With contemporary country-style rooms and lots of Alpine charm, the Falkensteiner Sonnenalpe takes pride of place on the mountain pastures of Nassfeld, 1,500m above sea level.
Inside and out, the hotel adds quirky touches to traditional Austrian architecture – from the bright colours on its façade to the cow-skin armchairs in its bedrooms – as well as having a wealth of activities for young and old alike.
For the little ones and tweens, Falky-Alm is the place to be. Across two levels you’ll find over 100 books, an arts and crafts corner, ball pit, table football and pool table. Falky the owl mascot may make an appearance, too, if you’re lucky. If you fancy a few hours to yourself (in the spa), you can even enrol them in the kids’ club, where they’ll be looked after by professional childcare staff.
The Acquapura Spa is a wellness oasis spanning over 1,700m², with a multitude of relaxing facilities including a bio sauna, steam bath and whirlpool which offers an unobstructed view of the Madritsche. If you’re feeling indulgent, treat yourself (and the kids) to a massage – yes, that’s right, Falky’s SPA offers treatments for children that is said aids both their growth and mindfulness.
And then there’s the food. On a full-board basis, you’ll get lots of opportunities to savour the hotel’s signature Alpine-Adriatic cuisine. The breakfast and lunch buffets offer healthy and hearty options, while the evening meals are creative, sophisticated and diverse and often come with accompanying wine suggestions from the waiters. Afterwards, head to the bar for a cocktail before retiring to comfortable and cosy bedrooms.
With all this excitement, you may forget you’re on the mountain. But if you do decide to go skiing, the slopes are easy to get to. Just pop on your skis and off you go.
- Easy access to the slopes, less than 1 minute's walk from the lift and ski school.
- 1700m² Acquapura Spa with bio sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and mountain views.
- Two-storey play area with ball pit, huge indoor water slide and sun terrace.
- easy access to the slopes
- less than a minute's walk from the Madritsche lift
- less than a minute's walk to the ski school meeting point and nursery slopes
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, safe and minibar. Room service is available for an extra charge. Interconnecting rooms and cots are available on request.
- Twin room (24m²) - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room (30m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head-to-head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- hotel bar and lounge
- sun terrace
- live music
- free WiFi
- internet terminal
- indoor pool-outdoor pool with indoor water slide
- kids' pool
- Acquapura wellness area with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and fitness room
- extra charge for massages and other treatments
- two-storey Falky-Alm play area with ball pit, books and games room with pool table
- hotel-run kids' club
- laundry facilities
- in-house ski shop
- ski room with lockers
- four lifts to all floors
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- buffet lunches
- 5-course evening meals 6 days per week
- buffet evening meal once a week
- gala meals included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy