With contemporary country-style rooms and lots of Alpine charm, the Falkensteiner Sonnenalpe takes pride of place on the mountain pastures of Nassfeld, 1,500m above sea level.
Inside and out, the hotel adds quirky touches to traditional Austrian architecture – from the bright colours on its façade to the cow-skin armchairs in its bedrooms – as well as having a wealth of activities for young and old alike.
For the little ones and tweens, Falky-Alm is the place to be. Across two levels you’ll find over 100 books, an arts and crafts corner, ball pit, table football and pool table. Falky the owl mascot may make an appearance, too, if you’re lucky. If you fancy a few hours to yourself (in the spa), you can even enrol them in the kids’ club, where they’ll be looked after by professional childcare staff.
The Acquapura Spa is a wellness oasis spanning over 1,700m², with a multitude of relaxing facilities including a bio sauna, steam bath and whirlpool which offers an unobstructed view of the Madritsche. If you’re feeling indulgent, treat yourself (and the kids) to a massage – yes, that’s right, Falky’s SPA offers treatments for children that is said aids both their growth and mindfulness.
And then there’s the food. On a full-board basis, you’ll get lots of opportunities to savour the hotel’s signature Alpine-Adriatic cuisine. The breakfast and lunch buffets offer healthy and hearty options, while the evening meals are creative, sophisticated and diverse and often come with accompanying wine suggestions from the waiters. Afterwards, head to the bar for a cocktail before retiring to comfortable and cosy bedrooms.
With all this excitement, you may forget you’re on the mountain. But if you do decide to go skiing, the slopes are easy to get to. Just pop on your skis and off you go.
- Easy access to the slopes, less than 1 minute's walk from the lift and ski school.
- 1700m² Acquapura Spa with bio sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and mountain views.
- Two-storey play area with ball pit, huge indoor water slide and sun terrace.
- easy access to the slopes
- less than a minute's walk from the Madritsche lift
- less than a minute's walk to the ski school meeting point and nursery slopes
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, safe and minibar. Room service is available for an extra charge. Interconnecting rooms and cots are available on request.
- Twin room (24m²) - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room (30m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head-to-head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- hotel bar and lounge
- sun terrace
- live music
- free WiFi
- internet terminal
- indoor pool-outdoor pool with indoor water slide
- kids' pool
- Acquapura wellness area with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and fitness room
- extra charge for massages and other treatments
- two-storey Falky-Alm play area with ball pit, books and games room with pool table
- hotel-run kids' club
- laundry facilities
- in-house ski shop
- ski room with lockers
- four lifts to all floors
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- buffet lunches
- 5-course evening meals 6 days per week
- buffet evening meal once a week
- gala meals included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy