The stylish Sokos Hotel is a great choice if you like a touch of luxury on your ski break. It’s made up of three buildings, with rooms themed around the seasons – bright summer, warm autumn, or cool winter. Elements of Finnish nature, from flora to fauna, are represented in the cosy furnishings and chic artwork.
There’s a room to suit everyone at the Sokos – though it’s definitely worth upgrading to a superior room to get your own private sauna. If you like a little more space, the suites have a separate bedroom and living room too.
The Sokos is offered on a bed & breakfast basis, but you can upgrade to half board if you like. The Kiisa Restaurant also offers an à la carte menu with authentic Finnish specialities including reindeer steak, or you can pop into the Coffee House for lunch or afternoon snack.
And what better way to warm up after a day out on the slopes than sitting back in the hotel’s own sauna or hot tub – perfect for soothing sore muscles. If you’ve got the kids in tow, the playroom is ideal for keeping them entertained.
The hotel is situated right in the resort centre, with several shops and restaurants on your doorstep. It’s also really close to the lifts and ski school, so you don't have to worry about lugging your gear for miles.
- 2 minutes’ walk to the lift and beginner slopes.
- Stylish rooms themed around winter, autumn or summer.
- Whirlpool and sauna.
- Best for families
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Gym/fitness centre
- Scandianivan buffet breakfast (7-10am)
- Optional upgrade to half board with evening meals
- Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve gala dinners included with half board
- In the resort centre
- 2 minutes' walk to the nearest lift and nursery slopes
- 1 minute's walk to the ski bus stop
- 5 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channel, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, safe, tea and coffee facilities and minibar. Superior rooms and suites also have bathrobes and slippers. Balconies can be requested but cannot be guaranteed.
Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra rollaway bed when booked for three people, private shower and WC.
Superior twin room - sleeps 2: Twin beds, private shower, WC and sauna.
Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 15 years): Twin beds, living room with double sofa bed, private shower, WC and sauna.
Family room - sleeps 4-5: Interconnecting twin and superior twin rooms.
- À la carte Klisa Restaurant
- Coffee House
- Bar and lounge with fireplace
- Sun terrace
- Hot tub, sauna and fitness room
- Kids' play area
- Ski room with lockers and heated boot racks
- Free WiFi
- Lift to all floors
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy