If you’re looking for a traditional mountain chalet hotel with heaps of local Italian hospitality, then the Hotel Chacaril is just the ticket. The friendly team are on hand in this small, nine-roomed hotel and nothing is ever too much trouble. Ideal for groups of families and couples, it’s possible to book all nine rooms for an exclusive chalet feel. Or if you don’t need all nine, you’ll always be made to feel part of the welcoming family.
With a stunning mountainous backdrop, the hotel’s just a couple of minutes’ walk from the Baby Pila lift, so getting onto the mountain each day is quick and easy. And when you’re finished, the Baby Pila blue run finishes just across from the hotel. Not skiing? Pila’s village centre is less than 5 minutes’ walk with a small collection of shops and cafés. Or take a dip in the outdoor whirlpool and soak amongst the bubbles.
The rooms are a reasonable size and have been recently modernised with some contemporary styling. With basic facilities, they provide great value-for-money, comfortable accommodation with a homely atmosphere.
Start each day with a hot and cold buffet breakfast offering fresh croissants, fruits and juices as well as eggs, bacon and sausages – ideal for setting you up to get out on the slopes. In the evenings, sit down to a home-cooked feast of regional cuisine from the Aosta valley. There’s a salad and starter buffet followed by a choice of three first course and three main course dishes.
- 5 minutes’ walk to the resort centre
- 2 minutes’ walk to the nearest lift – Baby Pila
- Ski school meeting point at the hotel – 12 minutes’ walk to ski school
- 6 minutes’ walk to the nursery slopes
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi and a hairdryer
- Double room – sleeps 2: double bed, private shower and WC.
- Twin room – sleeps 2-3: Twin beds and a single sofa bed when booked for 3 people, private shower and WC.
- Twin room – sleeps 2-4: Twin beds, bunk beds OR a double sofa bed when booked for 3 or 4 people, private shower and WC.
Cots are available free of charge. Please request at the time of booking.
Food and drink
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 3-course evening meals with salad buffet and choice of 3 first and 3 main dishes
- Christmas and New Year gala meals included
- Hotel bar
- Lunge with fireplace
- Sun terrace
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor whirlpool
- Ski room with heated boot racks
Good to know
Please note there is no lift in this property.
An approximate fee of €0.80 per person per night.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy