Chalet Maria Schnee is one of the region's finest examples of expert tyroloean craftsmanship.
Chalet Maria Schnee is a beautiful stand-alone chalet in the exclusive Nasserien area of St. Anton. Spread out over three floors, this one-of-a-kind chalet offers over 550m of luxurious alpine living. A perfect winter retreat for groups of friends or large families, the chalet comfortably hosts 15 people in seven bedrooms.
This stunning property is perfectly positioned only a few minutes’ walk to the lift station and, when snow conditions permit, you can ski to and within a short stroll of the chalet. The centre of St. Anton is only a ten-minute drive from the chalet. The chalet was built by the famous World Cup alpine skiing champion Gertrud Gabl and her family in 1978 and underwent a complete refurbishment when bought by the new owners.
You enter the chalet into the main living floor. Here you find the grand drawing room and open plan living and dining area with sunken sitting room. Floor to ceiling French windows open out onto the south west-facing terrace. The large open fire place and warm, rich fabrics create the perfect atmosphere in which to relax and unwind or entertain after a day on the slopes. This room, as well as many others throughout the chalet, maximises on stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
The main dining table seats a maximum of 12 people.
Massive oak sliding doors lead from the living area into the extensive kitchen showcasing a stylish mix of Tyrolean woodwork, contemporary art, and modern steel appliances. The main dining area seats a maximum of 12 people for dinner and there is an additional breakfast table in the kitchen which is perfect for children’s tea.
Located off the kitchen is a twin/double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. A guest toilet is also located on this floor.
There is a staircase which leads from the main hallway to the first floor. A cosy enclave opens from the side of the staircase, with built-in wooden benches adorned with fur and a secret cupboard filled with Schnapps glasses. Also, located between the ground and first floor is a twin/double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Moving up to the first floor, you will find the contemporary master bedroom, it has an en-suite bathroom and a sunny terrace with views over the St. Anton valley.
An old Tyrolean "zirben-stube" has been converted into one of the other twin/double bedrooms, and still has the antique carvings as well as a functioning traditional stove. This bedroom has an en-suite bathroom. There is a further twin/double and a quad bunk room; one with a private bathroom and one with a private shower room. All the bathrooms are finished to the highest standard, either in limestone and oak or black stone and grey tadellakt. The floors throughout the chalet along with the library and doors have been restored out of 300-year-old oak planks.
The lower ground floor has a further twin bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. A sunny 40 square metre playroom on this floor is the perfect venue for entertaining the children. The playroom converts into a high-tech cinema room. There is a wonderful sauna/steam room which fits four people comfortably and has a separate shower area and toilet. A laundry room, a professional kitchen, and a ski locker are also located on this floor.
The garage can house one car and the chalet has a further two external parking spaces.
The chalet is sold on a catered or self-catered basis.
The chalet normally has a shared driving service from 8:30am – 1:00am when sold on a fully catered basis.
- Sleeps 15
- 550 Square metres
- 7 Bedrooms
- 15 Individual beds
- 7 Bathrooms
- 2 Additional WCs
- 12 Dining table seats
- 12 Living area seats
- Hi-Fi/CD player/MP3 player
- Ipod docking station
WELLNES AND RELAXATION
- Dedicated cinema room
- Cot/high chair available
- Private laundry facilities
- Private ski locker
- Wood burning fireplace
- 1 master double bedroom (en-suite bathroom)
- 1 twin/double bedroom (en-suite bathroom)
- 1 twin/double (private bathroom)
- 1 quad bunk sleeping four (private shower room)
UPPER GROUND FLOOR
1 twin/double bedroom (on upper-ground floor, en-suite bathroom)
Schnapps snug (on upper-ground floor)
- Open plan living/dining area with sunken sitting room
- Kitchen and breakfast room
- 1 double bedroom (en-suite bathroom, accessed via the kitchen)
- Guest WC
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- 1 twin bedroom (en-suite bathroom)
- Laundry room
- Children’s playroom/cinema room
- Spa area with sauna/hammam, seperate shower
- Guest WC
- Professional kitchen with seperate entrance
- Ski locker/boot room
Set at the end of a quiet, exclusive lane surrounded by fields yet close to the main centre and a four-minute walk to the nearest lift station.
- Exclusive use of the chalet;
- Professional chef and hosting staff;
- Concierge service prior to arrival and for the duration of the stay;
- Complimentary ski instructor for the first two days of your stay;
- Daily housekeeping service;
- Daily cooked and continental breakfast;
- Daily afternoon tea*;
- Pre-dinner canapés served with champagne on six evenings;
- Four course dinner on six evenings (staff have one evening off);
- Early children’s supper on six evenings;
- The finest selection of complimentary house wines with dinner, beers and soft drinks;
- Complimentary drinks tray (3 bottles of house spirits);
- Evening turn down service on six evenings;
- Mid-week towel change;
- Robes, slippers and toiletries;
- Hairdryers in every bathroom;
- Lift pass delivery service.
- In resort from 8am until 1am 4 x 4 driving service (provided in a VW Caravelle or similar);
*Afternoon tea is not cleared away on the staff day off.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES (EXTRA CHARGES APPLY)
- Private transfers to and from resort;
- Lift passes;
- Ski equipment hire;
- In-chalet massage and hairdressing;
- Private ski guides, heli-skiing and ski lessons;
- Non-skiing activities;
- Pre-arrival shopping service;
- Helicopter transfer;
- Party planning;
- Corporate event planning;
- Please enquire about any other specific service requests.
Prices shown are per person based on full occupancy of the property. Usually, this property is only bookable on a full occupancy basis.
Prices for this holiday are based on a Euro price and displayed in Pounds. Rates are updated regularly but prices are subject to fluctuation. If you'd prefer, you are also able to pay the cost of your holiday in Euros, please let us know if you would like to do this at the time of booking.
This luxury chalet will be staffed by a team of seasoned winter professionals who have been trained to understand the subtle details that make a holiday exceptional and unforgettable. The impeccable service will leave you feeling like there is nothing wanting from your stay in this catered apartment or chalet. The operator understands and adapts their service to specific cultural nuances so that a holiday with them is an experience in flawless luxury.
Breakfast: Hot breakfast served in the dining room accompanied by a selection of local yoghurts, muesli, cereals, and fresh crusty bread and jams.
After skiing: Return to your chalet or apartment for afternoon tea. Help yourself to tea, coffee, fresh bread, jams, and delicious home-baked cakes or opt for something savoury if that is your preference.
Champagne and canapés are served before dinner each evening.
Dinner: After canapés, a three-course dinner will be served, followed by a locally-inspired cheeseboard. Dinner is accompanied by the finest selection of European house wines.
This operator has worked hard to bring together a team of experienced chefs who are happy to work with you and your group to create the perfect menu during your stay.
Children, dietary requirements, and any other specific requests will be discussed prior to your arrival. And even during your stay, the staff will be willing to adapt the menu plan to accommodate your wishes.
They pride ourselves on their high standards of food and considered selection of house wines. Hospitality begins with a champagne reception and, thereafter, a selection of house wines that have been hand-picked from local vintners are on offer to you during meal times. They hold an extensive wine list and will gladly assist you by providing personally selected wines, which can be ordered prior to your holiday or once you are in resort.
Staff Day Off
Daily housekeeping is provided throughout the week in both the Classic and Alpine Luxe properties. In their Classic properties, on the staff day off, fresh bread and croissants are delivered and a continental breakfast and afternoon tea is pre-prepared. A full breakfast service is provided throughout the week in their Alpine Luxe properties.
Wednesday is typically the staff day off in Verbier, Zermatt, and Méribel. Thursday is typically the staff day off in St. Anton and Lech. They will offer you advice on resort restaurants and will gladly make a reservation for your group to ensure there is a continuity of fine service.
If your stay coincides with school holidays, please be mindful that restaurants and activities tend to get booked out early, so let us know in advance if there is somewhere special you would like us to make a reservation.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy