This recently renovated mountain refuge has just 4 bedrooms (1 x double/twin with jacuzzi and room for an extra bed and 3 x twin/doubles – all with en-suite bathroom), plus another 3 bedroom apartment (2 x doubles, neither of which can be separated and 1 x room with bunk beds - all sharing 2 bathrooms, plus a kitchen) in a separate building.
It is owned and managed by Jean-Claude and his wife Michela. Situated on the slopes, L’Aroula is in a tiny hamlet of ancient farm buildings about two thirds of the way down the Ostafa piste. Accessed by taking the main gondola up from the village and then the Ostafa gondola onwards to 2,420 metres. From here the red piste winds back down to Crest and L’Aroula can be found tucked off the edge of the piste with views down the valley.
The property has a popular restaurant, normally exclusive to hotel guests in the evening, but frequented by skiers during the day.
Access to Champoluc village in the evening is possible but requires some planning! The main gondola normally runs every evening at 1800, 1930, 2200 and 2330 hours, allowing guests at L’Aroula to spend time in the village in the evening before returning to the hotel.Please note that it would take 30 minutes to walk down from L’Aroula to the top of the gondola and considerably longer to walk back. The hotel might be able to offer ski-doo transfers between L’Aroula and the top of the main gondola, but this cannot be guranteed.
For those that know the resort, L’Aroula is just below the point where Ostafa II piste fisnishes and joins back with Ostafa I.
Suitable for 2 or 3 families, or a small group of friends looking to escape and spend a week in an authentic mountain refuge, L’Aroula is proving to be very popular with guests.
Cold buffet breakfast
4 course Evening meal
Included in the cost
• Return transfers between any of these 6 airports and Champoluc – Turin (90 minutes), Milan Malpensa (2 hours), Milan Linate (3 hours), Milan Bergamo (3 hours), Geneva (3 hours) and Sion (2.5 hours )
• 7 nights half board accommodation, based on 2 people sharing – breakfast and dinner
• 6 day full area Monterosa lift pass covering the resorts of Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna
• Snack lunches each day at a choice of mountain restaurants. Vouchers are valid in 6 mountain restaurants spread across the ski area and are valid for one dish from a choice of four or five.
• Unused vouchers can always be used to buy après-ski drinks in the bar at the bottom of the main gondola.
• Ski guiding – available on the first morning of your holiday (for parallel skiers) to explore the Monterosa ski area
• Free use of ski deposit at the bottom of the main lift
• The services of a friendly and experienced resort team – 24 hours a day
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (8 - 11)
Junior Snowboard Pack (8 - 11)
Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 7)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy