Chalet Charmille is located in the charming resort of La Tania, which sits between Meribel and Courchevel as part of the vast Three Valleys ski area. The village itself sits inside the tree-line, its snow-topped pines making this a picture postcard resort, and thanks to its small size, it is incredibly convenient, so you’re never far from the slopes or the shops, bars and restaurants at the centre of the village.
Chalet Charmille is located in a very convenient location for skiing, at just 100m from the La Tania gondola, close to both the piste and the village. If you are planning to eat out one night, there is a restaurant just next door.
The chalet is decorated in a Savoyard style, with charming exposed timber beams and pine furniture which is typical of this region. Set over three floors, the chalet has four en-suite bedrooms, sleeping up to 10 guests.
- Open plan living and dining room with two comfortable sofas, a TV and a large dining table
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster and cafetière
- Ski storage and boot warmers
- Bedroom with a large double bed (160 x 190cm) with an en-suite shower room and WC
- Bedroom with three single beds (90 x 190xm) with an en-suite shower room and WC
- Bedroom with two single beds (90 x 190cm) with an en-suite shower room and WC
- Bedroom with three single beds (90 x 190cm) with an en-suite shower room and WC
The price of your holiday includes :
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities for your chosen dates
- Bed linen with beds made on arrival
- Towels and bathrobes
- Mid stay cleaning with towel change
- End of stay cleaning
- Welcome basket
- Unlimited wifi access
Prices shown are per person based on 8 people sharing. This chalet can accommodate up to 10 people.
Classic Contactless Catering Service
This operator presents the next generation of chalet holidays, for a contactless world. Your chalet will be ready on arrival - beds made, dinner ready and fridges stocked*, wine-cellars replenished, skis and lift passes all booked. But you won't see them. They'll be at the end of the phone, but there will be no contact unless you need it. You and your family will be safe and looked after, as they work in the background, providing everything you need.
Their contactless catering service comes with the choice of two pricing options, a fixed menu with food and drink included in the price, and our à la carte option which allows you greater flexibility to eat and drink whatever you desire and the cost of the food is on supplement, at cost price, and depending on what produce you choose to order.
For those looking for a simple packaged chalet price, they are offering an all-inclusive price, which includes rental of the chalet and your food and drink for the week. Included will be breakfast, afternoon tea, a three-course dinner on 6 out of 7 nights, plus unlimited wine and some beers. They have prepared a delicious menu for the week, with a mix of ready prepared meals from a local delicatessen and easy to cook dishes or sides. All that will be required from you is to pop a few things in the oven and throw together a few ingredients to make a simple salad, or steam a few vegetables as sides to your main meal.
Perhaps you want the freedom to choose your own menus, or perhaps you'd prefer to eat out more than one evening during the week, or you just love to cook yourself and enjoy the holidays where you have time to do this in a relaxed way. That's where our à la carte contactless catering service comes in. As an alternative to the service detailed above, this operator will also offer a lower rate, which does not include the food and drink for the week and we will give you the opportunity to order the food and drink of your choice, at the local hypermarket rates, and bill you for this afterwards. Four days before arrival, you will receive a comprehensive provisions list with everything you could possibly need for your holiday. That might be oven-ready meals, or the ingredients you'll need for Bolognaise, Soufflés or Cheese Fondues. Dry goods, dairy, fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat or fish, beers, wines, champagne, whatever, all bought for you and stocked in advance.
The aim is to provide the safest possible environment for a ski holiday, whilst staying as affordable as possible. The new way to holiday will be by enjoying the facilities, food and beverages but without the staff waiting on you hand and foot. That will keep things safe and affordable. However, for those in search of a little more luxury, this operator is able to provide drivers, chefs, daily cleaning, ski lessons etc, all of which can be discussed at the time of booking or with their concierge service prior to arrival.
Contactless Catered service offers a more effortless holiday experience. The supplies you’ll need for breakfast every morning, afternoon snacks, pre-dinner nibbles and dinner for six evenings are included in your chalet so you can skip the hassle of meal planning and ingredient hunting and let us take care of everything.
All orders will be made with Savoyard delicatessens and supermarkets. Located in the French Alps for the last 30 years, this operator has a well-developed network of local partners, so they can guarantee fresh, local and of course tasty dishes.
Please find below the list of provisions your Classic chalet will be stocked with on arrival with a mid-week re-stock of any provisions that are needed.
- Coffee & de-caffeinated coffee, tea, herbal tea and hot chocolate
- Orange juice
- Selection of cereals
- Choice of eggs, bacon and yoghurts (natural and fruit)
- White and wholemeal bread
- Selection of marmalade, jam and honey
- And of course milk, sugar and butter
- Selection of biscuits, mini cakes, clementines, bananas and apples
- Nuts, crisps and aperitif crackers
- Drinks as noted below
- 6 starters, to heat up or simple dishes to put together
- 6 main dishes, the majority of which will be prepared by a local Savoyard delicatessen. One meal will be a simple dish to cook yourselves and there will be a raclette evening, where everyone cooks their own cheese, ideal for a chalet dinner.
- Desserts for the 6 days, with a mix of fruit tarts and individual portions of classic French desserts
- Choice of red and white wine
- Crème de Cassis for ‘Kir’ (a delicious French aperitif drink which you add to white wine)
- Blackcurrant and lemon cordial
- (hot drinks as noted for breakfast)
With the contactless service you will have much more freedom when it comes to dining. They'll supply and stock your fridge and cupboards behind the scenes so you can heat up and enjoy the dishes in the order you wish and at the time you want to eat. So if you fancy having cereal and yoghurt at 5pm then paté and pumpkin soup at 9pm you can!
Please note that for breakfast the supply of eggs, bacon and yoghurts is based on a choice of either yoghurt or 1-2 eggs and 1-2 rashers of bacon each day per person. It is not an unlimited supply. The beer supplied is not unlimited but should allow you to quench your thirst after a day on the slopes. Dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid is provided and we ask that you wash all the dishes and ensure the kitchen stays clean. Please note that there will be an extra charge if dishes are not washed and put away as this is not included in the mid-week and end of stay cleaning.
*The backstage team's work of organising and delivering provisions and cleaning the chalet is all included in the marked chalet price. If you choose the “Contactless catering service”, the price also includes all your food and drink for the week. We will provide you with breakfast every day, afternoon tea and snacks, pre-dinner nibbles, plus a three-course dinner on six of the seven nights, which also includes unlimited red and white wine and a few beers.
**Please note that for the à la carte option, all food, drink, ski hire and lift passes come at additional costs and are not included in the chalet price. Provisions will be billed at cost price and can be ordered from the list that will be sent out to you, and ski hire and lift passes can be booked in advance with our preferential rates. For our fixed menu option, the price does not include ski hire and lift passes, but it does include breakfast and afternoon tea for 7 days, plus a 3-course dinner with beer and wine for 6 days.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
In the event of an outbreak of COVID-19 and if the free cancellation period for your booking has passed*, you will be offered a holiday voucher to the value of the monies paid at the time of cancellation. Alternatively, you will be given the option to postpone until the corresponding week of the following year. This operator will do this for you at no extra cost, even if the cost of that week would otherwise have risen.
For your own complete reassurance, we also advise you to check the travel guidance given by both the French and your own country’s governments.
If free cancellation is no longer applicable and the accommodation is cancelled by this operator or by the client for one of the following reasons :
- The relevant local ski area is closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- The French government or local authorities has stipulated that holiday accommodation cannot operate
- There is a prohibition on movement of people that prevents clients from travelling to their booked holiday accommodation,
- The French government requires visitors to quarantine on arrival in France
- The FCO or equivalent government body for the client’s country of origin requires clients to quarantine on return from their holiday,
This Operator will offer the client a choice between the following options:
- Postpone the booking to the corresponding week the following year or the one after (depending on availability), in the same property, at no extra cost, even if the cost of that week would otherwise have risen
- Defer all monies paid onto a future holiday booking at any of their properties, taken any time in the next 2 years, and valid at properties across the whole of the group, summer or winter.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Please Note - This operator features two types of Contactless Catering, Classic and Premium. Please see the description above for full details on which of these two options is included with this holiday.
Chalet holidays are not new, but how they will work in Covid-times (and after Brexit) has required new thinking. This winter this operator will launch the next generation of Chalet Holidays for a contactless world. Ski Chalets will be ready on arrival - beds made, dinner ready, fridges stocked, wine-cellars replenished, skis and lift passes all booked. But you won’t see the chalet team. They’ll be at the end of the phone, but there will be no contact. You and your family will be safe and looked-after, as we work in the background, providing everything you need.
And how does it work?
Four days before arrival you'll be sent a comprehensive provisions list with everything you would want for your holiday. That might be oven-ready meals, or the ingredients you’ll need for Bolognaise, Soufflés or Cheese Fondues. Dry goods, dairy, fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat or fish, beers, wines, whatever, all bought for you and stocked in advance. Beds will be made, bathrobes and slippers in the bathrooms, logs in the fireplace. Midweek, when you are out skiing, the professional concierge team will be back. Towels changed, beds made, chalet fully cleaned, fridge restocked.
Is it expensive?
Of course, there’s a cost for providing the services but it’s built into the price. The provisions will be collected in advance will be billed transparently at cost price with no mark-up. However, the whole chalet will be better value than you’ll have paid last year. Why? Because you’ll be paying local professional staff to provision, clean and care for your chalet.
What if we want more, like our own chef?
This operator aims to provide the safest possible environment for a ski holiday, whilst offering affordability that is more important than ever. The new way to holiday will be by enjoying the facilities, food and beverages but without the staff waiting on you hand and foot. That will keep things safe and affordable. However, for those in search of a little more luxury, they are able provide drivers, chefs, daily cleaning, ski lessons etc, all of which can be discussed on booking or with our concierge service prior to arrival.
What measures are in place for protecting us from Covid?
Their teams have cleaning and safety protocols to follow and we have reinforced the cleaning process with the recommended products to ensure the safety for all. Particular attention is paid to frequent points of contact (door handles, remote controls, light switches). The chalet is thoroughly aired prior to arrival and staff wear masks and gloves at all time whilst working.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy