If you like modern comfort, design, spa and wellness - all mixed together with traditional style and hospitality - then you should love the forward thinking Impuls Hotel Tyrol. The hotel's philosophy is 'live now' - and they offer everything to ensure you enjoy your holiday to the full.
First impressions might make you think this was a brand new hotel - thanks to some fantastic renovations – but it has quite a lot of history. The original hotel was built back in 1926 as an Alpine spa villa with just a couple of guest rooms and its own thermal water source - making it a very popular place for a relaxed getaway. And once you delve further inside you’ll notice the hotel’s roots more and more – we especially love the cosy wood panelled stubes.
Nearly 90 years on, the Impuls Tyrol has expanded into a second building, the 'Vital House' - where you’ll find the spa. But as everything is interconnected you won't ever have to leave the warmth of indoors, except when you want to go skiing obviously.
The reception, lounge and dining areas all have a sleek design – with a fresh and vibrant use of colour and materials. As for facilities there’s a great gym with virtually everything you could imagine for keeping fit off the slopes, from cross-trainers to weights. Plus there are two swimming pools, one indoor and the other outside – both open year round. And the views from the outdoor pool are pretty spectacular, so bring your waterproof camera along if you have one.
The rooms are a mix of old and new. So if you want a modern design room, you can have it. If you love the traditional Austrian style then you’ve got rooms that fulfil this too.
- 2 minutes' walk to village centre, ski bus stops outside.
- Thermal indoor and outdoor pools and stunning 1,400m² spa area.
- Fine dining with fine wines from the cellar.
- ski bus stop outside
- 2 minutes' walk to village centre
- 10 minutes' walk to Schlossalm lift
All rooms have a hairdryer, flatscreen satellite TV, safe, free WiFi and bathrobes.
- Twin room- sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and extra single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Known as an Alpine Classic room by the hotel, with Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Superior twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed, private shower or bath, WC and balcony.
- Type C studio - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private shower or bath and WC. Some have a balcony.
- Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- heated ski and boot room
- 76 bedrooms
- lift to all floors
Wine, dine and unwind
- lounge with open fireplace
- wine cellar
- non-smoking dining room
Spa, wellness and pools
- fantastic 1,400m² spa centre with indoor thermal pool, outdoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, sanarium, infrared sauna, steam room and relaxation room
- extra charge for beauty treatments and massage
For the family
- children's playroom with toys
- excellent fitness room
- hot and cold buffet breakfast daily until 10.30am
- daily afternoon snack buffet
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
- weekly speciality buffets
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
You can amend your holiday for free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever destination you’ve booked, if you're flying with this operator.
Also, if you're due to go on holiday but have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, you can submit a medical certificate and amend your booking for free. This operator's normal terms & conditions apply for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your holiday, we advise you to speak to your insurance company.
If there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
If your holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, you’ll receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid.
Get peace of mind with our COVID Cover benefits (provided by the Holiday to Home insurance policy with AXA Insurance UK Plc). These include free amends if you contract COVID-19 before you travel and insurance for medical costs if you contract it while you’re away.
- When you go on holiday with us in Winter 2020/21, you’ll automatically be covered for overseas medical assistance if you contract COVID-19. You’ll also be covered for any testing costs and we’ll fly you home for medical treatment if you need it (subject to T&Cs).
- If you’re asked to quarantine while you’re away, we’ll cover you for the extra time you’re there and for a new return flight home.
- You can amend your holiday for free if you contract COVID-19 before your holiday.
- Your Holiday to Home cover from AXA Insurance offers specific protection if your holiday is impacted by COVID-19. You’ll still need to book separate winter sports travel insurance too, to cover all other aspects of your trip (e.g. winter sports activities, cancellation, baggage and medical cover for other conditions or accidents).
- Take a look at the T&Cs. You’ll also find answers to some frequently asked questions about the policy, and the full Holiday to Home insurance policy.
- This operator is doing everything they can to protect you against COVID-19 during your holiday, from deep-cleaning their aircraft to making sure our accommodations and ski partners meet the highest standards of hygiene.
This operator promise they'll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means if they know you'll need to self-isolate or quarantine when you arrive at a destination, they won't take you there, and if you need to self-isolate when you return to the UK, you'll have the option to amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Following FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before you go or while you’re on holiday, we’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. If it changes to ‘all but essential travel’, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
Keeping you informed
We’ll contact you before you go about the current safety regulations in your resort. We’re working closely with our accommodation providers and ski suppliers to implement local rules and keep you safe. As most ski resorts operate in winter only, we can’t confirm any details quite yet.
While you’re away, the resort team will always be on hand to support you – you can get in touch with us 24/7 by phone.
Book with confidence
This operator is part of a group of companies, one of the world’s leading travel groups. All of their package holidays include flights, transfers and accommodation, and are ABTA and ATOL protected.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy