The Grand Paradiso is a high-quality hotel in an ideal location. Just behind the building is the Serodine chairlift, giving access to the south-facing beginner slopes and linking to the Ponte di Legno gondola, while a two-minute walk over the road is the Paradiso gondola, which whisks you up to the Presena glacier.
The hotel itself is second to none in Passo Tonale. Its warm, contemporary rooms are tastefully furnished with natural stone and wood to create a cosy mountain atmosphere, while the communal areas are subtly stylish with great views of the valley. There are two onsite restaurants where guests can enjoy their evening meals. The main restaurant serves a range of fine local foods and regional wines – with the bar downstairs having separate areas dedicated to different Italian tipples – while the Pasta & Pizza à la carte restaurant (one visit per week is included on half-board, drinks not included) serves up classic favourites - just like it says on the tin. There's also a bar with warm and cosy seating areas for a chilled-out evening indoors.
There’s a wellness centre with a grotto-style indoor swimming pool and hot tub, alongside a multitude of treatment rooms, saunas, special showers and a steam room to relax in (local charges apply). Alternatively, you can hit the fully-equipped gym, or have some fun in the games room. There's a heated boot room with your own allocated locker, plus ski hire is on-site, so no need to lug your equipment around town.
If you've got the little ones in tow, they'll be well looked after in the Pepi Penguin Nursery or Beanie Bear Club, which are based in the hotel. Your kids will have trampolines, soft play and any number of games to play with when they're not out in the snow.
The rest of town is a short walk or free public ski bus away, but with so much to do in the hotel and at your doorstep, you'll really have no need to go any further.
- Virtually ski-in, ski-out, 2 minutes' walk to the gondola up to the Presena glacier.
- Wine and soft drinks included with dinner and one visit to the Italian à la carte restaurant.
- Spa area with saunas, steam room, fitness centre and hot tub.
- Childcare for children aged 6 months to 8 years on selected season dates.
- Virtually ski-in, ski-out
- 1 minute's walk to the chairlift
- 2 minute's walk to the gondola
- 10 minutes' walk to the ski school
- 10 minutes' walk to the resort centre
All rooms have a satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer, minibar and safe. Cots are available on request.
- Single room (ground floor) - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
- Twin room (ground floor) - sleeps 2-4: twin beds or double bed, extra single or double sofa bed when booked for three or four people, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: twin beds or double bed, private shower and WC.
- Quad room - sleeps 2-4: twin beds, two single beds, private shower and WC.
- Quad mezzanine room - sleeps 2-5: split-level room with a double room on entry level and a triple room with three single on the mezzanine level, private shower and WC.
- Deluxe twin room (ground floor) - sleeps 2: twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Deluxe twin room - sleeps 2-3: twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private shower and WC.
- Deluxe twin room with balcony - sleeps 2-4: twin beds, extra single or double sofa bed when booked for three or four people, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Junior suite (ground floor) - sleeps 2-3: twin beds, extra single sofa bed when booked for three people, private shower and WC.
- Junior suite with balcony- sleeps 2-4: twin beds, extra single or double sofa bed when booked for three or four people, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Suite (ground floor) - sleeps 2-3: twin bedroom, living room with single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
- Suite with balcony - sleeps 2-4: twin bedroom, living room with single or double sofa bed, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
- Princess suite - sleeps 4: two twin bedrooms, living room, two bathrooms with private whirlpool bath, shower, WC and balcony, plus tea and coffee making facilities. Some suites are spread over two floors, so not suitable for disabled people.
Food and drink
- Extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Buffet evening meals at the main restaurant with unlimited drinks from 7-9.30pm (wine, water and soft drinks only)
- One meal per week at the Pizza & Pasta à la carte restaurant including wine, beer or soft drink (must be booked locally)
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included (smart casual dress required)
Please note: Men are required to wear long trousers and closed shoes for dinner.
- Hotel bar
- Extra charge for wellness centre with whirlpool, Finnish sauna, steam baths, aromatherapy, Kneipp bath, tropical showers and grotto style swimming pool (open 2-8pm, over 16s only)
- Fitness room
- Extra charge for massages and treatments
- À la carte Pasta & Pizza restaurant
- Childcare – Pepi Penguin Nursery (6 months - 4 years) and Beanie Bear Club (4-8 years)
- Free WiFi throughout
- Games room
- Heated boot room with lockers
- On-site ski hire
- 123 rooms
Please note: In the wellness centre, both swimming caps and flip flops must be worn (available for an extra charge). Children under 12 years can use the pool from 2-5pm.
The Grand Hotel Paradiso is host to Pepi Penguin Nursery and Beanie Bear Club, which are open to all children staying at this hotel only.
Pepi Penguin Nursery (6 months - 4 years) is run by UK-qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room equipped with games and toys. Outdoor play included (weather and parental consent permitting).
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm
- 2-course hot lunch
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
Activities vary daily. The operator will find time for stories, singing, arts and crafts including painting and collage making, plus messy play in the sand tray and free play with age-relevant toys set out for the children to choose what they want to do.
This operator is also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so we aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day – maybe snowy walks, a gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
Beanie Bear Club (4-8 years) provides plenty of fun-filled days as the childcare staff offer a combination of care and skiing, which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick-up and drop-off from ski lessons, lunch and afternoon care by staff in the dedicated Beanie Bear Club room.
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm
- 6 x AM ski lessons, ski school drop-offs and pick-ups*
- Child skis, boots and helmet hire
- 2-course hot lunch
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
* Lift passes aren't included as each child's needs are different. If and when your child feels confident enough to use the lifts, you'll need to buy a lift pass locally.
Activities vary daily – to include games, arts and crafts and storytime – and are often based around a theme.
This operator is also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so they aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day – maybe bus bingo, snowman competitions or a treasure hunt.
Both Pepi Penguin Nursery and Beanie Bear Club operate for 6 days and must be pre-booked to guarantee a place. Evening clubs are also available at the Grand Hotel Paradiso to book in resort for an extra charge.
All staff are UK-qualified, English-speaking and first-aid trained, and have had DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and reference checks, and prioritise maintaining the correct adult:child ratios.
Please note, all childcare is an extra charge and must be pre-booked to guarantee a place. In some instances, childcare does not extend the full length of the ski season. Please contact the sales team for additional information.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Italy and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
The hotel corridors have some steps throughout, so it may not all be suitable for those with reduced mobility.
The driveway to the Paradiso is narrow, meaning the coach has limited access to it. Therefore, the coach will drop you at the bottom of the driveway, where you'll have less than a minutes' walk with your luggage to reception. Make sure you're wearing sturdy shoes, as it may be snowy underfoot.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy