The popular Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie is in the very heart of Val d'Isère and offers great family accommodation in this iconic ski resort. Traditionally appointed with warm wood tones, and with an excellent choice of family bedroom options, the accommodation here is simple yet fulfils the needs of young families. The communal areas including the bar, lounge and restaurant have all been newly renovated and all bedrooms will also be renovated for next winter.
Situated right in the very heart of Val d'Isère, yet set back from the main thoroughfare, the hotel nestles in a side street, close to the pedestrianised area and affords easy access to the centre, the main ski lifts, the children's nursery ski area and all the resort facilities.
**Please note this is a family orientated property and the operator will not take bookings for adult only groups**
Skiers only need to stroll about 320m from the hotel to reach Val d'Isère's three main high-speed lifts and access this fabulous ski area. The 10-person Solaise Gondola, complete with heated seats and WiFi goes straight to the reshaped Solaise peak, in only seven minutes, from where a choice of lifts and runs fans out, including the connections across to the Le Fornet area and the superb snow of the Pissaillas Glacier. There are also some additional beginner slopes, for all ages, right at the top of the Solaise gondola and a stylish Day Lodge with café, bar, games area and kids corner, complete with sun terraces and a picnic area so everyone can enjoy the spectacular views. Alternatively, choose either the Bellevarde Express chair or the Olympique gondola to access the Rocher de Bellevarde, with its long cruising runs down to La Daille, and the connections across the Tovière ridge to the wonders of Tignes.
Yet more skiing options are offered by the resort's excellent free ski bus, which stops just 30m from the Ducs de Savoie, and will take you to Le Fornet or La Daille for an alternative starting point.
At the end of your ski day, pistes from both the Bellevarde and the Solaise sides of the valley run back to the same base area, giving you the choice of the short walk back to the Ducs de Savoie, or Val d'Isère's wonderful selection of inviting cafés and bars for a relaxing après ski drink.
Within the hotel, the lounge/bar is on the ground floor and is an ideal spot for relaxing over afternoon tea or pre-dinner drinks, whilst the spacious dining area has a light and contemporary ambience with striking art panels to inspire you.
Our dedicated Childcare room is situated on the first floor and offers a quiet play area. Snow Club has its own room, on the ground floor, for all its indoor fun and Cocoa Club takes play in the Snow Club room.
Our staff provide a hot and cold buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening meals, whilst our Baby-Listening/Child-Patrol, running until 10.30pm on the first floor, allows parents to relax in good company over coffee after dining. Children's high tea is served at 5.30pm and supervised by our staff until 6pm.
We offer a range of comfortable family rooms, from twins and triples to family rooms and suites, so all family sizes are catered for, whether you're two parents and an infant or a larger family of six. The third bed in all triple and quad rooms is similar to a top bunk or cabin bed, with a wardrobe beneath, and is situated in the entrance hallway of the room. (This bed is more suitable for children over six years old.) The fourth bed in quad rooms is a put-up-bed. All bedrooms have flat screen TV/DVD (with UK channels) so bring your favourite DVDs. The bedrooms will all be updated for next winter with new carpets, headboards and lights.
- Childcare on site
- In resort centre
- Dedicated Childcare rooms
- All communal areas have been renovated
- All bedrooms to be updated ready for Dec 2021
- Transfer 2hrs
- Prime location in the resort, set back from main road in the resort centre
- Main ski lifts all within 4 minutes’ walk (320m)
- Children’s ski area just 4 minutes’ walk (320m)
- Bar with seating and further lounge area downstairs
- Snow Club room
- Child play room with separate play areas
- Room 101* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 102* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 103* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 104* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 105 (sleeps 2): Twin (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 106* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 107* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 11 (sleeps 4-5): Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 single sofa beds, balcony and single bed in alcove near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 12 (sleeps 2-3): Twin beds and single bed in alcove near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 13 (sleeps 4): Twin beds and two single beds in alcove area near entrance (shower/wc)
Rooms 12 & 13 combine to make a larger suite sleeping 6-7, as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door.
* Rooms 101, 102, 103, 104, 106 and 107 have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
- Room 201* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 202* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 203* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 204* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 205 (sleeps 2): Double (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 206* (sleeps 2-4): Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 207* (sleeps 2-3): Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Suite 208* (sleeps 4-6): Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) twin/triple/quad (bath/wc) b) double (bath/wc)
- Room 22 (sleeps 2-3): Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance (bath/wc)
- Room 23 (sleeps 2-3): Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance (shower/wc)
- Suite 21 (sleeps 4-5): Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 single sofa beds, balcony & single bed in alcove near the entrance (bath/wc)
Rooms 22 & 23 combine to make a larger suite sleeping 4-6, as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door.
* Rooms 201, 202, 203, 204, 206 207 and Suite 208 have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
- Room 301* Sleeps 2-3 Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 302* Sleeps 2-4 Double/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 303* Sleeps 2-3 Double/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 304* Sleep 4-5 Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony) with double bed on mezzanine level
- Room 305 Sleeps 2-4 Twin (bath/wc/balcony) with double bed on mezzanine level
- Room 307* Sleeps 2-4 Twin/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Suite 308* Sleeps 4-6 Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) twin/triple/quad (bath/wc) b) double (bath/wc)
- Suite 31 Sleeps 4-6 Double bedroom with balcony and separate lounge area with 2 single sofa beds, balcony & single bed & put-up bed on a mezzanine (bath/wc)
- Room 32 Sleeps 3-4 Twin beds and single bed and sofa bed on a mezzanine (bath/wc)
- Room 33 Sleeps 4-5 Twin beds and single bed in alcove area near entrance and a mezzanine with single bed & sofa bed (bath/wc)
Rooms 32 & 33 combine to make a larger suite sleeping 7-9, as both rooms lead off from a private corridor with door.
* Rooms 301, 302, 303, 304 and 307 have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
- Room 401* Sleeps 2-3 Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 402* Sleeps 2-4 Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 403* Sleeps 4-7 Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony) and b) twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Suite 405* Sleeps 4-6 Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony) and b) twin/triple (bath/wc)
*All rooms and suites on this floor have a third bed similar to a single top bunk and the 4th (quad) bed is a put-u-up bed if required
All rooms and suites will take a cot. Third bed: as this is similar to a single top bunk or cabin bed, we suggest it is only suitable for children over 6 years, however parents have the final decision on this. Please note that the chalet hotel is shared with our sister company Inghams. The first floor is a dedicated Esprit floor with Baby Listening and this service is also offered on the 2nd floor on a couple of weeks of the season.
The fourth bed in all the following suites/rooms is a put up bed if required: 102, 104, 106, 202, 204, 206, 208, 302, 307, 308, 402, 403 & 405.
Supplements per person per night: Suites with balcony £8; Rooms with balcony £5; Rooms/Suites 101-110, 205 & 206 have no supplement.
Please enquire with our Reservations Team which bedrooms are adjacent to each other for family/friend co-location should you require this.
Please note that there are separate prices for rooms and suites.
Chalet Hotel Cuisine
Includes a skiers' daily full continental buffet breakfast to start your day, with hot options served on 6 mornings.
Afternoon tea/coffee with cake and savoury options to welcome you 'home' after skiing.
High Tea for children.
Evening meals with a prosecco aperitif, starter, main and dessert, plus wine and coffee to complete the evening.
Family dining option where parents and children wish to eat together.
We set high standards for our cuisine, and train our staff extensively before the season starts, to ensure that Esprit guests will enjoy every meal with us.
Adult Only Groups
This chalet hotel only accepts groups with children and does not accept adult only bookings.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Free Child PlacesFree child places/discounts available on selected dates. Click here for more details on free child places.
One of the joys of choosing to take a Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Their staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in their chalets and on their staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Their Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let them take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
They set high standards for their cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
In all their properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all their Chalet Hotels.
Their Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from their staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all their Chalet Hotels, and their two Austrian Xtra chalets, they also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel meals
5.30pm High Tea
High Tea at 5:30pm is served as a 2-course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10-year-olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10-year-olds are supervised by their childcare team.
7.30pm Adult Dinner
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
They always prepare a vegetarian main course in our Chalet Hotels, as well as any other specific dietary requirements, if we are advised in advance.
Special diets can be accommodated at a cost of £35 per person per week. Please notify us of your dietary needs at the time of booking. Your Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties, the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course) unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy