Large, stylish hotel with excellent wellness facilities. The Hotel Excelsior is set in a convenient and picturesque location - next to the lifts and just 5 minutes' walk from the resort centre. The excellent wellness area offers great facilities to help you relax after a day on the slopes, including an indoor pool, treatments and heated outdoor hammocks with views across to Kronplatz's 'pannetone' mountain. And if you're after a more active wind-down, there's a fitness studio with various classes and a gym. The open-plan bar and reception area connects through to the hotel's large but cosy Alpine restaurant, which offers excellent cuisine including local speciality foods and an extensive wine list.
- Modern, spacious hotel in a great location next to the lifts.
- Bar, lounge and panoramic sun terrace with loungers and heated hammocks.
- Spa with indoor pool, whirlpool, gym, saunas and water massage beds.
- 5 minutes' ski to the lifts
- 5 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- 5 minutes' bus ride to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have a TV, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, minibar.
- Double Room (22-25m²) - sleeps 2-3: Double bed, extra single bed when booked for three people, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
- Deluxe Double Room (33-40m²) - sleeps 2-3: Double bed, extra single bed when booked for three people, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
Cots are available to hire for between €25-53 per night, depending on dates. Please request at time of booking. Charge is payable locally with hotelier and prices are subject to change.
- bar and lounge area
- hotel excursion programme
- supervised kids' club with playstation, ping pong and football table (3-11 years)
- babysitting service available on request
- free entry to wellness area with indoor pool, heated outdoor pool, sun terrace with heated hammocks and panoramic views, Finnish saunas, salt steam room, water massage beds and relaxation areas
- fitness room and exercise programme including pilates
- panoramic sun terrace with loungers
- shuttle bus to ski lift on request
- ski room
- WiFi throughout
- extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meal with choice of starter and main course, and salad and dessert buffet
- once weekly speciality dinner with local foods
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
- able to cater for all dietary requests
When you arrive in Kronplatz, the coach isn’t able to take you right up to the door of the Excelsior Resort. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to your accommodation.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy