Haus Hochkar and neighbour, Haus Gamskar, are ruthlessly engineered for the skier and a short glide on skis to the lifts and nursery slopes at Nasserein. St Anton chalets which allow for skiing directly from the door are few and far between.
Haus Hochkar and Gamskar have been carefully engineered and ruthlessly tailored to gratify the contemporary skier. No Alpine kitsch here, just straight-lines, comfort and space. Spacious bedrooms, smart contemporary bathrooms (with heated walls behind the towel rails … clever), an outsized living area and buckets of hot water.
The infamous Tom Dooley’s Bar is next door but one, the bars and restaurants of Nasserein are a quick toboggan ride or few hundred yard walk away and the pulsating roar of central St Anton nightlife is a ten-minute stroll. Fabulous for families and those who like the click of bindings a few steps from the front door. These are the ultimate luxury chalets in St Anton, we're sure of that.
The rooms in Haus Hochkar are identical to those in Haus Gamskar. The additional fifth bedroom means this chalet can sleep 10 - 11 guests. All rooms can be made up as Twin or Double beds and there is an additional single bed charged at half the adult price.
A short glide on skis from the lifts, kindergarten, ski school and nursery slopes, a 250m walk from the ski shop, bars and restaurants in Nasserein and a 10-minute stroll into the heart of St Anton.
- Ski from the door
- Flat screen TV in every bedroom
- Music system
- WiFi in all rooms
- DVD player
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- Ski room with boot warmers
- Outdoor parking
- Chalet catering
- Welcome champagne & canapés
- Wake up drinks
- Daily cleaning (6 days)
- Complimentary toiletries
- Resort film & board games library
- Use of chalet iPad
- Ski hosting
Double/Twin with additional bed, balcony, en suite bath, hand basin and WC. (Additional bed charged at half the adult price). Space for cot.
Double/Twin with balcony, en suite shower, hand basin and WC. Space for cot.
Double/Twin with en suite shower, hand basin and WC. Space for cot.
Double/Twin with en suite shower, hand basin and WC. Space for cot.
Double/Twin with balcony, en suite shower, hand basin and WC.
Please Note - Flights and transfers are not included on 6th December 2017 departures.
Saver WeekSave £100pp on all January departures and the 14th March.
All our catered ski chalet holidays include;
- Continental breakfast with a cooked option on 6 mornings
- Afternoon tea will be left in the chalet for you to help yourself to freshly made cake or biscuits, bread & jams, selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate
- Canapés on the first and last evening
- 3-course evening meal (6 nights) followed by cheese board and coffee
- A choice of red and white wine is served throughout dinner
BreakfastTo prepare you for your day on the mountain, for breakfast you can tuck into croissants and pain au chocolat, yoghurts, bread, jam, honey, selection of cereals, porridge, and cooked breakfast plus orange juice, coffee & a selection of teas.
Afternoon teaWaiting for you on your return from a day on the mountain you can expect delights such as Death by Chocolate Cookies, Banana & Nutella Muffins, Date Slice and Carrot Cake
StartersFor those who prefer the savoury course how about; Sweet potato, coconut lime & chilli soup; beetroot & goat’s cheese stack with fig chutney or red onion and brie tart
MainsFor main course, your host will freshly prepare dishes such as;
- Coq au Vin Blanc, served with hasselback potatoes, vichy carrots & garlic green beans
- Teriyaki Beef, served with coconut rice & stir-fried vegetables
- Cod loin, served with bubble and squeak cake, mange toute and salsa verde
- Pork tenderloin & boudin noir, served with apple puree, garlic potatoes, savoy cabbage & gravy
DessertIf you still have room you can then enjoy something sweet, such as; Baked lemon cheesecake; sticky toffee pudding with orange toffee sauce or chocolate mint mousse cake
Cheese & CoffeeRetire to the lounge and enjoy a fresh coffee and a selection of cheeses. The dishes above are examples of what you can expect on the menu, please note it is not a confirmed menu for the upcoming season. Special dietary requests can be catered for, please advise at the time of booking.
Choose alternative dishesMany of our guests have commented that occasionally, after a hard day skiing (and often quite a substantial lunch on the mountain), they would prefer to see a more simple dish on the menu, or maybe a lighter option. We’ve listened to your requests and can now offer the following menu choices which can be ‘switched in’ from our standard menu plan. Simply select the dish you wish to switch (listed below 1-5), and select the dish you wish to replace it with (listed below A-G).
- Coq au Vin Blanc, served with Hasselback Potatoes, Vichy Carrots & Garlic Green Beans
- Teriyaki Beef, served with Coconut Rice & Stir-fried Vegetables
- Roasted Duck Leg, served with Pearl Barley, Butternut Squash, Carrot and Orange Puree
- Cod Loin, served with Bubble and Squeak Cake, Mange tout and Salsa Verde
- Pork Tenderloin & Boudin Noir, served with Apple Puree, Garlic Potatoes, Savoy Cabbage & Gravy
‘Switch’ in choices (LO = light option)
- Tartiflette with Charcuterie and green salad
- Gourmet burgers with chunky chips
- Homemade Lasagne and green salad
- Savoyard Salad (LO)
- Pan-fried Sea Bream with sizzled ginger, chilli & red onion (LO)
- Lemon Baked chicken and warm quinoa salad (LO)
- Vietnamese Chicken & Mint Salad (LO)
Important notesDinner on the first Sunday evening cannot be switched. This is only available for whole chalet bookings and the whole group must all agree on the ‘switch’ i.e. only one dish can be served each night (vegetarians/ special dietary requirements will of course still be catered for). Menu switches must be advised no later than 2 weeks prior to travel in order for us to pass on the details to your chalet host. No limit to switches, you can switch just one, or all 5 meals.
Dietary requestsWe do understand a holiday can sometimes be stressful particularly if you, or one of your family have food allergies or special dietary requirements. Our mission is simple; to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible. So, to that end we will do everything we can to cater for your needs. Whilst our menu is planned, it is not set in stone, we will always do our best to accommodate preferences and requests. Unfortunately, most ski resorts simply do not offer the huge selection of Gluten, Lactose or Dairy free products available in UK supermarkets. That said, if you have any dietary requests, food intolerances or food allergies, we will do our upmost to plan the menu to suit your needs. Have special dietary requests? In order to plan the menu and source relevant ingredients it is important that you advise us at the time of booking (or at least two weeks before you depart for your holiday). If you have any questions or concerns, one of our Executive Chefs would be more than happy to speak with you personally to ensure you have the confidence we can deliver a chalet holiday to remember. Please call 020 8313 3999 if you wish to discuss your dietary requirements.
Sample children's menuOur chalet hosts serve high tea for children around 5.30-6pm. We require all children under 12 to take high tea unless you book the whole chalet. If you book the whole chalet and would rather your children eat with you later then please advise us at the time of booking along with any dietary requirements your child may have. Our children's menus are very adaptable and the chalet host will discuss with you on arrival to tailor meals to your children's liking.
- Children’s tartiflette
- Crispy chicken goujons with potato wedges and baked beans
- Spaghetti Bolognese or carbonara with cheesy garlic bread
- Crusty Cottage Pie with peas and sweetcorn
- Make-it-yourself pizza with carrots and broccoli
- Chicken and vegetable stir-fry
- Apple crumble
- Jelly and Ice-cream
- Molten chocolate pudding
- Baked bananas with toffee sauce
- Fruit skewers with chocolate and yoghurt dipping sauces
- Rice pudding with fruit coulis
Red or White?Our wines are selected by our Chalet Sommelier, Xavier Rousset. Chief Sommelier at the Hotel du Vin from 1999 to 2004 and Ruinart UK Sommelier of the Year in 2002, Xavier then became the youngest Master Sommelier in the world. After working as Head Sommelier at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Xavier opened his own restaurant, Texture, with Head Chef, Agnar Sverrisson in 2007. We are all privileged to enjoy Xavier’s advice and share in his passion. Alongside our 4 house wines, we have a selection of upgrade wines available to purchase in our chalets. Please click here to see the available wines. Please note: Alternative wine and other beverages are available to purchase from the bar at Altitude Lodge in Les Gets, Hotel Montjola in St Anton and Hotel Theodul in Lech, but will differ from those listed. Wine selection may differ across our resorts, please ask your Chalet Host for the upgrade wine list in your resort
Upgrade your stay with our additional servicesWe're renowned for offering excellent service and superb cuisine but if you're looking to upgrade your stay, why not choose from our optional extras.
Platinum Taster - £50pppnSample the highlights of our Platinum Service on up to three evenings during your stay with our Platinum Taster. You'll enjoy pre-dinner drinks and canapes, a bespoke menu planned by our executive chef, selected fine wines, cheese and after dinner chocolates and port.
Chef Service - from £180ppAll our chalet hosts undertake our comprehensive training to deliver our fantastic menu but if you fancy yourself as a bit of a foodie, why not select our Chef Service upgrade? Your private chef will call before you travel to discuss a personalised menu plan. You'll also get a selection of upgraded wines, unlimited complimentary mini bar and post dinner port and chocolates.
Beer & aperitif upgrade - £35ppOur standard service includes canapes and champagne on the first and last evenings, but if you enjoy swapping stories over a drinks and nibbles, why not opt for this upgrade. We'll include a selection of nibbles and an aperitif on six evenings as well as unlimited beer. Upgrades are subject to availability and terms. Please call our Sales Team on 020 8313 3999 for more information.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy