Hotel Grüner Baum started life as a butchery back in 1945. It has had an incredible journey over the years into a gastronomy house and eventually the hotel complex you will find today.
In its pursuit of uncompromising culinary quality, they have experimented with different regional produce, recipes and creative presentation. Culminating in the first class dishes served today, that infuse ideas from 113 Austrian regions.
You are centrally located amongst the hustle and bustle of Zell am See. Just 5 minutes from ski lifts and ski hire shop. The interior has homely pine furnishings and a loveable service, which makes for a luxurious winter base.
Enjoy use of its ambient sauna and heated boot room. The stylish bar and comfortable dining area provides a spacious space to unwind. The hotel enjoys a close working relationship with St, Valentin distillery in lower Austria. Meaning you can enjoy a selection of fine liqueurs, brandies and ciders, some of which have received coveted awards.
- 23m² Austrian twins sleep 2-3, and have connecting en suite with large bath and walk in shower and balcony with mountain view
- 42m² apartments sleep 4, with separate double bedroom, en suite with walk in shower, large living area with kitchen and balcony with seating area and mountain view
- 16m² singles have a double bed and connecting en suite, with bath and showerhead
All rooms have TV with English speaking channels, free wi-fi, tea/coffee making facilities, safe, hairdryer and sound proofed windows for a relaxing sleep
- Lift accessible: Yes
- Lift serves all floors: Yes
- Access ramp: Yes
- Early meals for children available
- Vegetarians are catered for
- Other special dietary requirements will have to be requested
Hot & Cold Buffet
4 course, 2 choice of main
- Stylish bar and dining room
- Heated ski boot room
- In house a la carte restaurant
- Spacious lounge
- 5 minute walk to ski hire shop
Few minutes drive to:
Tauern Spa Kaprun
A temple of well-being. On an area of over 20,000m2 you will find a fabulous spa complex with over 13 saunas, steam baths and much more. There are also 20 pools in the Tauern Spa, in addition to a brine pool, a sports pool and others pools, offering sensational views of the surrounding mountains around the Kitzsteinhorn.
Within walking distance of:
Freizeitzentrum & Indoor Swimming Pool
The Freizeitzentrum Zell Am See and indoor swimming pool are located in Zell am See, next to the ice rink. The adventure pool, slide and diving tower inspire both big and small guests. You can relax in the spa area, with various types of sauna and infrared cabin.
Ice Skating at Lake Zell
Lake Zell freezes over in winter and turns into a breathtakingly beautiful ice rink. Some people choose to play ice hockey.
Babysitting available upon request
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy