Hotel Post is a great little hotel near the base of Bad Gastein's village. There are three ways of getting to the centre of town and the Stubnerkogel gondola - by road it's around 10 minutes' uphill walk, the ski bus stops virtually outside or you can always take a shortcut via the Post's neighbour's (Salzburger Hof) lift that cuts out the climb.
Speaking of the Salzburger Hof, the Post is very closely linked. And as a result you've got free access to the spa, pool and wellness facilities of the Salzburger Hof - best of all it's only a few metres over the road.
Rooms at the Post have free WiFi meaning you can easily stay in touch with home. The decor looks great - using natural materials like wood and leather as well as Carrara marble. It's modern and stylishly finished and very in-keeping with the grand architecture of the Gastein Valley - but with a refreshing edge.
Each morning a tasty buffet breakfast is served with plenty of choice. Plus, in the evenings you'll be spoilt by flavours of the region and beyond. On one evening a week - usually a Wednesday - the Post's kitchen will be closed giving you the chance to explore one of the many fabulous local restaurants around Bad Gastein.
- Near the base of Bad Gastein's village, ski bus stops outside.
- Use of extensive spa and pool at the Salzburger Hof hotel.
- 10 minutes' walk to town centre, Stubnerkogel gondola or to nearest bus stop
All bedrooms have flatscreen satellite TV, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, minibar and are non-smoking.
- Twin Room - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and extra sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
- Single Room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- après bar
- live music
- free use of indoor pool, sauna, steam bath and whirlpool at Hotel Salzburger Hof
- extra charge for massage and treatments at the Hotel Salzburger Hof
- lift to all floors
- ski storage room
- welcome drink
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 5-course evening meals with 3 choices of main course - 6 evenings per week
- New Year's Eve gala dinner included
- The restaurant will be closed on Wednesday nights giving you the chance to explore the local restaurants at your own pace.
- Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
The restaurant is closed on Wednesday night and evening meals are not served.
Important Covid-19 refund promise
As the countdown to the ski season begins, this operator have updated their Holiday Promise for departures between December 2021 and April 2022.
You'll get expert service at every step on your way to the mountains. Ask us questions and get advice before you go, plus we'll be available if you need anything while you're on holiday. And of course, your trip with this operator is always covered by ABTA and ATOL-protection.
Red list pledge
- If your destination moves to the red list before you go. This operator won't take you on holiday to a destination that is on the red list at the time of your departure. If they cancel your booking, you can get your money back within 14 days or you'll have the option to change your booking to a different destination, or to a later date.
- If your destination moves to the red list while you're away. They'll do their best to get you back home before the quarantine requirement begins, and you'll get a refund for any holiday nights you lose due to this.
In addition to their red list pledge, your holiday won’t go ahead and you’ll be able to change your booking to another date fee-free or receive a full refund:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against non-essential travel to your destination.
- If the government for the destination you’re travelling to decides to enforce quarantine for all UK arrivals.
- If the borders for the country you’re travelling to are closed to UK arrivals.
If they need to cancel your holiday for any of these reasons, you don't need to do anything — they’ll work through bookings in departure date order and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
Plus, for departures between December 2021 and April 2022, you can change your booking for any reason.
Package holiday refund guarantee
If you book a package holiday, you're protected under the package holiday refund guarantee. This means that if we need to cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to change your booking to another holiday with this operator fee-free, or they’ll give you a full refund within 14 days.
If they do cancel your holiday, they'll be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss your options with you.
Due to the changing travel situation, this operator have updated their fee-free changes policy for holidays in December 2021, January 2022 and February 2022.
If you've booked a ski trip for December 2021, January 2022 or February 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 14 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
If you've booked a ski trip for between March 2022 and April 2022, you can change your holiday dates or accommodation fee-free up to 28 days before your departure date, whatever the reason.
A copy of the full terms and conditions are available on request.
Evolution Ski Pack
Entry level skis/snowboards perfect for those discovering the thrills of skiing on green and blue slopes. Manageable and reliable skis even on hard snow, that help you make progress whilst having fun.
- Ski types: Slopes, Female, Snow blades
- Snowboard types: Multipurpose
- Boots: Good quality shoes for very good comfort
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboard, boots and poles
Atomic Nomad [S] Tune Plus
Dynastar Active Easy
Evolution Skis Only
Performance Ski Pack
For all skiers at home on all types of slopes and snow. Comfortable, higher-performance skis/snowboards that guarantee stability and grip even at full speed.
- Ski types: Slips, All mounting, Female
- Snowboard types: All mountain, Freestyle
- Boots: Good quality shoes for a good support
- Maximum equipment age: 2 years
- Package includes: Skis/snowboards, boots and poles
Salomon X-Drive 75 Sti
Head Absolut Joy S
Rossignol Smash 7
Performance Skis Only
Excellence Ski Pack
For the most demanding and experienced skiers. The highest quality skis for every terrain, both on-slope and off.
- Ski types: Racing World Cup, Piste, All mountain, Free ride, Female
- Boots: Hi quality and technical shoes for very good support
- Maximum equipment age: 1 year
- Package includes: Skis, boots and poles
Salomon X–Drive 8.3
Rossignol Experience 84 CA
Atomic Cloud Eleven Arc
Excellence Skis Only
Adult Helmet Hire
Child Helmet Hire
Junior Ski Pack (Under 12)
Junior Snowboard Pack (Under 12)
Prices & Availability
PP - Price per person based on full occupancy