“Unique” is possibly an over-used word in the English language but it would be impossible to describe the Hotel California without using it! The owners, Guido and Marina, have built a hotel based on their love of music and guests should understand that it plays a big part in the day to day running of their establishment.
pecifically mentioned in a number guide books and in recent Sunday Telegraph and Observer articles, the California has certainly caught the imagination of ski journalists! Each of the twelve bedrooms is designed around a different singer or band – John Denver, the Doors, Janis Joplin to name but a few. The Elvis Presley room for instance has a carved wooden bed-head in the shape of a Cadillac with indicators as bed-side lights! All of the furnishings are handmade and are of excellent quality. Many of the rooms have good views up or down the valley.
The Doors – shower
Grateful Dead – shower
Sandy Denny – bath
John Denver (this room can accommodate 3 people)- bath
Elvis Presley – shower
Janis Joplin – shower
Marshall Tucker – shower
CSN&Young – shower
Joan Baiz – shower
Bob Dylan – shower
Birds (this room can accommodate 3 people) – bath
Gram Parsons – bath
The hotel bar can be quite lively at weekends, especially on Friday and Saturday nights when the bar is popular with Champoluc residents, but much quieter during the week. There is occasional live music in the bar. Those who are very sensitive to noise might prefer to stay in another hotel.
The bar itself is styled like a cowboy saloon bar complete with pool table and darts board. MTV videos and sport is shown on a big screen in the bar. Guinness is served on draught. Evening meals are served on the mezzanine level above the bar.
Breakfast is served in a lounge downstairs.
Please note this hotel is now offered on a bed and breakfast basis. Dinner is available in the hotel at weekends, or in one of the many nearby restaurants (payable locally).
The nightclub in the basement has now been closed for the past 3 years with no plans to re-open.
Included in the cost
• Return transfers between any of these 6 airports and Champoluc – Turin (90 minutes), Milan Malpensa (2 hours), Milan Linate (3 hours), Milan Bergamo (3 hours), Geneva (3 hours) and Sion (2.5 hours )
• 7 nights half board accommodation, based on 2 people sharing – breakfast and dinner
• 6 day full area Monterosa lift pass covering the resorts of Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna
• Snack lunches each day at a choice of mountain restaurants. Vouchers are valid in 6 mountain restaurants spread across the ski area and are valid for one dish from a choice of four or five.
• Unused vouchers can always be used to buy après-ski drinks in the bar at the bottom of the main gondola.
• Ski guiding – available on the first morning of your holiday (for parallel skiers) to explore the Monterosa ski area
• Free use of ski deposit at the bottom of the main lift
• The services of a friendly and experienced resort team – 24 hours a day
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This operator is offering a full refund guarantee should your holiday be cancelled due to COVID-19 related issues.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy