The Sport Kristall is a tempting option for a ski holiday in Kaprun. Family Vötter and the team have worked really hard to make this place something special - and they've even managed to squeeze in a classic car museum.
Location-wise it's very peaceful, but still close to the centre of town – and with the ski bus stopping right outside the hotel, you've got easy access to the Kitzsteinhorn glacier and over to the Schmittenhöhe ski area.
The Sport Kristall's rooms are extremely comfortable – they're traditionally furnished, in-keeping with its country-house origins, and the large picture windows keep them bright and cheery while providing you with some superb views of the area.
If you fancy a bit of that pampering after a day on the slopes, head on down to the Kristall Spa. This modern wellness centre has plenty of highlights including an outdoor whirlpool, indoor pools, a selection of saunas and lots of space for just relaxing. There are also dedicated treatment and massage rooms and a mini-gym
- Ski bus stops outside for the resort and ski area, including Kitzsteinhorn.
- Superb Kristall Spa with massages, beauty and spa treatments available.
- Indoor pool, saunas, steam room, infrared cabin and outdoor whirlpool.
- Children's playroom with toys, and outdoor winter play area for children.
- peaceful location
- 7 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- free ski bus stops outside
- 5 minutes to the Maiskogel for direct access to the glacier
- 10 minutes' walk to the Schaufelberg lift
All bedrooms have bathrobes, hairdryer, minibar, satellite TV, safe, telephone, free WiFi and balcony.
- Small Double Room - sleeps 1-2: Queen bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Small Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Triple Room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Family Room - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available. Beds are separable on request (not double).
- indoor pool
- Kristall Spa with sauna, steam room, fitness room, infrared cabin, and an outdoor whirlpool (weather dependent)
- extra charge for beauty treatments and massages
- children's playroom with toys provided
- outdoor winter play area for children
- cpsy bar with open fire and weekly live music
- free WiFi
- winter garden
- sun terrace
- 50 bedrooms
- free entry to Oldtimer vintage car museum
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- après ski snack
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- early meals for children
- Christmas Day and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
There is no lift access to the Maiskogel family rooms in the front wing.
Smoking is allowed in the bar after 7pm.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy