If you’re looking for a traditional mountain chalet hotel with heaps of local Italian hospitality, then the Hotel Chacaril is just the ticket. The friendly team are on hand in this small, nine-roomed hotel and nothing is ever too much trouble. Ideal for groups of families and couples, it’s possible to book all nine rooms for an exclusive chalet feel. Or if you don’t need all nine, you’ll always be made to feel part of the welcoming family.
With a stunning mountainous backdrop, the hotel’s just a couple of minutes’ walk from the Baby Pila lift, so getting onto the mountain each day is quick and easy. And when you’re finished, the Baby Pila blue run finishes just across from the hotel. Not skiing? Pila’s village centre is less than 5 minutes’ walk with a small collection of shops and cafés. Or take a dip in the outdoor whirlpool and soak amongst the bubbles.
The rooms are a reasonable size and have been recently modernised with some contemporary styling. With basic facilities, they provide great value-for-money, comfortable accommodation with a homely atmosphere.
Start each day with a hot and cold buffet breakfast offering fresh croissants, fruits and juices as well as eggs, bacon and sausages – ideal for setting you up to get out on the slopes. In the evenings, sit down to a home-cooked feast of regional cuisine from the Aosta valley. There’s a salad and starter buffet followed by a choice of three first course and three main course dishes.
- 5 minutes’ walk to the resort centre
- 2 minutes’ walk to the nearest lift – Baby Pila
- Ski school meeting point at the hotel – 12 minutes’ walk to ski school
- 6 minutes’ walk to the nursery slopes
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi and a hairdryer
- Double room – sleeps 2: double bed, private shower and WC.
- Twin room – sleeps 2-3: Twin beds and a single sofa bed when booked for 3 people, private shower and WC.
- Twin room – sleeps 2-4: Twin beds, bunk beds OR a double sofa bed when booked for 3 or 4 people, private shower and WC.
Cots are available free of charge. Please request at the time of booking.
Food and drink
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 3-course evening meals with salad buffet and choice of 3 first and 3 main dishes
- Christmas and New Year gala meals included
- Hotel bar
- Lunge with fireplace
- Sun terrace
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor whirlpool
- Ski room with heated boot racks
Good to know
Please note there is no lift in this property.
An approximate fee of €0.80 per person per night.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy