The Tauernhof was opened back in 1953 by the Gschwandtner sisters and run as a traditional inn. Since then, this family-run hotel has grown to become much more impressive and sophisticated. Located in the village centre and backing onto the Lechnerberg beginners' slopes and ski lifts means you’re right in the heart of it.
The hotel ensures a charming Austrian ambience throughout with spacious rooms, each individually decorated using natural materials and warm colours. The rooms have a cable TV, hairdryer, and some have a balcony too.
The highlight of the Tauernhof is the beautiful spa, A 500m2 centre with its indoor pool and plethora of other facilities. Why not treat yourself to a luxurious massage during your holiday? For something a bit more active, there's a fitness room and games room. When you just want to unwind, grab a drink in the bar and relax in the hotel lounge after a day skiing.
Food is taken seriously here – a delicious mix of local cuisine and dishes from further afield, so there’ll always be something different to try. In the inviting dining room, breakfast is a hot and cold buffet spread including regional and organic produce and indulge with a glass of sparkling wine. There's daily afternoon coffee and cake in the hotel bar, to keep you going until your 4-course dinner.
- Central village location, backing on to the beginners ski slopes and lifts.
- Indoor heated pool with integrated whirlpool and modern wellness area.
- Games room featuring Playstation, table football, darts and pool table.
- central village location
- backing on to the beginners ski slopes
- ski bus stop outside
All bedrooms have hairdryer, safe, cable TV, bathrooms, free WiFi and are non-smoking. Cots are available to hire, free of charge, upon request.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
- Suite - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): Double bed, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) WC and balcony.
- Single Room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private bath, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- lounge/bar area
- new 500m² Tauernreich wellness area
- indoor heated pool with integrated whirlpool and family sauna
- steam room, infra red cabin, 2 saunas, 2 relaxation rooms with atmospheric lights and panoramic views
- extra charge for massage
- reduced rates available at the Kaprun Tauern Spa World facility
- fitness room
- games room with Playstation, table football, darts and pool table
- 48 bedrooms
- lift to all floors
- hot and cold buffet breakfast including regional and organic produce
- sparkling wine breakfast on Sundays
- daily après ski snack with tea or coffee between 2-5pm
- 4-course evening meals with daily salad, cheese and fresh fruit buffets
- weekly desert buffet
- weekly gala dinner or farmers' buffet
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy