Val d’Isere Ski Resort Guide
Val d’Isere Ski Resort
Ski Line offers a huge selection of catered ski chalets, slope-side hotels and self-catering apartments in Val d’Isere for all budgets.
Val d’Isere has 3 main villages, as you arrive in the ski resort you first come to La Daille; this is an area with mainly self-catered apartments but also a few very well located chalets and hotels. The ski chalets in Val d’Isere are easily accessible. There are several lifts, a bubble and a funicular here that connect to the heart of the ski area. About 2 km away along the valley floor you arrive at the main centre of Val d’Isere where most of the resort’s ski accommodation is located. As you head further up the valley about 5km you eventually reach the area called La Fornet where a cable car connects you to the highest point in Val d’Isere. La Fornet is a peaceful hamlet of ski chalets ideal for those wanting access to a big ski area but with a small village feel.
Buses connect these three villages throughout the day and night with a very reliable service which in peak times runs every five minutes or so.
Click here to see our guide to the 10 best restaurants in Val d’Isere, both on the slopes and in the village
Val d’Isere Blogs
- Club Med upgrading their Val d’Isere resort to 5 trident
- Iconic drag lift re-opens after 6 years
- Val d’Isere opens highest hotel in Europe
- Val d’Isere publishes snow stats for 2017/18 ski season
- Keeping skiers safe in Val d’Isere
- Val d’Isere’s popular restaurant to become Europe’s highest hotel
- Super Luxury Val d’Isere chalet upgrade
- 900 new hotel beds in Val d’Isere
- Enjoy Live Music at Val d’Isere’s Top Pubs and Bars
- The Ultimate guide to skiing in Val d’Isere
- 10 best dining experiences in Val d’Isere
- Dog friendly skiing holidays in Val d’Isere
- New €35 a day ski pass in Val d’Isere
- New Solaise Gondola and ski area
- Tignes or Val d’Isere, cant decide?
Activities off the Slopes in Val d’Isere
Val d’Isere has a newly opened sports centre with swimming pool and other sports facilities as well as a good selection of shops and restaurants.