Convenience is the key here, with easy access to the skiing and to the village centre. Chalet Hotel de Champoluc offers skiing to the doorstep and is just next to the Crest gondola and the ski hire shop, the ultimate convenience for getting families on the slopes easily and without any fuss. With comfortable accommodation, our full range of on-site childcare and the wonderful Monterosa ski area to discover, this Chalet Hotel has great all round appeal.
Location, location, location!
Of all the villages in the Monterosa ski area, Champoluc is the best known with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The village is ideal for families with the Chalet Hotel offering skiing to the door and the main village centre just a few minutes' walk away.
Ski Area Access
A Key attraction of de Champoluc is the proximity to the skiing. The Crest gondola departs from just next to the Chalet Hotel, leading up to the beginners' area at the mid station and up to rising up to 2,7028m and leading to runs above Frachey and then by lift up to the Col Le Betteforca into the Gressoney Valley to Stafal, the Punta Indren and Alagna.
At the end of the day, a red piste will then bring you back to the Chalet Hotel. The piste is classified as a red but with its lovely long and cruisy stretches it can be happily skied by most skiers with a few weeks experience, skiing at a level above absolute beginners. There are blue runs leading to the mid-station so beginner skiers can then take the gondola down the last stretch
Comfortable Hotel Facilities
Chalet Hotel de Champoluc has a dedicated floor where the Child Patrol/Baby Listening Service takes place.
The open-plan lounge is a perfect place to relax and there's also a children's reading and games corner. Pre-dinner apéritifs and canapés will be served here in the lounge, and there is a separate dining room in traditional style.
There is a range of bedrooms and a couple of family suites to meet the needs of different family groups and ages. All have the benefit of en suite facilities.
There is also the Nursery with separate day and sleep rooms, and a Snow Club room ready for fun and games for younger guests. These rooms are also used for the evening Cocoa Club activities
On the lowest floor is the ski and boot room, with a door giving direct access outside to the Crest gondola and piste.
The bedrooms and family suites provide a choice of accommodation styles for different family groups and ages, and all have the benefit of en suite facilities and a TV/DVD player. Some also have a balcony.
- Nursery 17 weeks - 40 months In Chalet Hotel
- Snow Club 3 - 8 years In Chalet Hotel
- Cocoa Clubs
- Cosy Club 3 - 5 years In Chalet Hotel
- Cocoa Club 6 - 12 years In Chalet Hotel
- Children’s Ski Lessons 3 - 12 years offering a wide range of ski classes and activities
- Strict signing-in/out procedures for all ages whenever responsibility for children passes between staff or ski instructors and parents
- Guided Ski Fun 6 - 12 years afternoon groups
- Snow Club fun 40 months + for children over nursery age
- Adjacent to the Crest gondola, with skiing back virtually to the doorstep
- 4 minutes' walk to the village centre (400m)
- Family suites and bedrooms, many interconnecting
- Spa area with sauna, steam room and whirlpool hot-tub
- Continental buffet breakfast for 7 days with hot option produced for 6 days
- Afternoon tea with cake and savoury treats for 6 days
- 3-course dinner including a prosecco apéritif, a choice of complimentary quality wines and tea/coffee for 6 days. Children's high tea served from 5.15pm
- Family Dining option for children aged 8 and above
- Bar and lounge area with comfy sofas
- Children's reading and games corner
- Attractive, light and airy dining room
- Dedicated Nursery and Snow Club rooms
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Nursery and Snow Club rooms
Entrance, reception area, lounge and residents' bar, dining room
- Rooms 205 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 206 - Sleeps 2 - Twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 207 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 208 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 209 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 210 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 211 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 212 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- room 214 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 201 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 202 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Suite 203 - Sleeps 5-6 - Two triple bedrooms with bath/wc/balcony connected by a private hallway and the entrance
- Room 204 - Sleeps 2-3 - Triple with bath/wc/balcony
Adult Only Groups
This chalet hotel only accepts groups with children and does not accept adult only bookings.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
- Free places for babies and toddlers
- Half price Esprit Nursery places
- Half price Esprit Spritelets Ski Lessons & Snow Club - when booked together
- Reduced empty bed charges - treat yourselves to the extra space of a larger room or suite and pay just £150 for the first empty bed compared to the standard charge.
- FREE children’s equipment when parents pre-book Red or Black ski/poles/boots.
- FREE children’s helmets included with ski/boot hire
- FREE children’s lift passes available
Free Child PlacesFree child places/discounts available on selected dates. Click here for more details on free child places.
One of the joys of choosing to take a Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Their staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in their chalets and on their staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Their Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let them take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
They set high standards for their cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
In all their properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all their Chalet Hotels.
Their Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from their staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all their Chalet Hotels, and their two Austrian Xtra chalets, they also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel meals
5.30pm High Tea
High Tea at 5:30pm is served as a 2-course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10-year-olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10-year-olds are supervised by their childcare team.
7.30pm Adult Dinner
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
They always prepare a vegetarian main course in our Chalet Hotels, as well as any other specific dietary requirements, if we are advised in advance.
Special diets can be accommodated at a cost of £35 per person per week. Please notify us of your dietary needs at the time of booking. Your Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties, the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course) unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy