The Hotel Tyrol has built up a reputation as one of Söll's top hotels, and many return time and time again for the warm hospitality of the Schernthanner family and their excellent team.
You'll love the peace and quiet of the Tyrol's location – it’s surrounded by snowy fields, but is just a quick walk from Söll's bustling centre. It’s about 15 minutes on foot to the Hochsöll gondola, so you may want to take advantage of the free ski bus that stops right outside.
The main hotel has a modern and sophisticated feel, with warm colours, natural materials and a typically Tyrolean style throughout. As well as in the main hotel, there are also rooms available in the Tyrol's 3 star Landhaus annexe opposite. These rooms haven't been updated as recently, but they’re still comfortable, warm and quiet, and you’ll have access to all of the facilities in the main hotel – including the cosy bar and lounge area, and the sauna and steam bath in the wellness area.
The food is highly rated at the Tyrol, where they believe that the kitchen should be the heart of the hotel. You can expect generous breakfasts, afternoon snacks and 4-course menus covering both international and regional dishes, plus vegetarian options too. If you're vegan, let the Tyrol know in advance and they can arrange a specialised menu.
- 3 minutes' walk to the village centre, ski bus stop outside.
- Wellness area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and fitness room.
- Kids' playroom and toys.
- 3 minutes' walk to the village centre
- ski bus stop outside
- 16 minutes' walk to the Hochsöll gondola and Knollnlift
- 10 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have a satellite TV and hairdryer. Rooms in the main hotel also have a safe.
- Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, two single sofa beds, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Free and reduced prices available for children under 12 years.
3* Landhaus annexe
The Hotel Tyrol has two buildings - the original main hotel and it's neighbouring Landhaus annexe. The rooms in the Landhaus are rated as 3 star. a All facilities and meals are based in the original Hotel Tyrol. Free WiFi is also available in the Landhaus.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
Groups of 20 people or more are on request only - please call to confirm.
- free WiFi in both the main hotel and Landhaus annexe
- lounge and bar
- wellness area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and experience showers
- changing room
- extra charge for massages
- small fitness room
- kids' playroom with toys
- ski storage room
- 80 rooms
All facilities are located in the main Hotel Tyrol. Customers staying in the Landhaus annexe have full access to all facilities. The main hotel is opposite the Landhaus - approximately 20 seconds walk.
The lift in the hotel does not stop on the 4th floor. The lift in the Landhaus annexe does not stop on the 3rd floor.
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- après snack - three times per week
- 4-course evening meals with three choices of main course (including one vegetarian option) and daily salad buffet
- weekly starter and dessert buffets
- weekly gala dinner
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Vegan diets can be catered for - please let us know at the time of booking.
Customers staying in the Landhaus annexe will take breakfast and evening meals in the main hotel.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
The Hotel Tyrol is non-smoking throughout.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Economy Ski Pack
Perfect for entry level skiers looking for the best price. Refurbished equipment from the Sensation and Evolution categories.
- Ski types: Skis downgraded from Sensation and Evolution ranges
- Maximum age: 3 years
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Economy Skis Only
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy