Lech is one of those places in the ski world that has a certain je ne sais quoi (or 'Ich weiß nicht' if you prefer) and the hotels there are no different. The Hotel Bergheim fortunately fits right into that mould too. What the hotel might lack in modern design, it more than makes up for in top-notch service, superb food, value for money and easy access to the Arlberg and it's acclaimed skiing.
The owner Martin Bucher and his family are always on hand to keep your holiday running smoothly. In the evenings, the food is varied, offering you a tasty mix of local dishes and international cuisine. Each room is spacious, comfortable and decorated in a rustic Alpine style, with lots of natural woods used throughout - perfect for a good night's rest after a day exploring the White Circle. There's also a cheery bar area for a friendly après drink and a modern wellness area with relaxation room, saunas and steam room.
- Ideal location in resort centre, 3 minutes' walk to ski bus stop
- Modern wellness area with sauna, steam room and relaxation area
- In the resort centre
- 6-7 minutes' walk to the Rufikopf lifts
- 3 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- Close to the base of the Madloch red run
- 8 minutes walk to the ski school meetings point
All rooms have a hairdryer, WiFi and flat-screen satellite TV.
- Twin Room (27m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
- Twin Room (30m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
- Single Room (25m²) - sleeps 1: Small double bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- Free WiFi
- Wellness area with sauna, steam room and relaxation area
- Treatments and massages available at neighbouring Hotel Omesberg
- Games room with pool table and table tennis
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- Children's menu available
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Christmas Eve gala dinner included for all guests
- New Year's Eve 6-course gala dinner and midnight snack included for all guest
The Hotel Bergheim serves free tap water with meals.
Notice to all customers staying in either Guesthouses / Pensions / Small and Friendly accommodations:
Please be advised that fire safety standards in Austria differ to those in the UK and Ireland, and the majority of these property types are not required to have a fire alarm.
For your own safety, please ensure you observe all 'No Smoking' signs and familiarise yourselves with your nearest exit on arrival.
When you arrive in Lech, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to the Hotel Bergheim.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy