The Lucky Hotel Bansko has been rated a top Bulgarian hotel and we’re not surprised – the décor looks great, the staff are incredibly friendly and the food is amazing. And the customers definitely agree - the Lucky wins a Crystal Gold Award every year and also won a TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award.
Close to the centre of Bansko, you’re within easy reach of the bars and shops. The gondola and ski school are on the other side of town, around a 15-minute walk away, but the hotel runs its own free shuttle so you don't have to walk in your ski boots. There's also a free evening shuttle service to and from the town centre.
Once you're down from the slopes, head to the hotel's luxurios spa – sitting back in the steam rooms, saunas or whirlpool will heal even the most achy legs, and a dip in one of the indoor pools is guaranteed to refresh you.
We definitely recommend upgrading to half board too – the food here is incredible and the hotel prides itself on that. Their à la carte Italian restaurant Leonardo has a wide range of delicious meals made from original recipes.
The Lucky is a great choice for families. The apartments are large, modern and come with kitchenettes, making them ideal for bigger groups. The hotel's Lucky kids' club offers professional supervision from 9am-10pm for children aged 3-6, as well as a computer games room for children aged 5+. At mealtimes, there's a kids' menu with popular dishes like fish and chips
- Close to Bansko centre, with a free shuttle bus to and from the gondola.
- Spa facilities including indoor pools, steam room, saunas, whirlpool and gym.
- Exceptional food - we definitely recommend going for the half board option.
- Hotel-run kids' club, kids' menu and spacious apartments.
- 400m to the town square
- 500m to the Old Town
- 15 minutes' walk to the main gondola and ski school
- free shuttle bus to and from gondola, ski school and town centre
All studios/apartments have a kitchenette with hot plate, toaster, microwave, plates/cutlery, fridge and Lavazza coffee maker; bathroom with bath and WC; bathrobes (including kids' robes and slippers); WiFi; safe; hairdryer; minibar and satellite flatscreen TV. On demand movies are available for an extra charge. Daily turn-down service is also provided.
- Type A Studio - 25m² - sleeps 1-2: Studio on the top floor of the hotel with double bed and balcony.
- Type B1 Studio - 30-35m² - sleeps 1-3: Double or twin beds and a single sofa bed.
- Type B Apartment - 40-45m² - sleeps 2-3: Double bedroom and a living room with single sofa bed.
- Type D Apartment - 50-55m² - sleeps 2-5 (max 3 adults): Double bedroom and large lounge with two single sofa beds. An additional single folding bed can be provided, suitable for a child up to 11 years inclusive.
On request, the hotel can provide children’s chairs, pots, feeding bottles and safeguarding of plugs.
Please note: The Type D apartments can sleep a maximum of either two adults and three children OR three adults and one child up to 11 years of age.
- free use of newly renovated spa centre, featuring an indoor adults-only pool with underwater music and hydrojet, kids' pool, Dead Sea salts pool, whirlpool, two Finnish saunas, radio frequency sauna, three steam baths, hammam, ice room, hydromassage showers and a fitness centre
- extra charge for massages and treatments
- Italian restaurant Leonardo
- extra charge for games room
- hotel-run kids' club with supervision and animator for 3-6 year olds (9am-10pm, hours may vary)
- kids' animation for 6+ years
- free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- free shuttle bus to and from slopes
- ski storage with heated boot racks
- turn-down service
- 115 rooms
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- optional upgrade to half board with three-course buffet evening meals including salad, starter and dessert buffets plus a choice of main course - taken in Le Bistro from 7pm
- separate kids' menu
- Christmas Day gala dinner is included for customers on half board only
- New Year's Eve gala dinner is included for all customers
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Bulgaria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Lucky Kids' Club
This complimentary kids' club in the Lucky Bansko Hotel is run by an experienced and well-trained childcare team and offers a variety of activities for children aged between 3 and 6 years.
- Arts and crafts
- A range of toys to suit all ages and needs
- Home corner
- Animation programme from kids' discos to face painting and themed parties
- Open daily during the winter season between 9am and 10pm.
- Children under 3 years of age are welcome to join the sessions, but will need to be accompanied by a parent throughout.
Terms and conditions apply.
As well as an on-site kids' club, the hotel is also home to a range of other family-friendly amenities. These include:
- Two fully-equipped computer rooms with unlimited WiFi access (for 5+ years)
- Computer games
- Children's beds and chairs
- Necessities like bottles and potties
- Children's bathrobes and cosmetics
- Safety plugs (on request)
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy