The Alpinhotel Maistatt, formerly Hotel Mitterhofer, looks like it’s from a postcard – it's got heaps of classic Austrian charm, from its red and yellow walls to the blue wooden balconies. Inside, the chunky pine furniture and wood clad walls have that traditional alpine vibe, and in the rooms things are comfy and simple. Location-wise, you’re a 10-minute stroll away from Schladming’s historic centre, and you can either walk to the lifts six minutes away or hop on the free ski bus to get you there in a flash.
The hotel’s got some fab facilities, which are just the ticket if relaxing is on your holiday agenda. Switch off with a session dipping between the sauna and steam room, or for some fresh mountain air, go for a soak outside in the toe-tingling water. The cherry on top? You can swim out from inside the spa area. There’s also a bar and lounge ready for après o’clock, so head here once you’re back from the mountain and swap ski stories over a tipple.
When it comes to food, you’ll kick things off with the most important meal of the day at the breakfast buffet, so grab a plate and pile it high. And you’re in for a treat in the evenings, with a 4-course set menu of Austrian specialities mixed with flavours from other parts of the world.
- Go for a swim in the steamy outdoor pool.
- Find your fave spot to unwind in the sauna and steam room.
- Authentic Austrian hotel with a friendly feel.
- Outdoor pool
- Best for families
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meal with table service and salad and starter buffet
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala meals are included
- Vegetarian options are available
- Gluten-free options are available on request
Please note: This hotel can't cater for vegan diets.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
- 10 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 6 minutes' walk to the Planai West lift and Rohrmoos 1 chair lift the ski school meeting point
- Ski school meeting point at the top of the Rohrmoos 1 chair lift
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with English channels, free WiFi, hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers.
Twin room (approx. 25m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin room (approx. 35m²) - sleeps 3: Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed in bedroom, private shower or bath, WC and balcony.
Junior suite (approx. 40m²) - sleeps 4: Austrian twin beds, bunk beds in separate bedroom, private shower or bath, WC and balcony.
Single room (approx. 18m²) - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin room (approx. 35m²) - sleeps 4: Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed in bedroom, private bath, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
Cots are available to hire for approx. €10 a night, payable locally.
- Heated outdoor pool with indoor access
- Sauna and steam room
- Bar and lounge
- Kids' play area
- Sun terrace
- Free WiFi
- Boot room with heated boot rack
- Lift to all floors
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy