‘The perfect group chalet’ must have been the mantra when the architect created the designs for Chalet Ours des Montagnes. Why? Because it simply has everything you’d want for a spot-on holiday in the Alps…
Just 70 metres from the slopes, this large detached property ticks all the boxes: outdoor hot tub on the terrace, games & TV room, spacious boot room, sauna/shower, bright living room, wood-burning stove, comfy sofas and our usual splash of boutique styling…
The double-height living room seems to have windows everywhere: take a seat on the gorgeous turquoise sofas and gaze across the snow-capped mountains opposite, watch the lift system kick into action over breakfast, or slide open the French windows and hop into the hot tub whilst your chef is at work preparing your evening meal…
The bedrooms offer plenty of flexibility, configuring as twins or king-sized doubles, and the family room has two bunks with a sliding door in between to allow parents to have a peaceful night’s sleep.
Quality bed linen is provided, as well as fluffy towels and robes. You’ll also find 100% natural botanical toiletries from the gorgeous Green & Spring as well as an Albus & Flora lip balm.
AT A GLANCE
- 4 twin/double fully en suite
- 1 family suite: twin/double & adjoining bunk room
- Saturday changeover
- 70 metres to the piste
- Outdoor hot tub
- TV & games room
- Sauna and shower
- Short stroll to the village
- Fine dining chef & experienced host
- In-resort concierge & driver team on hand throughout the day
- Open bar of wine, bubbly, beers, soft drinks, Nespresso coffee
- Free WiFi, Bose Bluetooth stereo
- Flatscreen TV & media centre with films & games
- Green & Spring toiletries, Albus & Flora lip balm
- Hairdryers, quality cotton bed linen, towels, bathrobes
- Ski & boot room with boot warmers
- Electronic safes in all bedrooms
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Outdoor hot tub and sauna
- Games and TV room
- Very close proximity to the piste
- All-day concierge service
- Champagne on your first and final evening
- Canapés each evening before dinner
- Open bar – house wines, bubbly, beers & soft drinks + Nespresso coffees on tap
- Dinner wines handpicked by our sommelier
- Your own professional chef on 5 evenings
- Indulgent four-course evening meals on 5 nights (including bubbly, canapés, cheese and petit fours)
- Sumptuous breakfast on 5 mornings with freshly cooked breakfast, (buffet breakfast on 2 mornings)
- Homemade afternoon cakes every day for a post-skiing treat
- Homemade oven-ready meal lovingly pre-prepared by your chef on 1 evening when a chef has the night off
- Children’s suppers on 5 evenings
- All-day driver service
- Crisp white Egyptian cotton bedding, fluffy towels, robes, slippers, hairdryer
- Toiletries from Green & Spring and Albus & Flora lip balm
- WiFi, Sonos stereo, smart TV
Each chalet has its own chef who is qualified and trained in fine dining, so you can expect to ski on a hearty, healthy breakfast, indulge in a slice of tasty homemade cake in the afternoon, and sit down to a delicious and imaginative four-course meal each evening.
To start your day
If you enjoy a cooked breakfast (and what better excuse than a ski holiday?) then your chef will cook your request to order. Take your pick from a continental spread of flaky, buttery croissants, fresh milk, cereals, fruit juices, a selection of fruit and yoghurts, crusty French bread, Nespresso coffees, one of our range of quality teas or a builder’s brew! The choice is yours…
At the end of a hard day on the piste
Afternoon tea – it’s a ski chalet tradition and no holiday would be complete without a homemade cake, scones or biscuits to top you up after losing all those calories on the hill.
Simpler children’s early meals can be provided – just let us know in advance of your holiday, we’ll ask you a few favourites and create nutritious menus for your little ones. If you are one family and would prefer to all eat together, just let us know in advance.
Pan-fried red mullet with Thai green curry sauce, homemade vegetable dumpling, baby corn tempura
Slow-cooked pork belly filled with black olive and shiitake mushrooms, sous-vide pork tenderloin, poached rhubarb, carrot purée, fondant potato, savoy cabbage and a calvados jus
Mango & passionfruit mousse, citrus froth, coconut meringue, white chocolate crémeux and mint sorbet
Tomme de Savoie, spicy tomato chutney, chocolate-orange fudge squares and a glass of port
If you book any chalet on sole occupancy basis we are happy to discuss our menu plans and any ideas with the group leader so that we can create a bespoke menu for your holiday.
If you have any special dietary requirements then simply let us know before you arrive and we can plan a suitable menu for your holiday.
It’s a serious business, choosing wine for our chalet guests. We use a specialist supplier called Verre Gourmand whose job it is to taste, taste and taste some more, in order to choose their very favourite wines from producers all around the world. Their huge range is then whittled down to provide us with a selection that they think will suit us and our guests.
Now it’s our turn! We work with our Verre Gourmand sommelier to handpick the 18 reds, whites and sparkling wines that we will serve to our guests. We have new tastings each winter and listen carefully to our guests’ feedback.
It doesn’t stop there… The next stage is during staff training: the chefs and hosts get together with our sommelier to discuss their menus, taste the wines and choose made-in-heaven matches for all the dishes on the menu during the week.
You’ll have your pick of 2 proseccos, 2 whites and 2 reds to help yourselves to during your stay. This is alongside the bottled beers and soft drinks that are readily available in the complimentary bar.
Each day, your host will serve the paired wines that the chef and sommelier have chosen to accompany the dishes on the menu. They’ll include bottles from all over France as well as other famous areas in Europe and the New World.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy