Situated in a very central, sunny position overlooking the main square of Champoluc, the 3* Hotel Castor consistently proves to be a very popular hotel.
Run by an Englishman, Herman and his Italian wife, Beatrice, the Castor offers comfortable accommodation within a 6 minute walk of the main lift. Its friendly atmosphere and warm welcome will appeal to most.
Total 32 Bedrooms (Singles, Twins, Doubles, Triples and four bedded) are furnished in a traditional alpine style with wooden furniture. All rooms have en-suite bathroom, many with baths. Some have balconies with pleasant views across the square and down the Ayas Valley. Two rooms (which have recently been renovated) interconnect with each other, perfect for those travelling with young children. All equiped with Satellite TV and hairdryes.
The hotel has a large, bright dining room where a good and varied menu (with choices at most courses) is served. The menu includes a selection of homemade desserts. An extensive wine list includes both local wines and wines from around the world.
The bar at the hotel (open to non-residents) is one of the most popular in the village and Hotel Castor ‘music nights’ are legendary!
Herman and Beatrice have three young children of their own, so families are well catered for, as well as individuals and groups.
There is a selection of children’s play equipment in the garden, particularly popular during the last few weeks of the season when parents are able to enjoy a post-ski drink on the sunny terrace whilst the children enjoy the swings! In addition the hotel now has a children’s playroom below the lounge bar.
Included in the cost
- Return transfers between any of these 6 airports and Champoluc – Turin (90 minutes), Milan Malpensa (2 hours), Milan Linate (3 hours), Milan Bergamo (3 hours), Geneva (3 hours) and Sion (2.5 hours )
- 7 nights half board accommodation, based on 2 people sharing – breakfast and dinner
- 6 day full area Monterosa lift pass covering the resorts of Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna
- Snack lunches each day at a choice of mountain restaurants. Vouchers are valid in 6 mountain restaurants spread across the ski area and are valid for one dish from a choice of four or five.
- Unused vouchers can always be used to buy après-ski drinks in the bar at the bottom of the main gondola.
- Ski guiding – available on the first morning of your holiday (for parallel skiers) to explore the Monterosa ski area
- Free use of ski deposit at the bottom of the main lift
- The services of a friendly and experienced resort team – 24 hours a day
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This operator is offering a full refund guarantee should your holiday be cancelled due to COVID-19 related issues.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy