Chalet Hotel & Spa Le Savoie is our flagship Chalet Hotel in an extremely convenient location on Val d’Isère’s central main street. From here it is just a short walk to your choice of the Solaise Express lift for the Solaise / Le Fornet side of the ski area, or the Olympique gondola if you want to ski across towards Tignes.
Sweeping stairs lead you from street level to the welcoming reception area and lounge on the first floor, opening into the attractive open-plan restaurant and bar. The smart interiors combine the warmth and traditional feel of wood, local stone and fine fabrics with stylish and sophisticated modern touches, for an elegant and comfortable atmosphere.
The ski storage is down on the ground floor along with the extensive spa area, with its exotic blue and silver decorative motifs, inspires feelings of complete comfort and relaxation after a day on the mountain.
A good breakfast will set you up perfectly for skiing, and our afternoon tea buffet will be ready to welcome you back ‘home’ each day. Evening meals here are served at your convenience between 7.30 and 9.30pm, including Le Savoie’s slightly wider than normal choice of menu. Children can take High Tea earlier or Family Dining at 7.30pm. The comfortable facilities on offer inside the Chalet Hotel start with a welcoming lobby and reception area, connecting through to the excellent value residents-only bar and comfy fireside lounge. The attractive dining room sets the scene for our fine Chalet Hotel dining, and there is a sauna and large indoor swimming pool with mountain views and relaxing loungers on which to unwind after a great day's skiing.
Uniquely among our Chalet Hotel range – and precisely because it is such an exceptional property - Le Savoie also welcomes guests from this operators sister company.
- Spacious bedrooms and suites, all with en suite bath and separate wc, complimentary bathrobes & slippers, satellite TV & many with balcony.
- Entrance, stairs to reception, lifts to all floors. Spa area - see the 'Facilities tab for details
- Reception, restaurant, bar and lounge area.
- Room 201 : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 202A : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 202B : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 203 : Classique with Balcony. Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 204 : Savoie Suite. Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with single sofa bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 205 : Deluxe. Larger twin/double with bath/wc/balcony (with interconnecting door to room 206)
- Room 206 : Deluxe. Larger twin/double with bath/wc/balcony (with interconnecting door to room 207)
- Rooms 202A & 202B connect with a separate spacious lounge with double sofa-bed to create Suite 202 for up to 6 people. A separate private hallway also links up room 201 to create a 4-room Super Suite for up to 8 people
- Room 301 : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 302A : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 302B : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 303 : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 304 : Savoie Suite. Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with single sofa bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 305 : Deluxe. Larger twin/double with bath/wc/balcony (with interconnecting door to room 306)
- Room 306 : Deluxe. Larger twin/double with bath/wc/balcony (with interconnecting door to room 305)
- Rooms 302A & 302B connect with a separate spacious lounge with double sofa-bed to create Suite 302 for up to 6 people. A separate private hallway also links up room 301 to create a 4-room Super Suite for up to 8 people
- Room 401 : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 402A : Classique with Balcony. Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 402B : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 403 : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 404 : Savoie Suite. Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with single sofa bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 405 : Deluxe. Larger twin/double with bath/wc/balcony (with interconnecting door to room 406)
- Room 406 : Deluxe. Larger twin/double with bath/wc/balcony (with interconnecting door to room 405)
- Rooms 402A & 402B connect with a separate spacious lounge with double sofa-bed to create Suite 402 for up to 6 people. A separate private hallway also links up room 401 to create a 4-room Super Suite for up to 8 people
- Room 501 : Classique. Twin/double with bath/wc
- Room 502A : Deluxe Mezzanine with Balcony. Twin/double on mezzanine with single sofa-bed and bath/wc downstairs
- Room 502B : Deluxe Mezzanine. Twin/double on mezzanine with single sofa-bed and bath/wc downstairs
- Room 503 : Classique with Balcony. Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 504 : Savoie Suite. Twin/double with balcony & separate lounge with double sofa-bed. Bath/wc opens off hallway between the rooms, plus further wc off the lounge area.
- Room 505 : Deluxe Mezzanine with Balcony. Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony & mezzanine with single sofa-bed
- Room 506 : Deluxe Mezzanine with Balcony. Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony & mezzanine with single sofa-bed
- Rooms 502A & 502B connect with a separate spacious lounge with double sofa-bed to create Suite 502 for up to 8 people. A separate private hallway also links up room 501 to create a Super Suite for up to 10 people
- Room 601 : Solaise Suite. Twin/double with bath/wc and separate lounge with double sofa bed and balcony (shown as 601 (lounge) and 601C (bedroom) on the plan and a door separating it from the central Penthouse Suite lounge (601 on the plan) whihc has a single sofa bed for use of groups taking all room on this floor
- Room 601A : Deluxe. Larger twin/double/triple with bath/wc/balcony, plus single sofa bed
- Room 601B : Classique with Balcony. Twin/double with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 202A&B, 302A&B, 402A&B :Each pair of these room can connect via an adjoinging lounge with double sofa-bed and balcony, to make a suite if so desired for 6 people, with 3 separate sleeping areas / 2 bathrooms. These pairs can then also connect via a private hallway to Rooms 201 / 301 / 401 to create a 4-roomed super-suite for 8
- Room 203 & Suite 204, 303 & 304, 403 & 404, 503 & 504:
- Each pair can be joined via a private hallway to make a 3-roomed suite for 6
- Rooms 502A & 502B:
- These 2 rooms can connect via an adjoining lounge with double sofa-bed and balcony to make a larger suite for up to 8. These rooms can also connect via a private hallway with Room 501 to create a 4-roomed super-suite for up to 10
- Penthouse Suite (Suite 601 & Rooms 601A & 601B) :
- These rooms and suite, all opening off a separate lounge to make the spacious 180 sq.m. 'Penthouse Suite' for up to 9 guests
- Floor plans are for guidance only and may not be to scale
- Some rooms will take an extra put-up bed suitable for a child, please call for details
- Availability of a cot
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Family rooms (sleeps 4+)
- Minibar or fridge
- Wireless internet
- 40m to the nearest bus stop
- 60m to the resort centre
- 400m to the ski lifts and slopes
- Attractive restaurant
- Residents’ bar with adjacent ‘snug’/lounge
- Separate lounge area with log fireplace
- Spa area with indoor pool
- Ski & Boot Storage
- Fantastic location in the centre of Val d’Isère
- Main ski-lifts and slopes approx. 5 minutes’ walk (300m)
- Steam room
- Beauty treatments and massage available (Pay Locally).
- *Spa access 13 years and over only after 5.30pm.
- Hot tub
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Whirlpool (indoor)
- Steam room
Cots are available for use in all bedrooms
- Playroom is unsupervised
- Cots & linen
- Early meals available
- Children's menu
- Highchairs in restaurant
- Hotel family friendly
- Play room
Exclusive menu with additional choice of main course, upgraded wine from our usual chalet wine
- Full skiers' buffet breakfast with hot option is included 7 days per week
- Afternoon tea and coffee with a selection of cakes and savouries
- 5-course evening meals with choice of menu, including pre-dinner apèritif, choice of complimentary wines with dinner followed by tea/coffee
- Complimentary tea & coffee available all day
- Special celebration menus on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve
- See below for details of a sample menu at the Le Savoie. For more information on our Chalet Hotel programme click here. You can also download a PDF of the Le Savoie's menu.
†Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea and dinner is 6 days per week, due to Chalet hotel staff's day off.
- Dress code for restaurants: Casual
- Breakfast service: Buffet breakfast with continental and cooked options
- Waiter service: 7.30 - 10am
- Dinner service: 5 course dinner with choice of menu and waiter service 7 - 9pm
Board basis options available
- Chalet Catering
This property caters for the following special dietary requirements
- Diabetics - Insulin can be stored
- Gluten Free
We’ve put together details on how your ski holiday may differ this year. From restrictions in resort to information on public places and what might be different at your accommodation.
Click here for COVID-19 travel advice for your chosen ski holiday destination.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
Covid-19 refund promise
If things change and we have to cancel your holiday because of Covid, you can pick another trip, or get a full refund.
ATOL & ABTA protection
These schemes are backed by the government, so whatever happens, your money is protected.
Added flexibility with no fee on Ski holidays
Up to 28-days before departure, you can move your ski holiday to later this winter (same airline & accommodation) with no fee from us. You will need to cover any extra cost if your new date is more expensive. If our suppliers charge a fee for the change, we may need to pass this on. (Excludes Lapland & Summer holidays).
Be prepared with Covid-19 Travel Insurance
We would highly recommend that you take out additional Covid-19 travel insurance. Many travel insurance policies will no longer cover you as standard if your holiday is disrupted due to Coronavirus, but there are new policies and add-ons appearing on the market that will provide cover for any unforeseen circumstances between booking and departing on holiday as well as while on holiday.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
2021/2022 Season offersBuy One Get One Half Price Lift PassesBuy one get one half price 6-day adult lift pass offer (must be pre-booked 7 days before departure).Available departing 29th Jan & 26th Mar 2022.Half Price Equipment HireHalf price ski hire or carriage when you book your lift pass. Offer available on all dates.Not valid on bookings made within 6 weeks of departure
Comfortable accommodation in top resorts with great food, a warm welcome and friendly, professional service from your Inghams Chalet Hotel team
Combining the relaxed, informal atmosphere of a chalet with the space and facilities of a larger hotel, our Chalet Hotels are more popular than ever.
What to expect from your Chalet Hotel experience
Our Chalet Hotel Staff
Our Chalet Hotel Hosts are chosen for their friendly and helpful attitude, whilst our Head Chefs and their teams are professionally trained to provide consistently enjoyable restaurant-standard cuisine. At all times your Resort Representative is also on hand to help out with their local knowledge, and to arrange local restaurant bookings.
Meals in Chalet Hotels
- Continental breakfast for 7 mornings with hot options provided by our staff on 6 days
- Afternoon tea with cake & a savoury treat with tea/coffee on 6 days
- A glass of Prosecco before dinner on 6 days
- 4 course evening meal with unlimited wine, red, white and rosé to enjoy during your meal on 6 days
- Vegetarian and vegan meal option available but please advise us when booking so our team are prepared
- Special Celebration Menus - Christmas day and New Year's Eve
- Evening meals are either set menu or buffet, both served to your table (see individual accommodation pages for full details.)
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Our Chalet Hotels are the ideal venue for your Christmas or New Year celebrations, providing the perfect festive atmosphere, wonderful food and wines, and our team of staff on hand to ensure you have a simply fantastic week!
Our Platinum Chalet Hotel & Spa Le Savoie in Val d’Isere
The Le Savoie is our flagship property in the famous Tignes Val d'Isere ski area and as our Platinum 5 diamond rating property, we are able to offer a more flexible choice where slightly different arrangements apply (eg. an extended menu choice, flexible dining times, and the property being shared with guests from our sister companies Ski Total and Esprit). It is otherwise run on traditional Chalet Hotel lines, as described above, and guest expectations should accordingly be oriented at this more informal style of holiday, operated by our largely young British staff. Specifically, please note that certain services you might expect in a ‘French 5 star’ hotel (eg. à la carte dining, daily towel/linen change, lunch service, luggage porters etc) are not provided.
- Chalet Hotel ratings shown for each property are our own ratings; they are not ‘star ratings’ and not to be confused or compared with any system of official ratings or national/international hotel categories
- Children of all ages are welcome in all our Chalet Hotels on all dates. We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 11 years and under with an appropriate menu. However, parents may elect for their children (11 years and under) to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment of a £39 per child per week supplement
- All Chalet Hotels are entirely non smoking
- Each has its own bar – in most cases open to residents only – the ideal place for your choice of après ski tipple
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy