With contemporary rooms and lots of alpine charm, the Falkensteiner Sonnenalpe takes pride of place on the mountain pastures of Nassfeld, 1,500m above sea level.
The hotel adds a fresh twist to traditional Austrian design, mixing splashes of bright red and purple with the wood and stone. And there are some top-notch facilities too.
For the little ones and tweens, Falky Land is the place to be. Across two levels you’ll find over 100 books, an arts and crafts corner, ball pit, climbing wall, table football and pool table. Falky the owl mascot may make an appearance, too, if you’re lucky. There's even childcare included for kids aged 3 to 12 years if you fancy a little adult-only ski time
The Acquapura Spa is a wellness oasis spanning over 1,700m², with a multitude of relaxing facilities including a bio sauna, steam bath and hot tub which offers an unobstructed view of the Madritsche. If you’re feeling indulgent, treat yourself and the kids to a massage – yes, that’s right, Falky’s SPA offers treatments for children that is said aids both their growth and mindfulness.
And then there’s the food. On a full-board basis, you’ll get lots of opportunities to savour the hotel’s signature Alpine-Adriatic cuisine. The breakfast and lunch buffets offer healthy and hearty options, while the evening meals are creative, sophisticated and diverse and often come with accompanying wine suggestions from the staff. Afterwards, head to the bar for a cocktail before retiring to comfortable and cosy bedrooms.
With all this excitement, you may forget you’re on the mountain. But when you do go skiing, the slopes are easy to get to. Just pop on your skis and off you go.
Please note: Some of the images shown here are artist’s impressions. We’ll replace these with photos as soon as possible.
- Less than 1 minute's walk from the lift and ski school.
- Relax in the spa with bio sauna, steam bath, hot tub.
- Kids will love the hotel-run kids' club.
· welcome drink · hot and cold buffet breakfast · buffet lunches · 5-course evening meals 6 days per week · buffet evening meal once a week · gala meals included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
- Easy access to the slopes
- Less than a minute's walk from the Madritsche lift
- Less than a minute's walk to the ski school meeting point and nursery slopes
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, safe and minibar.
Deluxe twin room (30m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child up to 14 years): Austrian twin beds, private bath, WC and balcony.
Comfort twin room (40m²) - sleeps 3-5 (max 2 adults or 2 adults and 3 children up to 14 years): Austrian twin beds, separate room with 2 extra beds (180cm long) and single sofa bed when booked for three, four or five, private shower or bath and WC.
Twin room (24m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Cots are available to hire, free of charge, on request. This also includes a baby phone, highchair, carrying frame, bottle warmer, baby bath, changing mat, nappy bucket, bib and buggy.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
- hotel bar and lounge
- sun terrace
- live music
- free WiFi
- internet terminal
- indoor pool-outdoor pool with indoor water slide
- kids' pool
- Acquapura wellness area with sauna, steam room, hot tub and fitness room
- extra charge for massages and other treatments
- two-storey Falky Land play area with ball pit, climbing wall, books and games room with pool table
- hotel-run kids' club for children aged 3-12
- childcare for children under 3 years available for an extra charge
- laundry facilities
- in-house ski shop
- boot room with lockers
- four lifts to all floors
Children aged 3-12 years can join Falky Land at Hotel Falkensteiner Sonnenalpe, available up to 8 hours per day, subject to change. Soft drinks are provided for children during opening hours.
Children under 3 years can be booked into Baby Land for an extra charge, where they can have fun with toys, games and songs with the professional Falky Club staff.