets offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family. This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties, the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together! A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course) unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy