The grand Hotel Schwarzer Adler has an impressive 500 years of history behind it.
Located just outside Innsbruck’s old town, the boutique Schwarzer Adler is in a great spot for exploring the city’s cultural wonders as well as the slopes on the surrounding mountains. The nearest ski area is only 7 minutes’ walk away, too, so you don’t have to worry about missing the ski bus in the mornings.
The ornate maroon building doesn’t just have a unique exterior, either. None of the 40 bedrooms inside its walls resembles another, with some rooms embodying a rustic feel, while others are more modern in design. Some of its smaller rooms are even furnished in a Swarovski design.
The Schwarzer Adler, once a haven to emperors, kings and aristocrats, retains many of its traditional features like its medieval door frames and dining rooms. The restaurant, made up of three ‘parlours’ – the Alderstube, Jägerstube and Aquin – is known for its gourmet cuisine and historic wood-panelled spaces. The Alderstube parlour is one of the oldest rooms in the hotel, while the Arquin parlour is known for its more modern influences, exhibiting contemporary works by local artists.
As well as the iconic eatery, the hotel is home to Pfiffbar – a charming bar with typical American flair. Locals and guests come down here to chill out to music with a cocktail or beer in hand. You’ll also love the rooftop terrace – another perfect place for an evening drink – which afford spectacular views across Innsbruck and the mountains.
- Centrally located with a 5-minute walk to the city centre.
- A traditional hotel with five centuries of history.
- Rooftop terrace, onsite restaurant and Pfiffbar.
- 5 minutes' walk to the city centre
- 7 minutes' walk to the Nordkette lift
- 7 minutes' walk to the Nordkette nursey slopes
- 8 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms have a flatscreen TV with UK channels, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, safe, minibar and air conditioning, and are non-smoking. Room service, cots and interconnecting rooms are available for an extra charge.
- Twin room - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- hotel bar and lounge
- two sun terraces
- smoking lounge
- restaurant made up of three parlours
- underground vaulted private dining area
- free WiFi
- steam room
- extra charge for massages and other treatments
- lift to all floors
- ski room with heated boot rack
- regional continental buffet
- optional upgrade to half board with 3-course evening meals - gala meals included
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy