Large, stylish hotel with excellent wellness facilities. The Hotel Excelsior is set in a convenient and picturesque location - next to the lifts and just 5 minutes' walk from the resort centre. The excellent wellness area offers great facilities to help you relax after a day on the slopes, including an indoor pool, treatments and heated outdoor hammocks with views across to Kronplatz's 'pannetone' mountain. And if you're after a more active wind-down, there's a fitness studio with various classes and a gym. The open-plan bar and reception area connects through to the hotel's large but cosy Alpine restaurant, which offers excellent cuisine including local speciality foods and an extensive wine list.
- Modern, spacious hotel in a great location next to the lifts.
- Bar, lounge and panoramic sun terrace with loungers and heated hammocks.
- Spa with indoor pool, whirlpool, gym, saunas and water massage beds.
- 5 minutes' ski to the lifts
- 5 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 5 minutes' bus ride to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have a TV, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, minibar.
- Double Room (22-25m²) - sleeps 2-3: Double bed, extra single bed when booked for three people, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
- Deluxe Double Room (33-40m²) - sleeps 2-3: Double bed, extra single bed when booked for three people, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
Cots are available to hire for between €25-53 per night, depending on dates. Please request at time of booking. Charge is payable locally with hotelier and prices are subject to change.
- bar and lounge area
- hotel excursion programme
- supervised kids' club with playstation, ping pong and football table (3-11 years)
- babysitting service available on request
- free entry to wellness area with indoor pool, heated outdoor pool, sun terrace with heated hammocks and panoramic views, Finnish saunas, salt steam room, water massage beds and relaxation areas
- fitness room and exercise programme including pilates
- panoramic sun terrace with loungers
- shuttle bus to ski lift on request
- ski room
- WiFi throughout
- extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meal with choice of starter and main course, and salad and dessert buffet
- once weekly speciality dinner with local foods
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
- able to cater for all dietary requests
When you arrive in Kronplatz, the coach isn’t able to take you right up to the door of the Excelsior Resort. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to your accommodation.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy