Nestled in the trees just off the Folyeres piste, Chalet Beau Vallon occupies an enviable location, perfect for your La Tania ski holiday!
Chalet Beau Vallon is spaciously laid out across 4 floors, with 6 comfortable en-suite bedrooms, sleeping up to 12 guests. The chalet features a cosy fire place in the large open-plan living/dining area, underfloor heating and all bedrooms have balconies.
The lower ground floor of the chalet comprises three twin bedrooms. On the ground floor you will find the entrance, lounge and dining area with balcony and the steps leading down to the ski room, which is spacious and equipped with heated boot warmers. The top floor is home to two twin and one double bedrooms.
Can be combined with next door sister Chalet James (12) for larger groups.
- Sleeps 12
- 6 bedrooms
- Piste-side location
- Nearest lift 200m
- Boot room with heated boot-warmers
- Ski-in / ski-out (20m)
Steps leading down to ski and boot room.
- Bedroom 1: Twin bedroom with en-suite bath (with shower) & WC, and balcony (shared with bedroom 2)
- Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom with en-suite shower & WC, and balcony (shared with bedroom 1)
- Bedroom 3 – Twin bedroom with en-suite bath (with shower) & WC, and private balcony
- Entrance, lounge and dining area with balcony. Separate WC.
- Bedroom 4 : Twin bedroom with en-suite bath (with shower head) & WC, and private balcony
- Bedroom 5: Twin bedroom with en-suite shower & WC, and balcony (shared with bedroom 6).
- Bedroom 6: Double (eaves) bedroom with en-suite bath (with shower head) & WC, and balcony (shared with bedroom 5).
Chalet Beau Vallon is located just a few metres from the bottom of the Folyeres piste. The piste is accessed via a short, snowy path through the trees. From here you can clip on your skis for the short ski down to the La Tania télécabine or ski school meeting points.
La Tania’s village centre (with tourist information, shops, bars and restaurants) is just a 5 minute walk from the chalet, and ski school meeting points can also be accessed on
- 7 nights' accommodation
- Available Catered (Half-Board) or Self-Catered
- Bed linen and towels for the week
- Lift pass pre-booking and delivery
- The services of our office and in-resort teams
- Free WiFi
Catered stays include half-board catering. This comprises:
- Breakfast; 5 days continental breakfast with hot option; 2 days self-service continental
- Daily afternoon tea; including homemade cake or biscuits, fresh baguette and hot drinks
- 3-course evening meal on 6 evenings*
- House wine; bottled red and white wine, during dinner
- Children’s high tea; two courses (if required)
- Dedicated Chalet Host
- Daily light housekeeping
*All catered 7 night holidays will include one full chalet host day off and one additional morning off. Please note any shorter stays (including 3 and 4 night short breaks) will still include a full day off for the chalet host. Self-service continental breakfast and afternoon tea are provided on these days; please note evening meal is not included for the chalet host day off.
Arrival & departure
- Check-in is from 16:00. Bag storage may be available for early arrivals, please do check with us when booking.
- Self check-in is available for self-catered bookings.
For catered bookings:
- If you book flights that will give you a resort arrival time of after 20:30 (under normal travel conditions), you will be offered a light supper of bread, cheese and charcuterie, as opposed to the usual three course meal.
- If you book flights that will give you a resort arrival time of after 22:00 (you will be offered a light supper as above, but you will also need pay an out of hours ‘meet and greet’ supplement of €50 to be settled into your accommodation.
- We ask that you vacate the chalet by 10:00.
- Bag storage for later departures is sometimes available, please check with us when booking.
- If you wish to ski on your departure day or are departing later in the day, please note that we cannot guarantee availability of any facilities (including shower or changing) after check-out at 10:00, as our chalet teams will be cleaning the property thoroughly for the next arriving guests.
- Please be understanding that arriving guests have exclusive use of the chalet from 16:00 onwards. Any stored bags must be collected prior to 15:00; there will be no access after this time.
Not included in your stay:
- Taxe de Séjour (the local tourist tax)
- Airport transfers
- Lift pass
- Equipment hire
- Ski school
- Late arrival or departure supplements
- Optional extras (towel change, cases of lager, premium wines and Champagne)
Midweek towel change: add a midweek towel change to your booking for €10 per person.
Lager or Premium Wine: You can pre-order cases of lager or a selection of premium red and white wine, along with rosé, Prosecco and Champagne to enjoy along with the wine provided as part of your holiday.
Local Taxes (Taxe de Séjour)
The local council charges a tourist tax; this tax is not included in the price of your stay. It is charged separately at a cost of €3 per person per night and is applicable to anyone aged 18+.
Important Covid-19 refund promise.
To provide you with the confidence to plan your next trip, this operator has implemented an additional Covid-19 policy, which is applicable to all bookings made from 21st August 2020 with them.
If you are unable to travel to France or the resorts in which their properties are located, or if they are unable to provide their service, specifically due to government-initiated Covid-19 related travel or operational restrictions, you can choose to receive a refund for the full cost of your trip, or transfer your booking to the following season. This is applicable on the day of booked arrival.
To ensure this clause is used only in the spirit it was intended, the refund or transfer is only applicable if your whole group are required to cancel due to one or more of the below:
- Official government restrictions imposed in the country you are to depart from prohibiting your travel, relating specifically to Covid-19. In the UK this is specifically the FCDO advising against all but essential travel.
- The French authorities impose regional or national restrictions which result in the closure of the French border, related specifically to Covid-19.
- The French authorities impose a mandatory quarantine period on arrival into France for all travellers from your country of departure, related specifically to Covid-19.
- The French government imposes restrictions that prevent us from operating in the manner required to provide our accommodation and catering service, related specifically to Covid-19.
- Winter bookings only: The whole ski area in which you are due to spend your ski holiday is confirmed by the authorities to be closed for the entire duration of your trip, related specifically to Covid-19.
For all other instances, the operator's standard terms and conditions apply. All deposit and final balance payment dates remain as per the standard terms and conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, they are not able to refund or transfer bookings for other reasons including (but not exclusive to):
- Quarantine on return to your home country
- The requirement of Covid testing (at either end of, or during, your trip)
- Any failure to meet regulations in place (for example vaccination requirements)
- Any other companies failing to provide their service (for example bars and restaurants being instructed to close, and transport cancellations).
- Curtailment of your trip after your arrival into resort
This Covid-19 clause is therefore not a substitute for a travel insurance product. As per their booking conditions, all guests must still have an adequate travel insurance policy in place, which should offer you a range of benefits, for example cancellation, luggage and personal items, medical cover for conditions or accidents, and additional Covid-19 cover.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
All of this operators chalet hosts, whilst not catering professionals, are trained to cook to a carefully pre-planned menu. They'll aim to provide quality home cooking that is delicious and plentiful.
Whether your holiday will involve first lifts and fresh tracks, or mid-morning starts and leisurely lunches, they’ll be up and about working hard to get your day off to the best possible start (and they'll try to be quiet - promise!). You can enjoy a hearty breakfast with a choice of cereals and muesli, accompanied by yoghurt and fresh baguette with butter and jams. They also offer a hot option on 5 of 7 mornings during your stay.
Every afternoon you'll return to the chalet after skiing to find a delicious afternoon tea waiting to be demolished! You'll tuck into a range of teas, freshly brewed coffee, fresh baguette and butter, jams and chocolate spread. Oh, and let's not forget the freshly baked cake or biscuits of the day.
You are equally well catered for in the evenings, where you will sit down to a delicious three-course meal, accompanied by bottled red and white wines (unlimited throughout the meal). They'll also provide you with the option to pre-purchase some upgraded wines (including Rosé), Prosecco or Champagne to enjoy during your stay.
Children are also well catered for and will be served a two-course children’s ‘high tea’ earlier than the adult evening meal - see example children's menu below. To drink, the younger guests will be offered a selection of cordials, fruit juice or water. They regret they can’t supply fizzy drinks.
Breakfast: Every morning you will be offered the choice of cereals and muesli, accompanied by yoghurt and fresh baguette with butter and jams. On 5 mornings this will be accompanied by a ‘hot option’ such as bacon and eggs, and porridge on request.
Afternoon Tea: Help yourselves to biscuits or a slice of cake with tea and coffee every afternoon.
Evening Meal: On 6 evenings they will provide their usual dinner party style dining and you’ll still have one night to make the most of one of their local restaurants.
Canapes & cheeseboard: add daily pre-dinner canapés and a glass of Prosecco, plus an after-dinner cheese board with port on one night of your stay. Available for exclusive use bookings only. £35 per person, per week.
Upgraded Wine: You can pre-book a selection of upgraded red and white wine, along with rosé, Prosecco and Champagne to enjoy along with the wine provided as part of your holiday.
Example Evening Menu
French Onion Soup
Beef Bourguignon with Spring Onion Mash, Soy & Garlic Spinach and Green Beans
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
Tomato & Mozzarella Caprese Salad
Herb-crusted Salmon served with Ribboned Vegetables, Tagliatelle and a White Wine Cream Sauce
Lemon Posset with Shortbread
As standard, children under 12 years are served their evening meal eat at an earlier time than the adult evening meal. The children's earlier dinner will be served between 5.30pm - 6.30pm.
We have included their standard children’s menu below. They would much rather children eat food that they enjoy, so if there is anything in the menu you feel they simply won’t eat, please do let us know well in advance of arrival and they will adapt the menu accordingly.
Example Children's Menu
Home-made Chicken Goujons with Potato Wedges and Peas
Chocolate Brownie & Ice Cream
Some parents may prefer their children to eat a small portion of the adult evening meal at the same time as the adults. They are happy to accommodate this for exclusive chalet bookings. They regret they can’t accommodate this in shared chalets.
It is usually not possible to serve a children’s menu at the same time as the adult menu. Most chalet kitchens are domestic in nature, and it simply isn’t logistically possible to produce two completely different menus at the same time. If you would like your young children to eat the evening with the adult in an exclusive use chalet, they will normally need to eat from the adult menu (or a simplified version of the adult menu).
Chalet Hosts' Day Off
The chalet hosts have one full day and one morning off per week. Prior to departing on the evening before their mornings off, a self-service breakfast will be laid out. Early in the morning, fresh bread will be delivered to your chalet. Afternoon tea will be available when you return for skiing in the afternoon. The evening of the full day off is an excellent opportunity to try out one of the excellent local restaurants. Their resort team will be happy to make a reservation on your behalf.
Special Dietary Requirements
The model of a catered chalet holiday is based on a pre-selected set menu, served to the whole chalet for the duration of your stay. Ingredients are pre-ordered and delivered to resort well in advance of your stay. Additionally, their hosts are not catering professionals and it is essential they have the time to prepare for requirements that deviate from the set menu. It is this model that allows us to provide competitively priced ski holidays in all of their resorts. It also helps us ensure that their hosts working hours are in line with the legal regulations.
Many catered chalet operators are now charging for special dietary requirements, at anywhere up to £75pp/pw. They aim to continue to be able to cater for special dietary requirements at no extra cost.*
To do this, they need your help. It is essential that all special dietary requirements and allergies are communicated to us a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your holiday to allow us to add these into the ordering cycle.
Any requirements communicated after this time, or upon arrival in resort, will be subject to a locally payable surcharge of €45. Late notice also means they may be unable to cater for your requirements on the first night of your holiday.
It is the group leader’s responsibility to inform us of any dietary requirements their party may have.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy