Arguably the best location in Wengen. The Hotel Silberhorn is opposite the train station (which you use to get into resort as well as up the mountain) or if you prefer to take the gondola then that's only 200 metres away, three minutes walk in ski boots. To top it off you can ski back to the hotel via a tree-lined blue run. It's a location that's hard to beat in Wengen, it was one of the first hotels built in the resort and almost every room has views of the Jungfrau.
The hotel itself has a great restaurant full of Swiss classics from cheese, meat or chocolate fondue to Raclette and Rosti, the staff are super friendly too. We particularly like the bar area with a real cabin sort of vibe, roaring open fire, dark wood benches and plenty of board games and darts. There's also a cosy library with leather sofas to sink into whilst getting stuck into a book. Or, if you love a good spa session after skiing then you won't be disappointed with the saunas, steam room, indoor and outdoor hot tubs as well as a relaxing rest zone with panoramic views.
The Hotel Silberhorn is at the bottom of the blue 36 piste back into resort. The train that takes you up the mountain each day is opposite the hotel or the gondola is a three minute walk away. You are in the centre of town as well, so its thumbs up all round.
What we like
- Opposite the train station to take you up the mountain each day
- Can ski back to the hotel on a blue run
- Decent spa area or bar depending on your apres style
- The train takes longer to get up the mountain than the gondola, but the queues in the morning are much shorter and it goes straight to the heart of the ski terrain
- There is a nude area in the spa, but you can take a towel with you
- There's a hairdresser, jewellery shop, sports shop, laundry service and ski school all within the hotel
- Doorstep skiing
- Steam room
- Ski lockers
Each of the 63 rooms have mountain views and those with a Jungfrau view also have a balcony. There are tea and coffee making facilities in each room as well as a radio, TV, minibar, safe and hairdryer.
Standard rooms have twin or a double bed and there is a bath in the ensuite. Some rooms have a sofa bed.
Approx. 27m2, sleeps max. 2 adults and 2 children
Double Jungfrau view
Jungfrau rooms have twin or a double bed and there is a bath in the ensuite. There is also a balcony and a sofa bed can be provided.
Approx. 27m2, sleeps max. 4
Single Jungfrau room
The single Jungfrau rooms still have a balcony but just with a single bed and a bath in the ensuite.
Approx. 15m2, Sleeps max. 1
- Breakfast room
- Public bar
- Outdoor terrace
- Bio sauna
- Finnish sauna
- Steam room
- Hot tub
- Kneipp pool (foot pool, not for swimming)
- Relaxation room (with panoramic views)
- Fitness room
- Conference facilities
This is a tailor-made holiday and any prices are intended as a guide only.
Please call us for an accurate costing on 020 8313 3999.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy