Tradition, comfort and quality combine to create the wonderful Hotel Zur Dorfschmiede. In an enviable location in the heart of Hinterglemm, just minutes from the ski lifts, this family-run hotel is perfect for couples and families alike.
Furnished throughout in a rustic style, the Dorfschmiede exudes charm. The rooms are simply decorated with traditional wooden features and cheerful colours to make you feel right at home.
Mealtimes at the Dorfschmiede are always something to look forward to. Fill up in the morning with an extensive buffet breakfast and then delve into 4-course evening meals in the hotel's Fuhrmannsstube restaurant. The décor of this restaurant, which includes antique anvils and bellows, inspired the name of the hotel, which means ‘village forge’ – and the food is superb. For an extra special treat, try the hotel’s award-winning à la carte restaurant, the Gate Stube.
The facilities are also pretty special. The wellness area is beautifully decorated to look like an Alpine village, with a lodge, chapel and painted mountain murals on the walls. You can take a refreshing swim in the pool or visit any of the three types of sauna – there’s even a separate kids’ pool. Plus, for an extra charge, you can choose from a range of massages and treatments to really soothe those ski muscles.
- Ideal location in the very centre of Hinterglemm, just minutes from the lifts.
- Indoor pool, waterfall, sauna and steam room.
- Après bar, lounge, two restaurants and weekly live music.
- enviable central location
- 150m to the nearest lifts
All rooms have a cable TV, bathrobes, slippers, safe and free WiFi. Room service is available at an extra charge. Cots are available to hire, free of charge, on request. Please request at time of booking.
- Small twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds and extra sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
- Family room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds and extra sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
- Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- Snow après bar
- lounge with fireplace
- Fuhrmannstube restaurant
- Gute Stube à la carte restaurant
- weekly live music
- indoor pool and kids' pool
- waterfall, sauna and steam room
- fitness room available in sister Hotel Alpine Palace (150m away)
- extra charge for massage and treatments free
- child supervision available in sister Hotel Alpine Palace (150m away, Mon-Fri)
- Grander water in rooms on arrival ·lift to all floors
- extra charge for parking
- ski room
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- afternoon après snack
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course, taken in the Fuhrmannstube restaurant
- weekly gala dinner extra charge for Gute Stube à la carte restaurant
- children's buffer or extra children's menu (extra charge for upgrade to 4-course menu)
- New Year's Eve gala dinner included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy