Ideally located in the centre of Pila, the Lion Noir is close to the shops and restaurants and offers doorstep skiing right onto the piste.
As the oldest hotel in Pila, it retains its traditional rustic charm in the bar area – great for a post-ski drink – while the rest of the hotel has a modern style with an indoor pool, spacious bedrooms and panoramic views across the Aosta valley.
- Ski-in, ski-out hotel, less than 1 minute from the Chamole chairlift.
- Indoor swimming pool and sauna.
- Spacious bar and lounge with sun terrace and stunning views.
- Offering great value for money with modern and spacious rooms.
- central location
- 50m from the Chamole chairlift
- 15 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have a satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer and minibar.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private shower, WC and balcony.
Cots are available to hire, free of charge. Please request at time of booking. Prices are subject to change.
Please note: Children under 12 years are not permitted in balcony rooms.
- spectacular views
- free ski lockers for each room
- sun terrace
- free indoor pool (4pm-7pm, swimming caps must be worn, towels are free)
- table tennis
- table football
- lounge/bar with TV
- dining room
- free WiFi
- lift (to third floor)
- 36 bedrooms
- buffet breakfast
- 3-course evening meals with a choice of menu, and salad and starter buffets
- New Year's Eve gala dinner included
- pre-packed breakfasts available for departure days
Good to know
Swimming caps must be worn in the pool.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Italy and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy