If you’re planning a magical family holiday or couples’ getaway, take a look at the Ylläskaltio. This modern, simple hotel is in one of Finland’s biggest ski areas – and there’s plenty to do off the slopes too, from reindeer safaris and husky sledding, to meeting Santa at the Elves’ Hideaway.
The hotel itself has everything you need for a laid-back break. The rooms can sleep two or four people and they all come with a private sauna where you can warm up at the end of the day.
Meals are taken in the spacious restaurant, which serves simple, hearty food like soup, meat and pasta – and you can enjoy beautiful snowy views through the panoramic windows as you eat.
In your downtime, you can relax in the bar and lounge, play together in the games rooms or head outside to have fun in the snow.
Modern Scandi style.
Enjoy meals in the restaurant with panoramic views.
There's a private sauna in each room – perfect for relaxing post-ski.
YOUR BOARD BASIS
- Half Board
- Buffet breakfast
- 3-course evening meal
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
- In Äkäslompolo village
- 4km to the slopes and lifts
- Bus stop outside
- All rooms have a flatscreen TV, hairdryer, fridge and kettle.
- Twin room (approx. 23m²) - sleeps 1-2: Twin beds, private shower, WC and private sauna.
- Quad room (approx. 32.5m²)- sleeps 2-4: Mezzanine room with twin beds downstairs and upstairs, private shower, WC and private sauna.
- Bar and lounge
- Kids' play area
- Games room
- Laundry facilities
- Ski room
- Free WiFi
- Safe available at reception
- 72 rooms
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy