With the Crest gondola just outside offering skiing to the doorstep, the village centre close by and the ski hire shop just next door, the Chalet Hotel de Champoluc offers ultimate convenience for getting families on the slopes easily and without any fuss.
The open-plan lounge is a perfect place to relax and there's also a children's reading and games corner. Pre-dinner apéritifs and canapés will be served here in the wood panelled lounge, and there is a separate dining room in traditional style.
There is a range of bedrooms and a couple of family suites to meet the needs of different family groups and ages. The family bedrooms and suites provide a choice of accommodation styles for different family groups and ages, and all have the benefit of en-suite facilities and a TV/DVD player. Some also have a balcony.
Some of the bedrooms on the third floor have been renovated with wooden floors and stylish decor.
On the lowest floor is the ski and boot room, with a door giving direct access outside to the Crest gondola and piste.
At the end of the day, a red piste will then bring you back to the Chalet Hotel. The piste is classified as a red but with its lovely long and cruisy stretches it can be happily skied by most skiers with a few weeks experience, skiing at a level above absolute beginners. There are blue runs leading to the mid-station so beginner skiers can then take the gondola down the last stretch.
Our range of childcare is based in the lower ground floor of the chalet hotel. We have a Snow Club room ready for fun and games for our younger guests. These rooms are also used for our evening Cocoa Club activities.
Uniquely this Chalet Hotel, is run by the owner and his team, providing a little extra Italian flair and atmosphere in this comfortable accommodation. It is also shared with guests from our sister company Inghams and Esprit families have dedicated floors where the Child Patrol/Baby Listening Service takes place. Please note there is no Baby Listening on the First Floor.
- Childcare on site
- Great piste side location
- Adjacent to the gondola, with skiing back virtually to the doorstep
- Transfer 1hr 45 mins
- 4 minutes’ walk to the village centre
- Family suites and bedrooms, some interconnecting
- Family dining option available for children
- Bar and lounge area with comfortable sofas
- Children’s reading and games corner
- Attractive, light and airy dining room
Lower Ground Floor
- Snow Club rooms
- Entrance, reception area, lounge and residents' bar, dining room
- Room 101 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 102 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Suite 103 Sleeps 5–6: Two triple bedrooms with bath, WC, balcony connected by a private hallway
- Room 105 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 106 Sleeps 2: Twin with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 107 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 108 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 109 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 110 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 111 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 112 Sleeps 2–3: Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 114 Sleeps 2: Twin with bath, WC, balcony
Please note there is no Baby Listening / Child Patrol Service on this floor.
- Room 201 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 202 Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Suite 203 (Sleeps 5 6): Two triple bedrooms with bath, WC, balcony connected by a private hallway
- Room 205 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 206 (Sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 207 (Sleeps 4): Quad with twin and bunk beds, bath, WC, balcony
- Room 208 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 209 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 210 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 211 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 212 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 214 (Sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 301 (sleeps 4): Quad room with twin and bunk beds, bath, WC, balcony
- Suite 302 (sleeps 4): Two twin bedrooms, bath, WC, balcony connected by a private hallway
- Room 304 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 305 (sleeps 4-5): Newly renovated room with double bed downstairs and three single bed on an enclosed mezzanine upstairs, shower, WC, balcony
- Room 306 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC, balcony
- Room 307 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC
- Room 308 (sleeps 2): Twin with bath, WC
- Room 309 (sleeps 2–3): Triple with bath, WC, balcony
Rooms 301, Suite 302 and rooms 303 & 305 are the renovated rooms.
The Chalet Hotel is run by the owner and his team providing the same friendly and welcoming service as our other Esprit Chalet Hotels.
Included is a skiers' buffet breakfast to start your day with a hot option on 6 mornings. On the 7th morning (usually midweek) a continental buffet breakfast is served.
Return from skiing to enjoy afternoon tea including cake, tea/coffee and savoury options.
A supervised High Tea is available for children. For adults and families dining together there's a 3-course evening meal including a starter, main and dessert or cheese, plus wine and coffee to complete the evening.
Afternoon tea and evening meals are for 6 nights per week.
Adult Only Groups
This chalet hotel only accepts groups with children and does not accept adult only bookings.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Free Child PlacesFree child places/discounts available on selected dates. Click here for more details on free child places.
One of the joys of choosing to take a Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Their staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in their chalets and on their staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Their Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let them take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
They set high standards for their cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
In all their properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all their Chalet Hotels.
Their Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from their staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all their Chalet Hotels, and their two Austrian Xtra chalets, they also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel meals
5.30pm High Tea
High Tea at 5:30pm is served as a 2-course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10-year-olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10-year-olds are supervised by their childcare team.
7.30pm Adult Dinner
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
They always prepare a vegetarian main course in our Chalet Hotels, as well as any other specific dietary requirements, if we are advised in advance.
Special diets can be accommodated at a cost of £35 per person per week. Please notify us of your dietary needs at the time of booking. Your Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties, the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course) unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy