Sadly this property is no longer available for the 2021/22 ski season, it was very popular with our clients and we hope to see it return for the 2022/23 ski season.
Call our experts on 020 8313 3999, for recommendations of similar properties that are available.
We are delighted to offer families this lovely, high-quality Chalet Hotel in a prime location in this ever popular, prestige resort. The Alba has been a well-known hotel for many years and many Méribel fans may already be familiar with its location.
The Chalet Hotel Alba is ideally situated just above the main hub of the resort, yet right on the edge of the slopes at Méribel's 'Rond Point', a familiar landmark in the Three Valleys. Everything is geared towards making life as easy as possible for our guests, with the main piste just across the street, a ski-bridge to bring you back virtually to the ski-room door, and equipment hire from the shop immediately beneath the Alba, so collection, return and any mid-week changes are easily arranged.
There are also several restaurants and après ski cafés close by and the bus to and from the village centre runs till 11.45pm.
Ski Area Access
The Alba is the perfect choice for families who want to hit the slopes with the minimum of fuss and in the shortest possible time! The magic carpet nursery area for our Spritelets classes is just 50m away. The 'Doron' blue run outside the Alba takes skiers straight down to the resort centre and main lifts, opening access from there to the whole of the Three Valleys. Alternatively, you can take the Adret chairlift from just below the Rond Point and start your skiing day from there.
At the end of your day, returning to the Alba on skis couldn't be easier, either from the Saulire side of the Three Valleys down the Marmotte and Doron slopes, or, if you end up in the resort centre, the Rhodos 1 gondola will bring you straight back 'home' to the Rond Point.
The Alba has thoroughly charming communal rooms, with the lounge and bar attractively furnished with rich fabrics, comfy seating and a feature fireplace. This provides the perfect setting for a refreshing après-ski drink, and for enjoying evening apéritifs and canapés.
The atmospheric dining room has picture windows overlooking the large sun-terrace, which in turn looks out over the Doron slopes, the Rond Point and across the scenic Méribel valley.
The Alba also has its own adults-only wellness area on the lower ground floor, with a sauna, steam-room and whirlpool spa-bath affording parents a relaxing haven in which to unwind and relax after the day's exertions.
Our staff provide a hot and cold buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and our 'Culinary Choice' evening menu, whilst our Baby-Listening/Child-Patrol Service, running till 11pm, allows parents to relax in good company over coffee and liqueurs after dining. Children's high tea is served at 5.15pm and supervised by our staff till 6pm.
We are pleased to be able to offer a complete range of room-styles here to suit most families, from a couple with a baby to sets of rooms for larger families, sleeping up to six.
- Children’s Ski Lessons 5 - 12 years offering a wide range of ski classes and activities
- Morning and full day Sprite classes available
- Strict signing-in/out procedures for all ages whenever responsibility for children passes between operator staff or ski instructors and parents
- Guided Ski Fun 6 - 12 years afternoon groups
- Skiing to and almost from the doorstep, with the piste just 20m away Ski-bus stop just outside
- Approx. 10 minutes’ free ski-bus ride to the resort centre or a two-minute ski!
- Sauna, steam-room and indoor whirlpool spa-bath
- Choice of rooms, all with en suite bath/wc, TV, and most with balcony
- Attractive dining-room with free Wifi
- Large outdoor sun-terrace with superb views over the slopes
- Comfortable lounge and bar with open fireplace
- Lift to all floors
- Substantial breakfast, and Afternoon Tea with a selection of cakes and savouries
- Children's high tea served at 5.15pm
- 5-course adult-only dinners including apéritif, choice of wines, coffee, and featuring our 'Culinary Choice' menu
Lower Ground Floor
- Ski and boot store, Wellness area
- Reception, dining-room, lounge/bar, wcs, Snow Club, sun-terrace
- Room 1 Sleeps 2-3 Twin/triple bedroom (twin beds and single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 2 Sleeps 2-3 Twin/triple bedroom (twin beds and single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 3+4 Sleep 4-6 One twin/triple bedroom (twin beds and single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony, and adjacent twin/triple (twin beds and single sofa bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 5+6 Sleep 4 One twin bedroom with bath/wc, and adjacent bunk-room with shower/wc
- Room 7 Sleeps 2 + cot Twin bedroom with bath/wc
- Rooms 21, 22, 27 Sleep 2-3 Twin/triple bedrooms (twin beds and single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 23+24 Sleep 4-6 One twin/triple bedroom (twin beds and single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony, and adjacent twin/triple (twin beds and single sofa bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 25+26 Sleep 4-5 One twin/triple bedroom (twin beds & single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony, and adjacent bunk-room with shower/wc
- Rooms 31, 32, 37 Sleep 2-3 Twin/triple bedrooms (twin beds and single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 33+34 Sleep 4-6 One twin/triple bedroom (twin beds and single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony, and adjacent twin/triple (twin beds and single sofa bed) with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 35+36 Sleep 4-5 One twin/triple bedroom (twin beds & single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony, and adjacent bunk-room with shower/wc
- Suite 42 Sleeps 4 Twin bedroom with bath/wc/balcony, interconnecting to twin bedroom under eaves with bath/wc
- Room 44 Sleeps 4 Quadruple family room (twin beds and 2 single sofa-beds) with bath/wc/balcony
- Supplements per person per night: Rooms 5, 7 & 27 Bath/wc £3.50; Rooms 25, 26, 35, 36, 37 & 44 Bath/wc/balcony £4.50; Rooms 1, 2, 3, 4, 21, 22, 23, 24, 31, 32, 33 & 34 Bath/wc/balcony with valley view £5.50; Suite 42 £6.50.
- All rooms & the suite will take a cot, although this may be restricted if the 3rd or 4th bed is used
- We suggest the single top bunk in bunk-rooms is only suitable for children over 6 years, however parents have the final decision in this.
- Adjacent' rooms are next door to one another, but not inter-connecting.
Adult Only Groups
This chalet hotel only accepts groups with children and does not accept adult only bookings.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
This holiday is offered by an ATOL bonded company, so your money is 100% protected if the supplier fails. The holiday is covered by the Package Travel Regulations that requires a full refund should be provided within 14 days if the holiday is cancelled due to a second wave of Covid-19.
The tour operator was the first of any of our tour operator partners to provide a 100% refund, following the travel restrictions in place in March 2020 after the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown.
The tour operator has confirmed that they will continue to provide refunds in accordance with The Package Travel Regulations, in the event the Foreign Commonwealth office changing its travel advice after a second wave.
Some of the other key booking conditions relating to this holiday are listed below.
- Deposit to book £150 to £180 per person.
- Balance is due 12 weeks before departure date.
- Cancellation charges up to 100% apply if you cancel the holiday within 10 weeks before departure.
- You MUST buy adequate travel insurance which include curtailment and winter sports cover.
- Admin charges apply for name changes and any misspelt names wrongly provided at the time of booking if not corrected within 21 days.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Free Child PlacesFree child places/discounts available on selected dates. Click here for more details on free child places.
One of the joys of choosing to take a Chalet Hotel ski holiday is that you’re not doing the cooking. Their staff prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal including wine and coffee, on six days a week in their chalets and on their staff day off, a continental breakfast will be provided for you.
The staff night off gives you a chance to sample some of the delicious local restaurants an ensure that you don’t leave the Alps without your fill of Weiner Schnitzel or Fondue! Their Baby Listening Service ensures that you can enjoy your meal out without worry.
Let them take care of the cooking and with the Baby Listening Service, all the family can sit back, relax and focus on the skiing!
They set high standards for their cuisine, training our staff extensively before the season starts to ensure that you will enjoy every meal.
In all their properties breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, bread (and croissants in France), fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff day off, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all their Chalet Hotels.
Their Chalet Hotel teams can also prepare a packed lunch for you on request, at a small local charge.
Every day, apart from their staff day off, a home-baked cake and tea and coffee making facilities are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
In all their Chalet Hotels, and their two Austrian Xtra chalets, they also prepare a savoury treat to accompany the sweet ones.
Chalet Hotel meals
5.30pm High Tea
High Tea at 5:30pm is served as a 2-course evening meal to all children up to 7 years old (and to 8-10-year-olds if preferred). Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-10-year-olds are supervised by their childcare team.
7.30pm Adult Dinner
Adult dinner at 7:30pm begins with a prosecco apéritif, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee.
Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Dinner on staff days off for all guests
On the staff night off you and your family have the opportunity to eat out in one of the local restaurants. Our staff will be happy to help with recommendations and bookings if you wish. If you would prefer, you can always order in a takeaway pizza, and have a relaxing evening in.
They always prepare a vegetarian main course in our Chalet Hotels, as well as any other specific dietary requirements, if we are advised in advance.
Special diets can be accommodated at a cost of £35 per person per week. Please notify us of your dietary needs at the time of booking. Your Chalet Hosts will discuss your dietary requirements with you upon arrival to the Chalet Hotel.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Chalet Hotels offer traditional fare for Christmas dinner, with roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers, party hats and of course a pre-dinner glass of Champagne plus a lively, fun atmosphere for all the family.
This is the one meal that all families share together regardless of children’s ages, so in some properties, the dining tables can be quite crowded, but this adds to the festive ambience of all celebrating together!
A special festive menu followed by Champagne is also served on New Year’s Eve, but this is for adults only (and those aged 11 and over of course) unless you are staying in a Family Dining chalet.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Junior Champion Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
For children 8-11 years at the 3-star or higher, as well as for older kids 12-13 years old at any level. Booking helmets is highly recommended it for beginners and children.
- Ski types: high-quality skis (Racing skis, Twin tip skis)
- Snowboard types: Junior
- Maximum equipment age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis/Snowboard, boots and poles
Rossignol Hero Junior Multi-Event
Espoir Ski Pack Inc Helmet (Under 12)
Mini Kids Ski Pack Inc Helmet (3 - 5)
Perfect for kids under 6, to safely carve their first turns. Helmets are highly recommended for children.
- Ski types: Junior
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy