The Tauernhof opened back in 1953, but they’ve certainly kept pace with the times, adding a luxurious modern wellness area to make stays here extra special – the one thing that hasn’t changed though is the excellent personal service. As for heading up the hill, just hop on the free bus that stops right outside, and there's even a kids’ ski area around the back of the hotel if you're staying with the little ones.
Once you’re done for the day, spend your post-piste hours in the spa, drifting between the sauna and steam room. Or round up the gang for drinks and a friendly game of table football. Staying with the family? Check out the children's playroom, with its games and cinema screen. Then when it’s time to eat, the restaurant pulls out all the stops, serving up four courses of fine dining each evening, as well as weekly gala meals and themed buffets.
When it’s time for bed, the spacious rooms are a restful place to rest your head. White walls and neutral tones give the space a calm feel, and chunky pine furniture adds that mountain touch. Lots of the rooms have their own balcony too, so you can step out to enjoy the fresh air and snow-covered views before turning in for the night.
- Next to the nursery slope and lifts – ideal for beginners.
- Make a splash in the indoor pool.
- Children's playroom with games and cinema.
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · sparkling wine breakfast on Sundays · 4-course evening meal with soup, a choice of meat, fish and vegetarian main, and dessert, plus salad and starter buffets · weekly gala dinner or farmers' buffet · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Please note: This hotel can't cater for vegan diets.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
- In the village centre
- Next to the beginners' ski slopes
- Ski bus stop outside
- Buses to Zell am See and Kaprun approx. every 15 minutes
- 5 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms are non-smoking and have a hairdryer, safe, cable TV and free WiFi.
Twin room - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private bath and WC.
Twin room - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Suite - sleeps 1-4 (max 3 adults or 3 adults and 1 child up to 12 years): Austrian twin beds, living area with extra double sofa bed when booked for three or four, private bath, WC and balcony.
Twin room - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private bath, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
- bar and lounge
- 500m² Tauernreich spa with indoor heated pool, three nude saunas, family sauna (swimming costumes allowed), steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation room
- extra charge for massages
- discounted entry to the Kaprun Tauern Spa World
- fitness room
- games room with games console and table football
- boot room with heated boot rack
- free WiFi
- 49 rooms
- lift to all floors
Just so you know, this hotel doesn't cater for vegan diets.