The Bergland hotel is the oldest established hotel in Sölden. Its history dates back 60 years. In recent years though, the hotel was completely rebuilt and it now has the perfect mix of modern design and traditional values. It has an enviable location in the centre of the village, and just a few minutes' walk to the Centre Shuttle cable car, which gives access to the entire Sölden ski area. This fantastic hotel also has a fabulous 1,700m² Sky Spa with breathtaking views of the Öztal mountains, for you to unwind and rejuvenate.
If you're a fan of 007 then this should be your only choice in Sölden - it was good enough for Bond while filming Spectre. You could even stay in the 212m², three-bedroom Gipfel suite that Daniel Craig stayed in.
- Central resort location, 5 minutes' walk to the main gondolas.
- 1,700m² Sky Spa area with indoor pool, saunas, steam room and more.
- Modern lounge with adjoining bar and open fireplace.
- Weekly activity programme with ski guiding, snowshoe walking and yoga.
- central location
- 5 minutes' walk to the Gaislachkogel and Giggijoch gondolas
- ski bus stop outside
All rooms have a seating area, rocking chair, flatscreen cable TV, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, mini bar, safe and free WiFi, and are non-smoking.
- Standard twin room (36m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, separate WC and balcony.
- Komfort twin room (43m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath and shower, separate WC and balcony.
- James bond suite (212m²) - sleeps 2-6: South facing with three Austrian twin bedrooms, separate lounge with fireplace and dining area, three bathrooms and WCs, and panoramic balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- lounge with adjoining bar and open fireplace
- wine cellar
- 1700m² Sky Spa area with indoor pool, saunas, steam room and relaxation area with water beds
- extra charge for spa beauty treatments and massage
- complimentary fresh fruit, water, tea, juice and nuts in the Sky Spa
- weekly ski guiding
- weekly activity programme including ice climbing, curling, snowshoe walks, yoga and gymnastics
- fitness room
- lift to all floors
- heated boot room
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 5-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- weekly gala dinner
- weekly speciality buffet
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
There is an extra charge for infants aged up to two years.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy