The Abela apartment occupies the entire first floor of a chalet residence in Chantmerle.
Featuring a vast 250m2 terrace, a magnificent 180° view over the entire valley, from Briançon to Monêtier-les-Bains and faces the famous Luc Alphand piste.
The apartment has 4 bedrooms each with their own bathroom. 3 of them have king size beds and direct access to the terrace and its sublime views.
The fourth bedroom is modular and has 4 single beds (2 trundle beds and 2 bunk beds.)
You can enjoy a communal sauna that can be privatized with a view of the mountain.
Located close to the free shuttle for the ski lifts and 10 minutes’ walk from the village.
The equipment offers absolute comfort including UK channels, outdoor lounge, deck chairs, atmospheric fireplace, TV/DVD corner, Bose, WiFi, board games, indoor parking, two parking spaces exterior, a ski locker in the building and equipment storage at the foot of the slopes.
Prices shown are per person based on full occupancy of the property. Usually, this property is only bookable on a full occupancy basis.
This operator are owned and founded by your hosts Matt and Jo.
Together they have over 40 years experience in the travel industry including managing chalets & hotels, childrens entertainment, repping, chefing & ski guiding. They each have a great knowledge of what YOU want from a catered chalet & we aim to provide you with a tailor made holiday you will never forget.
Their lives have revolved around winters for years now and they reflect their passion for all this & more during your stay.
They provide you with a personalised stay from before you arrive till after you have left.
Whilst staying here you can look forward to the following 5 days of your stay:
- Champagne & canape reception the evening of your arrival (the next if your arrival is late)
- Comfortable chalet surroundings with dedicated & experienced chalet hosts
- Shuttle to and from the slopes 6 or 7 days a week *
- An impressive menu from breakfast to dinner. Whatever your dietery needs are - They cater for all
- Quality unlimited bottled wine served with evening meals
- A dinner delivery for your sixth evening meal.
- Customised menu for kids dinner
- Baby Equipment
- Daily housekeeping
- Quality bed linen & towels
- Free WIFI
- Nintendo Wii
- A selection of board games
- Ski & boot room *
- Equipment lockers at the base of the slopes*
- All week private chauffeur*
- Spa facilities*
* Only in selected chalets - noted in description
Optional Services which can be arranged at an additional cost (please note your interest on booking so we can make arrangements in good time) :
- Transfers to & from the resort
- Pre arranged hire delivered to the chalet on arrival
- Pre arranged lessons with English speakers
- Pre arranged lift passes ready on arrival
- Away days to other resorts
- Packed lunches
- Laundry service
- Honesty bar
- Ski & board servicing
They will also offer assistance for arranging restaurant booking etc for the chalet staffs day off. Any other questions about our service please do not hesitate to ask.
Every morning they display the evenings meal on their Menu du Jour board for your perusal. They understand not everyones tastes are the same, so you have a chance to let your chalet hosts know before you leave for the day if you would like an aternative option.
Catering for those with special dietery requirements such as vegetarians & vegans, guests with food allergies & intolerances is not a problem! They make sure that your meals are as delicious as another's.
Breakfast Made for a King
There is nothing like waking up to the aromas of freshly brewed coffee, the scent of bacon & a warm French baguette!
As we all know "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" food, breakfast, chalet, ski, holiday, eggs, benedict,
They have an extensive cooked breakfast menu that changes from day to day.
- Eggs Benedict - Perfectly poached eggs perched on top of a slice of cooked ham or wilted spinach with an English muffin base, drizzled in a light & creamy homemade hollandaise sauce
- Breakfast Burrito - Creamy scrambled egg topped with sauteed chorizo, caramalised onions and peppers sprinkled with cheese, all bundled into a soft tortilla wrap.
NB staff day off breakfast consists of cereals and juice
- Fresh french bread, toast, butter and preserves including jams, marmalade, peanut butter, marmite & nutella
- Freshly brewed coffee & tea - They also offer a selection of herbal teas & decaffeinated options
- Yoghurts & fresh fruit
- A variety of selected cereals from Coco Pops to Muesli
- Fresh orange juice
- Cooked Breakfast Option
- Porridge *on request* served as it is or with cinnamon, apples, raisins & brown sugar
Afternoon Tea is laid out for guests from 4pm - to tide you over till Dinner!
- Fresh baguettes with butter & condiments
- Freshly baked cake, cookies or scones
- Hot brewed coffee & tea - herbal teas & decaffeinated options available
- A selection of cordials
- Fresh fruit bowl
The evening meal consists of three delicious; well balanced courses, served with unlimited wine.
They will then offer you a variety of delicious French cheeses served with accompaniments & a warming glass of Port
Example Menu in no particular order.
Wild mushroom risotto with a safron, lemon & sage huile and a parmesan crisp (V)
Roasted pork in cider, thyme & garlic topped with slow-roasted pork belly. Served with fondant potatoes, minted peas, an apricot, pear & herb confit & a cider jus.
Mushroom Wellington - a tender medley of sautéed mushrooms in our own unique light madeira sauce baked in a golden pastry parcel (V)
A homemade vanilla bean pannacotta served with blueberries & a lavender syrup. Topped with homemade honeycombe.
In 2014 Matt and Jo were lucky enough to get to know a fantastic friend... who had a friend *and so on* that introduced us to a contact in the Bordeaux vineyards. They are super pleased to say we now stock three fantastic red wines and a perfect all rounder dry white wine from individuals in the Bordeaux and Bergerac areas. Great quality direct from the vineyard.
If you have any dietary needs please tell us when you book. Host are more than happy to cater to your requirements as we all enjoy a culinary challenge.
Quite often yours dish will be the envy of everyone at the dinner table
Kids Meal Times Rock!
Enjoy your bath in peace or read your book for an hour, whilst hosts wear the kids out with an early dinner and games! wheeeee!!! Then you will be ready to get snozzled and eat your din dins in peace!
Example menu in no particular order
Oven-baked chicken breast with a creamy mash, steamed beans & carrots with a side of homemade onion gravy
Homemade breaded fish fingers served with fresh oven-baked potato chips & garden peas
Homemade apple crumble topped with creamy custard
Sticky toffee pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
They aim to provide your children with a nutricious delicious meal everday so they are bouncing with energy for the slopes. They will keep it simple and steer clear of anything too rich or spicy. Please let us know if your little one has any strong dislikes.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy