The popular Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie is in the very heart of Val d'Isère and has now been extended to offer some additional rooms and suites. Traditionally appointed with warm wood tones, and with a great choice of family bedroom options, this hotel fulfils many needs of young families.
Situated right in the very heart of Val d'Isère, yet conveniently set back from the main busy thoroughfares, the hotel nestles in a side street, close to the pedestrianised area and affords easy access to the centre, the main ski-lifts, the children's nursery ski area and all the resort facilities.
**Please note this is a family orientated property and the operator will not take bookings for adult only groups**
The lounge/bar is on the ground floor and is an ideal spot for swapping stories of the day's adventures with apéritifs and canapés, before moving on to enjoy dinner in the spacious, attractive dining-room.
Our dedicated Nursery is situated on the fifth floor and offers spacious play areas as well as a quiet sleep room. Snow Club has its own room, on the lower ground floor, for all its indoor fun.
Our staff provide a hot and cold buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and adult-only Culinary Choice evening meals, whilst our Baby-Listening/Child-Patrol, running until 11pm, allows parents to relax in good company over coffee after dining. Children's high tea is served at 5.30pm and supervised by our staff until 6pm.
Here we offer a range of comfortable family rooms, so that between the choice of twins, triples, family rooms and suites, all family sizes are catered for, whether you are two parents and an infant or a larger family of six. The third bed in the triple rooms is similar to a top bunk but with a wardrobe beneath, and is situated in the entrance hallway of the room.(This bed is more suitable for children over six years old.) All bedrooms have flatscreen TV/DVD (with UK channels) so bring your favourite DVDs.
- Nursery 17 weeks - 40 months In Chalet Hotel
- Snow Club 3 - 8 years In Chalet Hotel
- Cocoa Clubs
- Mini Cocoa Club 3 - 5 years In Chalet Hotel
- Cocoa Club 6 - 12 years In Chalet Hotel
- Cocoa Club Plus 8 - 12 years In Chalet Hotel
- Children’s Ski Lessons 3 - 12 years offering a wide range of ski classes and activities
- Strict signing-in/out procedures for all ages whenever responsibility for children passes between staff or ski instructors and parents
- Guided Ski Fun 6 - 12 years afternoon groups
- Snow Club fun 40 months + for children over nursery age
- Prime location in the resort, set back from main road in resort centre
- Main ski lifts all within approx. 4 minutes' walk (300m)
- Childrens' ski area approx. 4 minutes' walk (300m)
- Comfortable and spacious family suites and bedrooms, all with en suite bath, separate WC and many with balcony
- All bedrooms have TVs/DVDs with UK channels available, please bring your own DVDs
- Attractive dining-room
- Reception and lounge/bar with Wifi
- Dedicated Nursery and Snow Club rooms
- Lift to all floors except the fifth
- Substantial breakfast, and Afternoon Tea with a selection of cakes and savouries
- Children's high tea served at 5.30pm
- 5-course adult-only dinners including apéritif, choice of wines, coffee, and featuring our 'Culinary Choice' menu
- FREE Baby-Listening/Child-Patrol 7.30-11pm
- Room 101 - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Rooms 102, 104 - Sleep 2-4 - Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 103 - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 105 - Sleeps 2 - Twin (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 106 - Sleeps 2-4 - Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 107 - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Suite 108 - Sleeps 4-6 - Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) twin/triple/quad (bath/wc) b) double (bath/wc)
- Suite 11* - Sleeps 4-5 - Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 single sofa beds, balcony & single bed in alcove near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 12* - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin beds and single bed in alcove near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 13* - Sleeps 4 - Twin beds and two single beds in alcove area near entrance (bath/wc)
- Rooms 12 & 13 combine to make Suite 12 - sleeping 6-7 - as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door. *Rooms in the new extension; add £10 to basic adult price.
- Rooms 201, 203, 207 - Sleep 2-3 - Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 202 - Sleeps 2-4 - Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 204 - Sleeps 2-4 - Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 205 - Sleeps 2 - Double (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 206 - Sleeps 2-4 - Twin/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Suite 208 - Sleeps 4-6 - Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) twin/triple/quad (bath/wc) b) double (bath/wc)
- Room 22* - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 23* - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance (bath/wc)
- Suite 21* - Sleeps 4-5 - Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 single sofa beds, balcony & single bed in alcove near the entrance (bath/wc)
- Rooms 22 & 23 combine to make Suite 22 - sleeping 4-6 - as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door. *Rooms in the new extension; add £10 to the basic adult price.
- Room 301 - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 302 - Sleeps 2-4 - Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 303 - Sleeps 2-3 - Double/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 304 - Sleep 4-5 - Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony), with double bed on mezzanine level
- Room 305 - Sleeps 2-4 - Twin (bath/wc/balcony) with double bed on mezzanine level
- Room 307 - Sleeps 2-4 - Twin/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Suite 308 - Sleeps 4-6 - Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) twin/triple/quad (bath/wc), and b) double (bath/wc)
- Suite 31* - Sleeps 4-6 - Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 singel sofa beds, balcony & single bed & put-u-up bed on a mezzanine (bath/wc)
- Room 32* - Sleeps 3-4 - Twin beds and single bed and sofa bed on a mezzanine (bath/wc)
- Room 33* - Sleeps 4-5 - Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance, mezzanine with single bed & sofa bed (bath/wc)
- Rooms 32 & 33 combine to make Suite 32 - sleeping 7-9 - as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door. *Rooms in the new extension; add £10 to the basic adult price.
- Room 401 - Sleeps 2-3 - Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 402 - Sleeps 2-4 - Double/triple/quad(bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 403 - Sleeps 4-7 - Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony), and b) twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 405 - Sleeps 4-6 - Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony), and b) twin/triple (bath/wc)
- All rooms and suites will take a cot.
- Third bed: as this is similar to a single top bunk, we suggest it is only suitable for children over 6 years, however parents have the final decision on this.
- The fourth bed in all the following suites/rooms: 102, 104, 106, 108, 202, 204, 206, 208, 302, 307, 308, 402, 403, & 405 is a put-u-up bed if required.
- Supps p.p.p.n: Suites £5.95; Balcony £2.95; Rooms/Suites 101-110, 205 & 206 have no supplement.
- Please enquire from our Reservations Team which bedrooms are adjacent to each other for family/friend co-location should you require this.
Adult Only Groups
This chalet hotel only accepts groups with children and does not accept adult only bookings.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
- Free places for babies and toddlers
- Half price Esprit Nursery places
- Half price Esprit Spritelets Ski Lessons & Snow Club - when booked together
- Reduced empty bed charges - treat yourselves to the extra space of a larger room or suite and pay just £150 for the first empty bed compared to the standard charge.
- FREE children’s equipment when parents pre-book Red or Black ski/poles/boots.
- FREE children’s helmets included with ski/boot hire
- FREE children’s lift passes available
- FREE entry to leisure facilities
- Buy One Get One Half Price on Espace Killy lift passes on selected weeks
Free Child PlacesFree child places/discounts available on selected dates. Click here for more details on free child places.
One of the joys of choosing to take a Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Their staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in their chalets and on their staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Their Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let them take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
They set high standards for their cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
In all their properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all their Chalet Hotels.
Their Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from their staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all their Chalet Hotels, and their two Austrian Xtra chalets, they also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel meals
5.30pm High Tea
High Tea at 5:30pm is served as a 2-course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10-year-olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10-year-olds are supervised by their childcare team.
7.30pm Adult Dinner
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
They always prepare a vegetarian main course in our Chalet Hotels, as well as any other specific dietary requirements, if we are advised in advance.
Special diets can be accommodated at a cost of £35 per person per week. Please notify us of your dietary needs at the time of booking. Your Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties, the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course) unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy