The superb 5 star Das Central is the height of luxury in Sölden. Just steps from the resort centre and 10 minutes from the lifts, the Central is impossible to miss. Beautiful on the outside, the hotel is just as impressive inside with its perfect blend of traditional charm and modern elegance.
The 125 rooms and suites are more than just a place to sleep – warm, inviting and finished to a high standard, you’re sure to wake up with a smile on your face. Some rooms are located in the Wellness Residence - which is where you'll be able to indulge in a wide range of massages and beauty treatments at the hands of the excellent team at the Central.
Another feature that really makes the Central stand out is the Venetian-themed spa. Spread across 3 storeys are an impressive variety of saunas, steam baths and relaxation rooms – plus an indoor pool with an original gondola and a replica of St Mark’s Square that will make you feel as though you’ve been whisked to Venice itself.
Food and wine lovers will be in heaven at the Central. The cuisine is toque-rated and always exquisite, whether you’re starting your day with the luxury breakfast buffet or spending the evening lingering over a delectable 5-course feast. If you really want to spoil yourself, try the à la carte restaurant "Ötztaler Stube" – chef Michael Kofler is famous for his unique creations which are more art than food. If you fancy something different, you could also join the fondue evening which is held several times a week in the hotel’s wine cellar – surrounded by their collection of 30,000 bottles of wine. So impressive is the collection, that the hotel was given the VINEUS Wine Culture Award for 'Best Wine Hotel in Austria 2016'.
With so much on offer, you’ll be hard pressed to even leave the hotel.
- Perfect location in the resort centre, 10 minutes' walk from the lifts.
- Amazing Venetian-themed spa with indoor pool and a real gondola.
- Mouthwatering cuisine in the Restaurant Feinspitz and à la carte restaurant "Ötztaler Stube".
- Marend Stube bar, lounge, library and wine cellar.
- ideal location just steps from the resort centre
- 10 minutes' walk to the ski lift - free shuttle bus stops outside
All rooms have a flatscreen satellite TV with UK channels, DVD player, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, fridge, telephone and free WiFi. Cots are available on request.
- Twin room (Wellness residence - 30m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
- Superior twin room (38m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
- Junior suite (50m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, seating area with extra sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- spacious lounge with log fire
- Restaurant Feinspitz
- Marend Stube bar/restaurant
- toque-rated Ötztaler Stube à la carte restaurant
- wine cellar
- library with English newspapers
- weekly live music
- pillow menu
- incredible 3-storey Venetian-themed spa - indoor pool with original gondola, two Finnish saunas, bio sauna, Swiss pine sauna, steam room, tepidarium, brine steam bath, infrared sauna, hot stones, brine grotto, Kneipp basins, fresh air room, ice grotto, St Mark's Square room with relaxation couches, Asian-themed relaxation room with water beds and health buffet
- extra charge for a huge range of treatments and massages
- 120m² fitness centre
- various fitness classes such as pilates and yoga
- extra charge for personal fitness assessment
- guided ski safari
- Nordic walk
- kids' playroom
- ski room with lockers and heated boot rack
- free WiFi
- lift to all floors
- welcome drink
- generous hot and cold buffet breakfast with bio-corner
- 5-course gourmet evening meals with a choice of all courses and daily salad and cheese buffets (taken in the Restaurant Feinspitz)
- weekly gala dinners
- extra charge for Ötztaler Stube à la carte restaurant
- extra charge for fondue evening in the wine cellar
- early meals for children available
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala meals included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy